Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Feedback on rough sketches of my band?

• 25-11-2013 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We haven't had the time to make it tight, but I was wondering if we could get some feedback on how to make it better, what you liked, etc.
    link: https://soundcloud.com/thephants12
    We don't have much to listen to yet, but thatll change soon.
    Thank you!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Nero707

Not too bad, I enjoyed it. The vocals seemed off a little, but I couldn't tell whether that was the way it was recorded or my ****ty headphones.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

I listened to bits of the first few tunes: Kaleidoscope, vibes of Salem etc.

Man there is MOST DEFINITELY something there. I'm no pro and as you said these are just sketches, but I can hear some real talent in there at various points in the recordings.

Now you just need a mind-numbing amount of hard work, a lot of advice and help from a pro, a ridiculous amount of luck, and you might possibly end up with something half-decent :D. Or a record deal, whichever comes first.

Disclaimer: as I said, I am just a randomer on Boards, not a pro. I know not what I talketh about, so careful...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭FledNanders

Listened to a few tracks. The stand out by far being the opener on the 'Vibes of Salem' collection. Really excellent song, could easily see it getting air play

Advertisement