Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

''The girl who became three boys''

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

annascott wrote: »
    Something like this was covered years ago in the film Boys Don't Cry, based on a girl who called herself Brandon and fooled everyone into thinking she was a boy.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0171804/

I don't see what the crime is, although the deception thing questions their character. It is perfectly acceptable to be a lesbian who chooses to dress as a boy. I don't understand why they don't just do that instead.

That's not what the issue is. The issue is she was deceitful and targeted younger girls to abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

One things for sure, she's better looking as a man than a woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I ask myself why, she is rather attractive, I am sure she could have met a very willing and loving lesbian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

One things for sure, she's better looking as a man than a woman.

Where is pics of her as man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

The Trinity

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

dilallio wrote: »
    Rogering a 15 yr old with a pink dildo.

we've all been there

It's like, the second massive picture on the link. Scroll down.

She looks like a mixture between Norman Bates & Rico from starship troopers.

That's Kieron Richardson lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

She needed some balls to pull that off

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sid519

She does look boyish...it's kinda sick, if you ask me... what punishment did she get?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

and she's standing right beside him.... literally inches away

and she's standing right beside him.... literally inches away

Yeah as a girl, not a man

I only read "Barker, pictured here" and saw the dude. I tend not to get too invested in Daily Mail articles, my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Colmustard wrote: »
    I ask myself why, she is rather attractive, I am sure she could have met a very willing and loving lesbian.

Maybe she's transgender, that way she'd want to be with a girl as a 'boy' not with a girl as a 'girl'. What she did was very wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

Ann22 wrote: »
    Maybe she's transgender, that way she'd want to be with a girl as a 'boy' not with a girl as a 'girl'. What she did was very wrong.

I was thinking that, but that would have come up in the girls defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

No, it doesn't sound like she's transgender at all, trans people generally don't go around creating a string of fake identities like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

She looks like she has a decent size rack, how was that not discovered during the "petting"

article-2184539-0F83A03400000578-724_306x423.jpg

She looks like she has a decent size rack, how was that not discovered during the "petting"

article-2184539-0F83A03400000578-724_306x423.jpg

"What's the story with your chest?"
    "don't mind that. Just a bit of gyno"

• Registered Users Posts: 33,015 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Medusa22 wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2184539/The-girl-boys-I-idea-boyfriend-girl.html

I think it was an odd thing to do, to pretend to be a guy and obviously quite upsetting for the girls who believed they had boyfriends. Gemma Barker obviously has some psychological problems, however, I find her sentence to be a bit harsh. Actually, I find it a bit odd that she was sentenced at all. I don't think that it is a crime to pretend to be a man? I wonder where this leaves transsexuals who haven't fully had a sex change and are living their lives as a man or a woman and who may not tell potential partners. So, what do the people of AH think?

That photo looks like Justin Bieber.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Loike the girl telling the story must be from D4, roight?
    Learn how to speak English you twat!

• Advertisement

annascott wrote: »
    I don't see what the crime is, although the deception thing questions their character. It is perfectly acceptable to be a lesbian who chooses to dress as a boy. I don't understand why they don't just do that instead.

The crime is that she duped the underage women into performing sexual acts - they are minors, she isn't. If the girls knew what they were agreeing to, then it'd be completely different, but they didn't realize she was older and not a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I don't understand how they didn't know, they were friends with her in her real life as a girl??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I feel stupider having read that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Anyone watch that? Supposed to be a documentary but was pretty clear that the makers just thought it was a ridiculous story and it painted one of the victims as a complete idiot. The whole thing was so far fetched. I am scared for teenage girls that become so naive and silly over boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Is it ok to knock one out to this or is there an actual crime here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 angeleyescdl

This unfortunately happens more than you would believe!!
    It happened to me and I'm not a young school girl.
    I was duped online at a time when I was very vulnerable and had just been diagnosed with a serious illness. I believed that an american guy, 10 years my junior, was interested in me. The photo's were real (although to this day I do not know who they were really of) and 'he' treated me like a princess online. We would chat online every night until the early hours of the morning. We swapped mobile numbers so we could text the rest of the time.
    This started in the August but we never actually met until the November, by that time I was hooked.
    Looking back he/she groomed me. Telling me what I wanted to hear, making up stories to make me feel emotionally attached without ever meeting. Stories such as being abused as a child by 'his' father. I was even shown pictures of a stunning lady I believed to be 'his' mother.
    When we did meet 'he' sounded american but like that one in the program, also wore hats all the time.
    The lies and the way I was groomed make me so angry, even though this happened years ago now.
    The truth eventually came out and it turns out she lived in the same city as me (and was not amaerican!!!), had an amazing childhood and her parents - both of them, were lovely people.
    There is more to the story but it angers me so much remembering it all, I just wanted to say it does happen to other women out there not just schoolgirls.
    I totally empathise with those young girls, I thought as an adult nothing like that could ever happen to me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If there is one lesson to be learned from all this, it's to beware of men who wear hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Anyone watch that? Supposed to be a documentary but was pretty clear that the makers just thought it was a ridiculous story and it painted one of the victims as a complete idiot. The whole thing was so far fetched. I am scared for teenage girls that become so naive and silly over boys.

She was a complete idiot! I mean, 'he' talked to her by typing messages on 'his' phone because 'he' was "shy"...that's just downright odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

She obviously has some sort of mental illness, or is a very confused young woman.. what she done was VERY wrong and deceitful, I reckon in a few years she's going to punch herself in the face with mortification:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

terrible documentary all in all, just showed that girl up for being really stupid, who would go out with someone who never spoke to them?

Advertisement