Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Rewards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,797 ✭✭✭✭muffler

19 Euro for a 2 month movie and entertainment pass on Now TV with 9 Euro refund is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

muffler wrote: »
    19 Euro for a 2 month movie and entertainment pass on Now TV with 9 Euro refund is pretty good

Not bad.... handy for xmas. I take it you can sideload this easily on Amazon Firestick? Plus there's no commitment to continue after the 2 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

muffler wrote: »

I erroneously thought you get 2 months of each, but alas no :o A tenner for a month entertainment and movie pass is not bad though - fiver a piece. Handy for Christmas

Here are the terms in case anyone is interested:
    Terms and Conditions
    14 day free trials are excluded from the offer. To redeem this offer, you will get a 1 Month Cinema + 1 Month Entertainment pass. This must be redeemed at https://www.nowtv.com/ie/visa. Cashback will be deposited directly into the account of the Registered Card you used to make the qualifying purchase. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Not all locations may be monitored by Visa. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards. Maximum cashback of €9.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,797 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mrcheez wrote: »
    Not bad.... handy for xmas. I take it you can sideload this easily on Amazon Firestick? Plus there's no commitment to continue after the 2 months?
    Sorry, I don't know if that works or not. I'm assuming you would need the now tv stick.

I erroneously thought you get 2 months of each, but alas no :o A tenner for a month entertainment and movie pass is not bad though - fiver a piece. Handy for Christmas

Here are the terms in case anyone is interested:
    I thought it was 2 months of each also based on the wording of the offer but clearly it's not. Still good enough though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

The same offer is available via PTSB rewards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Did anyone else get the "you deserve something extra" email? Use the card 5 times in store in 5 weeks to get a €5 reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bonjurkes

VanZan wrote: »
    Did anyone else get the "you deserve something extra" email? Use the card 5 times in store in 5 weeks to get a €5 reward.

yes I got it.

Had a look at the T&C's and didn't see anything about a minimum purchase price. On the face of it it seems a great offer. Well in terms of recent offers I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Where do we need to spend 5 times?

Had a look at the T&C's and didn't see anything about a minimum purchase price. On the face of it it seems a great offer. Well in terms of recent offers I mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,812 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

nope
    actually just checked my secondary email and notice for my debit card, im not getting emails from AIB at all lately. im still getting one a week in my main mailbox for my credit card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

bonjurkes wrote: »
    yes I got it.
    Yes...for 1 card only though (least used) and not the other (regularly used)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭holly8

spix wrote: »
    I got a 15% just eat reward on 20th October which was supposed to expire on 2nd November. I used it on 25th October. I got another just eat reward on 26th October supposed to expire on 9th November. I used that one last week and got the money back from it, but nothing back from the first one which was a more expensive order. I've never gotten 2 just eat vouchers in quick succession, I wonder did they decide to not honor the 1st order and gave a new reward anticipating the order value would be less.

I got 2 in quick succession too. Never before. Only got to use the 1st one but I didnt automatically get the reward. Had to contact customer service and got it a few days later

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

20% back on next purchase of 150 euro or more at fitbit com until 7 dec
    10 euro back on 100 or more purchase at smiths toys online until 7 dec
    10% back on deliveroo online purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 13,609 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I also got a 15% off Just Eat.

Never used it before but maybe will give these courier guys a shot and shout "Obrigado!"

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Got €5 back with €50 spend at Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Flashdan

10 back when you spend 100 at Smyths. Normally these don't include video games / console but cant see in the terms on this offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭go4it

Flashdan wrote: »
    10 back when you spend 100 at Smyths. Normally these don't include video games / console but cant see in the terms on this offer.

the promo is for online and in-store, but T&C talk more about the in-store stuff ;

When money off in-store: the person at the till might be competent enough not to apply the money off for some items that don't qualify.
    Online shopping is different : whatever you bought, will show an amount on your statement, and trigger a cashback if qualifying amount is met ( hope you can read between the lines ...)

I got the Smyths one and 5e off 50e in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭roosterman71

AIB/VISA won't have a scoobys what you spend the money on. Just spend the €100 and yer good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 15,812 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

AIB/VISA won't have a scoobys what you spend the money on. Just spend the €100 and yer good to go

Indeed. It’s not a voucher. It’s cash back on what you charge against your card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭lob020

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Got €5 back with €50 spend at Aldi.

Can't find that offer on either AIB or PTSB Visa rewards,I see Smyth s and the others, where should I be Looking ?

So for the Smyths one could I go in and get the Mega Drive Mini (€70) and €30 of Steam vouchers? And then get a tenner back from AIB later? Checked the T&C's and it doesn't mention anything restrictive....just that you can't pay with gift vouchers I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭roosterman71

So for the Smyths one could I go in and get the Mega Drive Mini (€70) and €30 of Steam vouchers? And then get a tenner back from AIB later? Checked the T&C's and it doesn't mention anything restrictive....just that you can't pay with gift vouchers I think.

It doesn't matter how you spend the €100 quid to get the refund

Yep just can't believe my luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Smyths e10 off e100 offer now live also

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058033775

• Registered Users Posts: 19 D.I.Y.Diva!!

I got cashback when I used my card online for Debenhams. Nice surprise since I hadn't logged in to check the rewards in awhile because they had been pretty disappointing for awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Johnnymer

Hey, how did ya get this fiver back in Aldi, I just spent 51 and got fully charged. Man behind the till said he'd never heard of it. Just wondering how I claim thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Johnnymer wrote: »
    Hey, how did ya get this fiver back in Aldi, I just spent 51 and got fully charged. Man behind the till said he'd never heard of it. Just wondering how I claim thanks.

It’s Visa that do the cashback to your account. It’s all in the terms and conditions and clearly explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 garry b

It get put on your card in a couple of days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Got myself and nice little few quid
    €45 Fitbit
    €10 Smyths
    €5 Aldi
    This week
    Makes up for spending the whole year reading the same dross on the Saturday updates 1% fro shops I would never buy anything from

Advertisement