Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

4k Fire TV stick - PLEASE READ OP BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

I've had a few issues that I thought were network related. Last night for example it was giving the message that it couldn't connect to the servers. Do a quick search and there can be various different reasons for it. One that wasn't mentioned was turning off a VPN if you have it running and 'voila' back in business.

I've had a few times now where Express VPN has seemingly caused it to stop working or to affect the YouTube app for example. Turning Express VPN off and back on seems to fix it.

I find nord vpn works the best for me. Use it for BBC player itv hub and never a problem. Also great for 3rd party apps that need vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Did anyone manage to install the IMDB app? I don't want to change country and can't find it on any of the usual sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

bromley52 wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to install the IMDB app? I don't want to change country and can't find it on any of the usual sites.

Its not an app, it's basically built into the amazon OS. I set up a US account (new amazon acc with US address) and viola, IMDB TV now comes up as an option for searched programmes. Obviously need a VPN too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I've had a few issues that I thought were network related. Last night for example it was giving the message that it couldn't connect to the servers. Do a quick search and there can be various different reasons for it. One that wasn't mentioned was turning off a VPN if you have it running and 'voila' back in business.

I've had a few times now where Express VPN has seemingly caused it to stop working or to affect the YouTube app for example. Turning Express VPN off and back on seems to fix it.

No vpn here, but still losing connection on 4k stick constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

TheDriver wrote: »
    Its not an app, it's basically built into the amazon OS. I set up a US account (new amazon acc with US address) and viola, IMDB TV now comes up as an option for searched programmes. Obviously need a VPN too

Tried it with my Smartdnsproxy account but no joy, disappeared after I switched back to Ireland. Hbomax & Stan both work with Smartdnsproxy. Stan, like Netflix, 30 day free trial. Worked with Irish Bank card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

jgbyr wrote: »
    No vpn here, but still losing connection on 4k stick constantly.

Buy your own ethernet connector.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/362787713148?var=631941824420

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

joujoujou wrote: »

Please note: not compatible with first Gen sticks, Firestick 4K or Roku devices

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Have the very one with FS 4k, works! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭batistuta9

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Yes any us address will do, I also had to quote a us tv provider I just selected fubo tv and I set up a fake fubo tv account also

Is there's no need to have an active subscription to a TV provider? Just an account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Is there's no need to have an active subscription to a TV provider? Just an account?

I have a fubo tv account I quoted that one originally but that is now expired.

So last week I quoted fubo tv without it being active and it was accepted fine

• Advertisement

I have a fubo tv account I quoted that one originally but that is now expired.

So last week I quoted fubo tv without it being active and it was accepted fine

Usually PL pass is pretty useless without the live TV games. hopefully just an account will do to get access to them, will find out on Wednesday.

Are you looking for a projector? Seen your post in another thread, I've one I'm thinking on selling if you're interested.

Usually PL pass is pretty useless without the live TV games. hopefully just an account will do to get access to them, will find out on Wednesday.

Are you looking for a projector? Seen your post in another thread, I've one I'm thinking on selling if you're interested.

Yes, I have a loan of an Optoma full HD on trial and love it. Pm me details

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bailey7

It was well worth it. Picture quality is amazing and they show every game you can select any game you want all UK commentators too

Do they definitely show every premier league game? Signed up following your advice using a fubo account but reading conflicting info online.
    Amazing picture quality and worked out under €9 for the rest of the season so happy days.

bailey7 wrote: »
    Do they definitely show every premier league game? Signed up following your advice using a fubo account but reading conflicting info online.
    Amazing picture quality and worked out under €9 for the rest of the season so happy days.

Within fubo no choice games but with the nbc sports app you can pick any game

Within fubo no choice games but with the nbc sports app you can pick any game

Deadly man, thanks for the tip. Roll on next week

Yes, I have a loan of an Optoma full HD on trial and love it. Pm me details

Saying your PMs are full atm

You'll need the tv account part. Only 7/32 games listed so far are live with only the PL pass.

PL pass was supposed to have 140 games this season(minimum 4 per team) that weren't shown on TV there, but with the way thing have gone not sure what's happening with it from now on

Saying your PMs are full atm

Thanks I've cleared it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Off Topic but I ordered a cover for the remote on Amazon and got it today. It’s bright red, fits it perfectly so hopefully I won’t spend ages looking for the remote again when it disappears down the side of my black armchair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

twirlagig wrote: »
    Off Topic but I ordered a cover for the remote on Amazon and got it today. It’s bright red, fits it perfectly so hopefully I won’t spend ages looking for the remote again when it disappears down the side of my black armchair :)

Got one of them in blue. They are very handy because the back of the remote can slide off easily, so it's that. Helps when you have kids around.

Need to buy two more Firesticks but afraid to pull the trigger because knowing my luck they will drop in price a few days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Prime Android TV apps works really well on firestick. Happy to have prime working on in instead of casting to Chromecast.

You'll need the tv account part. Only 7/32 games listed so far are live with only the PL pass.

PL pass was supposed to have 140 games this season(minimum 4 per team) that weren't shown on TV there, but with the way thing have gone not sure what's happening with it from now on
    So I need to pay for fubo tv on top of the premier league pass to get all the games?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Jofspring wrote: »
    Got one of them in blue. They are very handy because the back of the remote can slide off easily, so it's that. Helps when you have kids around.

Need to buy two more Firesticks but afraid to pull the trigger because knowing my luck they will drop in price a few days later.
    We are due a prime day

So I need to pay for fubo tv on top of the premier league pass to get all the games?

I'm not paying for Fubo I just created a fake fubo tv log in account and that was adequate

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

twirlagig wrote: »

#Aliexpress € 0,79 28%OFF | Protective Cover For Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K TV Remote Silicone Luminous All Compatible Smart Accessories Shockproof Case
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_d63dI6O

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭masterboy123

How many weeks to get it delivered please?
    odddavey wrote: »
    #Aliexpress € 0,79 28%OFF | Protective Cover For Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K TV Remote Silicone Luminous All Compatible Smart Accessories Shockproof Case
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_d63dI6O

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

How many weeks to get it delivered please?
    28 days plus, I'm in no rush

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Has anyone been having trouble with the Channel 5 app? When I go to watch a program it'll play the adverts as normal, it tries to play the program but then just ends back at the episode selection menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Has anyone been having trouble with the Channel 5 app? When I go to watch a program it'll play the adverts as normal, it tries to play the program but then just ends back at the episode selection menu.

No issues here.

• Advertisement

that's my understanding of it, otherwise it's free access to live sport but IrishHomer say just an account is working, though he previously had an active fubo sub. So don't pay anything extra yet.
    i'm going to wait until wednesday & try with the login or a free trial from either fubo, hulu etc.

if you've an account setup already, try to watch something live on the app from either nbcsn or nbc.

here the list of fixtures on each channel/service. only 7/32 with gold
    https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/06/12/nbc-sports-premier-league-schedule-released/

you know it's geolocked?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement