Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

wireless desktop set

Options
  • 29-09-2003 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭

harvey norman (airedale retail park in swords, an somewhere in dundalk) have microsoft wireless natural multimedia keyboards bundled with 3 btn wireless optical mouse for €65 (was €110).
    heres a link

the mouse in the pic is differant to the one being sold (its still nice), i bought 2 at the weekend, have tried em out an am well chuffed with them, thought the folks on here would like to no bout them too:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭violenza

hi, are they RF or IR.

It's not very clear on the website.

Cheers.
    viol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 OrionSystem

ill give you €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

violenza: not sure, how would i tell?

OrionSystem: what r u talking about, this isnt a for sale board.....read the charter

• Registered Users Posts: 64,766 ✭✭✭✭unkel

RF

sorry ... how do i go about it then? im new :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Eh... you go to the shop mentioned in the first post and buy it there.

i see .... another lesson learned .......
    read the post properly... i feel real clever ...

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

thats a good price considering the $ price is a lot more from the link you sent!!

Shame i cant stand the MS natural keyboard!

i love the MS natural keyboards, have had a couple differant ones over the years, the one im upgrading from had somethin like 20 customizable buttons an was kick ass in general. caught the wireless bug tho, an the idea of a fully wireless desktop really apealed to me, its great sittin across the room playin mame or somethin on ur tv, or a dvd

id highly recommend em anyway for the price that there goin for there a steal.

i was impressed with harvey norman in general, looked like there was plenty of bargains to be had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭talla

the creative labs online store has their wireless keyboard and wireless optical mouse for €59(free delivery) to your door. The european store ships from Blanchardstown, I ordered one last on a wedsnesday evening and it arrived on Friday. Website is here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

whosurpaddy,

That MS deal from "harvey norman" looks very interesting, but the link is direct to microsoft. Any idea how I can get in touch with a "harvey norman" oultlet!.

As I can not even find a website for that name, have you got a store phone number by any chance?..

Looks a nice package/piece of kit. Would hate to miss out!.

Thanks,

P.:ninja:

Originally posted by Paddy20
    whosurpaddy,

That MS deal from "harvey norman" looks very interesting, but the link is direct to microsoft. Any idea how I can get in touch with a "harvey norman" oultlet!.

As I can not even find a website for that name, have you got a store phone number by any chance?..

Looks a nice package/piece of kit. Would hate to miss out!.

Thanks,

swords: 01 8909900
    dundalk: 042 9396600

i saw the ad in the sun last week, theyve had full page ads in the sun/ evenin herald on most days.
    their an australian retailer web site the keyboard aint on their site tho. the name of the thing is microsoft wireless optical desktop pro. did a quick google & came up with this pic

if i get a chance ill scan in the ad tomorrow

paddy]:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

whosurpaddy,

The Desktop Pro wireless package!, is even a much better deal. than I was expecting, although it will be interesting to see what mouse they are offering.

As I never buy newspapers, I tend to miss these advertisements.

Many thanks for the telephone numbers. I will try calling them tomorrow.

Would be nice to see a scan of the ad, but do not search around, unless you have it easily to hand.

Mucho appreciado!.;)

no probs man, thats what boards is all about, sharin info.

the link i posted to amazon above is exactly what ur getting, same mouse an all, its a pretty much bog standard 3 button optical wireless mouse, feels real nice to use tho, good scrolling.

ill scan the ad tonight if a can.

paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

Maplins are selling a wireless (RF) Keyboard and Optical Mouse for €50 (Link price is in Sterling)

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=031003234451635&moduleno=34229&Addon=F&modulecode=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

ST

Is that on the September brochure?
    If so, it's finishing up today

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

It's not in the September brochure, I saw it on their website. In the shop (Jervis St) it's priced on the shelf at €115.49, and also in the new catalogue. But I asked at the counter and was told its price was €50. Don't know how lonk the offer is available for. The Maplin code is A69AK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I got one on the way home from work today, it's a nice package. This keyboard will take a bit if getting used to but in fairness a microsoft optical wireless mouse wouldn't be far off in price if one were to buy it alone, the programmable buttons are handy. -edit the harvey normans one-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Standard wireless optical mouse and wireless keyboard (actually now that I think of it its an American keyboard layout) available from www.marxcomputers.com

€50

I got one a couple of weeks ago and its been fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by machalla
    Standard wireless optical mouse and wireless keyboard

With these things Remember to buy Looots of bateries - They run out at the worst moments.

Or better spend extra to get one thats docks and recharges.

ozmo

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
Advertisement