Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

• 19-09-2016 5:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Please use this thread for any non grocery related Tesco bargains. (Electrical appliances, homeware, clothing, media items etc)

For everyone's benefit please no off topic discussion.

If any issues or feedback report the post to contact the mods.

Tesco Grocery thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

I'm in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭Barr

Garmin LM 55 with free lifetime maps for €32.50.

Spotted this in Douglas Friday. Possibly in other stores as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Bloomfields, Dun Laoghaire had 6 xBox 360's with Kinect as of 14:50 today. Half price in the clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,059 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What was the price for those xboxes?

Tesco phibsborough had Black Star CD for €6.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

What was the price?

Unfortunately there was a half price banner obscuring the SEL, but it looked like the SEL was for €330ish. Did take a quick photo but I took it too quick so the section with the obscured SEL is blurred. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,635 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Unfortunately there was a half price banner obscuring the SEL, but it looked like the SEL was for €330ish. Did take a quick photo but I took it too quick so the section with the obscured SEL is blurred. Sorry!

Still expensive at €165

I got a 360 for 99e about 3/4 years ago from them

Different sale then, this time round there are PS2 games for €50 marked down to €25.

Tesco Jervis has loads of socks 5 pairs for €2.80 got a couple myself always great quality.

I was highlighting it's not really a sale this time but a clearence at very high prices. Also if I was mistaken putting the info on clothing being on sale in Tesco in this thread my mistake but it would be stranger to post it in the groceries thread would it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Urbeats by Dre wired earphones in white 68.87 down from 99 in Balbriggan Tesco this evening. All other colours still 99 Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Beats Solo 2s for €109 (Blue Color only) in Tesco Maynooth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Outdoor Bbq charcoal unit reduced from €79 to €14 ish.....loads in Dun Laoghaire..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Pique

Also if I was mistaken putting the info on clothing being on sale in Tesco in this thread my mistake but it would be stranger to post it in the groceries thread would it not?
    Well now you've just ruined the whole 'splitting into 2 threads thing' with your existentialist questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Half-price on most of the cds, dvds and games in Tesco Athlone.

By the way, two of the three(cds&dvds) I bought were priced incorrectly and I ended up paying €6.50 more than I should have.
    Customer support refunded me the €6.50, does anyone know if their refund policy of 'double the difference' should have applied? Just curious...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

By the way, two of the three(cds&dvds) I bought were priced incorrectly and I ended up paying €6.50 more than I should have.
    Customer support refunded me the €6.50, does anyone know if their refund policy of 'double the difference' should have applied? Just curious...

Yeah it should, but you need to push for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭DaisyDLady

Yes u should hve got double the differance.
    If u message tesco on FB , tell them what ya bought , paid and show reciepts they will send u a money card with correct refund.

Thanks. The girl seemed almost reluctant to give me the difference, never mind double. And she kept the receipts so not sure if I'd get anywhere with it. I might go into the store tomorrow and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Thanks. The girl seemed almost reluctant to give me the difference, never mind double. And she kept the receipts so not sure if I'd get anywhere with it. I might go into the store tomorrow and see what they say.

Their customer charter should be up on a big blue coloured notice board behind customer services. The "double the difference" is at the very bottom and if anything like Naas and Newbridge they will have gone out of their way to cover it by piling crâp up in front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I got double the difference recently albeit it on rashers, no hassles though

• Registered Users Posts: 43,759 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Did you use a self-service checkout? They've some strange stipulation that it doesn't apply if you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Basq wrote: »
    Did you use a self-service checkout? They've some strange stipulation that it doesn't apply if you do.

I did and then noticed the deal wasn't what was displayed so went straight to customer services and she went and checked then gave me DTD

• Registered Users Posts: 43,759 ✭✭✭✭Basq

vicwatson wrote: »
    I did and then noticed the deal wasn't what was displayed so went straight to customer services and she went and checked then gave me DTD
    Fair enough but I do remember a Tesco rep quoting it on their FB page at one stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭ablelocks

getting back to actual bargains, Apple iPad mini smart cover was 2 something and iPad Air 2 smart case was 4 something iirc in Nenagh.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Energizer Hightech AA 16 pack (8+8 free) €5 in Arthur's Quay. Think I nabbed the last pack.

Basq wrote: »

No, I went through the tills. I went back in yesterday and told them the exact time I was in. They retrieved the receipt and gave me the rest of the money so all good :)

By the way, they also had CFL lightbulbs reduced, I picked up two 11W ones for ~€3.

duracell 3 hour travel AA battery charger - 12 euro - all stores and online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭prodsc

All cds,dvds & games 5 for €10 in Sligo today!

Not sure if it's nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

prodsc wrote: »
    All cds,dvds & games 5 for €10 in Sligo today!

Not sure if it's nationwide.

Games are 10€ each and not 5 for 10€

autocare car battery charger - 5.86 Nenagh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 mot2000ie

Paw patrol medium magnetic scribbler in Tesco Galway €3.50. Selling in other shops for €10+.

Advertisement