Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What ever did happen to BOGOF?

• 30-07-2019 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭

As in buy one get one free.

You hardly ever see it anymore, either in supermarkets or online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Recession ended.

I see fig rolls and other biscuits do 100% extra free in the packets etc

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hopefully they copped the hell on that it was an annoyance for many people. They want people to buy an item which for many is their first time to try it. I do not want a case of beer or 2 things which I might not like.

I thought it was great that applemans cider was €1 a can in tesco, I tried one and did not like it.

Tesco split their offers into sections. BOGOF only has 2 items.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferList/default.aspx?promoType=buy1get1free

while half price offers are 499 items!!
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferList/default.aspx?promoType=halfprice

I also guess the BOGOF had issues with checkouts, and complaints and confusion if stuff is in the offer or not, e.g. only 1 flavour of an item might be BOGOF. In dunnes recently I was not sure if you could mix & match the items which were BOGOF so I ended up buying something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Buy 3 for the price of 2 is the new BOGOF, 33% discount instead of 50%

On a side note I hate the way petrol stations sell stuff like chocolate and fizzy drinks, like its 1 bar for €1.80, 2 bars for €2.20. I dont want two bars and I dont like getting ripped off so I just end up not buying any at all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I see fig rolls and other biscuits do 100% extra free in the packets etc

Viscount biccies 100% extra free in Lidl at the mo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Raspberry Mini Rolls BOGOF in Dunnes at the moment

IMG-20190904-173906662.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Viscount biccies 100% extra free in Lidl at the mo!

Viscount. The MINT CRISP of biccies!

Advertisement