Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Promotion Code - Irish Ferries / Stena Line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Good news for late bookers. Stena Line have reduced the itinerary I mentioned...
    In our case, on-line outward economy journey was €208, return was €176, total €384.

to €192 outward and €157 return, saving about 10%, even before discount codes. Presume this could be across many summer sailing fares. Irish Ferries have yet to match.

Looks like it's a "kids go free" promotion for June / July / August.

Expect IF to do exactly the same shortly.

Bit of a pain if you've already booked, though if you're on a "Flexi" or "Premium" booking I'd say there's nothing to stop you cancelling and rebooking or pointing out the issue by phone and asking for a refund of the difference if it works out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

A77(7+1) just worked for me, thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Great offer from stena:
    30% Off if you use this link
    http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/book-now/summer-travel/
    You must book by 19 June.
    Save me about 40€.

devil-80 wrote: »
    Great offer from stena:

This is really is a very good for late bookers. The Saturday Telegraph last week said there were a lot of late deals on foreign holidays this year (in the UK); clearly demand has been lower this year due to economic uncertainities and late booking deals like this are a final attempt to encourage travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

devil-80 wrote: »
    Great offer from stena:
    http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/book-now/summer-travel/
    You must book by 19 June.
    Save me about 40€.

Thanks for that, just saved about 90 for my July trip! sometimes it pays to do last minute:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Buratino

Hi all, just bumping this again...anyone has any up-to-date promo (Ireland -England)

Thanks

The one mentioned above by RobAMerc still works for Stena.

• The one mentioned above by RobAMerc still works for Stena.

Anyone have a code for Irish ferries? Font fancy stena line with their ancient ships!

Thanks

I've never seen an IF code that I've not received from them anyway because I'm on their mailing list. Stena seem to have a few out at any one time, targeting particular groups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Same here, I don't remember ever seeing any "public" ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I've never seen an IF code that I've not received from them anyway because I'm on their mailing list. Stena seem to have a few out at any one time, targeting particular groups.
    the Irish Ferries special offers emails can be signed up for here:
    http://www.irishferries.com/ie/register.asp

just did it myself!!!

I've just received a mailing from Stena about 25% off 2012 bookings booked before mid November. No doubt IF will be doing something very similar (in fact, probably identical) very soon. Good if you know your travel dates already, but it's only off Flexi and Premium fares.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I've just received a mailing from Stena about 25% off 2012 bookings booked before mid November. No doubt IF will be doing something very similar (in fact, probably identical) very soon. Good if you know your travel dates already, but it's only off Flexi and Premium fares.

I am signed up to the special offer emails and never seem to get any offers off them. The 25% offer you recieved, was that just select dates? I am looking to travel from Belfast - Cairnryan in May and it's working out at €486 for 4 adults in one car (premium fare). It's pretty pricey and i'm really noticing an increase in price since last year, so any up to date discount codes would be much appreciated!

A778 and A788 were both still working last week. The ferry companies do seem to have increased their prices year on year. I would expect more special offers to come - it's not as if the recession's suddenly gone away.

A778 and A788 were both still working last week. The ferry companies do seem to have increased their prices year on year. I would expect more special offers to come - it's not as if the recession's suddenly gone away.

Many thanks Rock Steady Edy, A778 gave me about 6% off and A788 9% off! It's still dear, but every little helps and I suppose Good luck trying to get flights and car hire for €442, so I suppose it is all relative. Don't know whether to book now or hold out a little longer.... Mmmm, decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

I booked Stena (Rosslare/Pembroke return) this time last year for July sailings. I can't remember which code I used but it gave me about 10% off all Fares.
    About 2 months later they were offering 15% discounts on all bookings. This year I think I will wait until the end of March at least and see what offers might appear.

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    I booked Stena (Rosslare/Pembroke return) this time last year for July sailings. I can't remember which code I used but it gave me about 10% off all Fares.
    About 2 months later they were offering 15% discounts on all bookings. This year I think I will wait until the end of March at least and see what offers might appear.

Yes I think I might wait another month too, it's not like a flight were the price could sky rocket at any time, they seem to stay pretty steady.

As I said, I am signed up to the special offers and don't seem to get any emails from them (and I check my spam folder). If anyone gets an email about offers, can they post on this thread please! :D

Got this one by email a couple of days ago for the Dublin to Holyhead route before end of March for stays of up to 3 days. Car+2+kids free for €199.

http://www.stenaline.ie/ferry/book-now/a897-january-blues-2012/?=&utm_source=SL%2020120112-JanuaryBlues-exROI&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20120112-JanuaryBlues-exROI

..and IF are doing a very similar deal - €99 each way up to 31 March on their cruise ships departing Dublin and Rosslare with no 72 hour maximum and no email invitation necessary, just book on their website. No Tesco vouchers though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭SachaJ

anything recent? Heading over to the UK Easter weekend in the car.

SachaJ wrote: »
    anything recent? Heading over to the UK Easter weekend in the car.

Hi Sacha, A778 and A788 are both still working, A778 was offering me about 10% off a premium fare today, and A788 about 9% which is funny because the last time I checked, A778 was only giving me about 6% off! I think 10% is about as much as you could expect to get off, especially at a busy time like the Easter weekend.

ncmc wrote: »
    Hi Sacha, A778 and A788 are both still working, A778 was offering me about 10% off a premium fare today, and A788 about 9% which is funny because the last time I checked, A778 was only giving me about 6% off! I think 10% is about as much as you could expect to get off, especially at a busy time like the Easter weekend.

Sorry about that - I should have been clearer.

I'm looking for a code for Irish Ferries. Their sailing times suit me much better especially with a child in the back - ie. she'll sleep in the car on the other side.

HSS - 30 & 31 March - Holyhead / Dun Laoaghaire service

I've just had an email alert saying that the HSS is commencing to Dun Laoghaire 2 days earlier than scheduled, and they are selling the first 20 bookings at €60 single for a car + driver. Just looked and there's still availability for anyone that can make use of it.

Glad I waited. 25% off Irish Ferries now until Feb 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

SachaJ wrote: »
    Glad I waited. 25% off Irish Ferries now until Feb 27th.
    heres the full rundown on that offer
    2012 Spring Sale
    Save up to 25% Car plus 1 from €89 one way.
    From €89 online fare for you and your car is valid for midweek travel (Mon – Thurs) on all cruise ferry services up to 30 June 2012. Must be booked a min of 7 days in advance of travel date and by the 27 Feb 2012.
    unfortunately not available in high summer

And funnily enough, Stenaline have exactly the same offer on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lovemuffin1982

A778 works.
    Car and 5 people €477, with this code €429 + €6 Credit card fee. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

A778 works.
    Car and 5 people €477, with this code €429 + €6 Credit card fee. :)

Love it lovemuffin :) Thanks for the code!
    Got 3 adults + 1 infant + Car, May, Return Dublin-Holyhead, for €286 and paid by laser so no card charge.
    Was going to be €318, still glad to keep those few quid in my pocket and not in the ferry cartel :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

anybody got any newer codes for irish ferries? A778 seem to be expired, car and 2 peoples...

thanks

Advertisement