Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker World Championship 2014

• 21-03-2014 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

Not long to go now starting on the 19th of April

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Me too ,not long till the ronnie o Sullivan show either tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

Sorry. Did not see this thread before i posted another one! Anyway, round of 128 starts tomorrow. Just Morris/Doherty/O'Brien for Irish interest, be nice if all 3 could make the crucible

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Doherty playing Dechawat Poomjaeng today. Tough match

Its an advantage surely that Dechawat has already played twice on these tables and has a "match fitness" edge? Ken would have his work cut out regardless anyway, Dechawat favourite and rightly so imo

Match starts tomorrow, Fergal O'Brien plays Robbie Williams, another tough match against a guy playing well

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Does anyone know where I can watch the Doherty match? As luck would have it I have the morning off...

Doubt its available anywhere, 2 matches streamed live Williams-McManus & Stevens-Ford

The Doherty v Poomjaeng match seems to be slow. The other matches have reached the interval all 8 frames played but this one is still only 3-2 to Poomjaeng.

Doherty leveled at 4-4 after being 4-2 down so not too bad going into the evening session.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Doubt its available anywhere, 2 matches streamed live Williams-McManus & Stevens-Ford

Cheers yeah saw those ones, think there might be a problem with the streaming on Doherty's table.

I just want him to win so I can see at least one Doherty match on the TV, like old times...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Who would be a good outside bet on the worlds this year? apart from Ronnie and Higgins and Robertson. Would you bet on Bingham? was thinkin of putting some money on him..

Bingham is capable and wouldn't put you off. But worth having a look at the draw before you bet: assume he wins his first round match he'll likely have to fend off higgins and selby and that's just to reach the semi. Far from impossible, of course, although bingham hasn't been having the best of seasons...

am chancing a couple of long shots the other half of the draw which does include osullivan. Marco Fu who can be tough to beat on his day and Ricky Walden who was semi-finalist last year. Just a stab in the dark really so as well to go with your own gut instincts!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Delighted for Ken, what a great win. I can't wait to see him playing at The Cricible again. :)

I taught it would be tight but a 10-5 win against "Jack" is fantastic.

Great result for Ken to win 10-5 from 4-2 down. Will be great to see him at crucible, hopefully he will get an okay draw. Hopefully Fergal can qualify today.

Looking good for Fergal so far, 3-0 up as I type :)

7-2 going into tonights session, can't ask for much more than that!

Fergal 7-2 up after the first session so it's looking very good. When was the last time that both Fergal and Ken played at the crucible in the same year?

Fair play to Fergal, wasnt too confident of his chances here but he's proving me well wrong, hope he finishes it off quickly. Remember him been beaten by robertson the year the aussie won it, 2010 i think, so that's last time Fergal made the crucible anyway and maybe Ken was there the same year?

Glenman wrote: »
    When was the last time that both Fergal and Ken played at the crucible in the same year?

It wasn't too long ago, 2010 infact, but both were knocked out in the first round.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

I would like Ken to draw Mark Allen, could be a bit spicy and I would give Ken a chance against him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Who would be a good outside bet on the worlds this year? apart from Ronnie and Higgins and Robertson. Would you bet on Bingham? was thinkin of putting some money on him..

Barry Hawkins would be a good outside bet in my opinion.

4 in a row for Williams, 7-6 O'Brien now...squeaky bum time incoming

I didn't see this coming, Fergals got a job to do tonight after all.

C'Mon Fergal!!

One other big scoreline at the moment is that Rob Milkins is 9-8 down to Michael Wasely.

This could be a bit of a shock as Milkins is Ranked 16 and didn't automatically get through to The Crucible beause of Ronnie being World Champ and seed No. 1.

7-7

A couple of good wins for Wasley now, maybe a lad to keep an eye on

9-9 in Milkins vs Wasely, great double from Wasely there, Respotted black to decide this. :)

Wasely wins with a savage pot after the respot - Milkins OUT!

Drama in the O'Brien game loosing 10-9 on a re-spotted black. Is the draw taking place today?

Drama in the O'Brien game loosing 10-9 on a re-spotted black. Is the draw taking place today?

Yeah, I was Keeping an eye on the livescores during the match, devastated for Fergal, especially after being 7-2 up to going 8-7 down.

It's got to be said though it's great seeing so many of the younger players getting through this year. It will be such a different experience playing in The Crucible for them.

Is the draw taking place today?

It's at 12pm today and is being streamed live on World Snookers YouTube Channel.

• Advertisement

Ken Doherty draw against Stuart Bingham the world no. 6. It could have been worse but it's not an easy match, then again, there are no easy matches.

Advertisement