Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo - New MVNO on eir Network

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

advertsfox wrote: »
    Waiting on the port to happen, be nice to be back on the true Meteor network again as its where I got my best experience. I'm with Eir now but it was never as good speeds. Virgin was awful, Vodafone are too expensive (with terrible support) so this should be great for me.
    Onto support this morning, port still hasn't went through. The agent asked me to do it again as "there was an issue yesterday on our end with porting I do apologise" so lets see - I'm with Eir (no contract, SIM only) so should be very quick to happen. UPDATE: Port has happened, a massive speed increase for me. At home I used to get 4G speed tests of 3-5MB... now I get 30MB with only 50% signal. Looking forward to testing this in Dublin City.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Phaedrus1

I was ported to an incorrect number FOUR days ago and it's impossible to get to contact them to sort it - FOUR days without my phone because of the really awful / NON EXISTANT support from GoMO in the true tradition of Eir.

Worse than Eir - who could have imagined that ??????

****Be warned **** - if it works you MAY be ok - if not its a nightmare ! They are absolutely useless. **** NO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER. ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

advertsfox wrote: »
    Onto support this morning, port still hasn't went through. The agent asked me to do it again as "there was an issue yesterday on our end with porting I do apologise" so lets see - I'm with Eir (no contract, SIM only) so should be very quick to happen. UPDATE: Port has happened, a massive speed increase for me. At home I used to get 4G speed tests of 3-5MB... now I get 30MB with only 50% signal. Looking forward to testing this in Dublin City.

How did you manage to do it again? My port never went through after 24 hrs , agent asked me to cancel and reschedule it however when I tried to do that the system said ‘your details have already been captured and port is in progress”.
    Don’t know what to do.
    Support are utterly incompetent and haven’t the vaguest idea beyond telling you to wait another 24hrs or turn off and on your phone.

I’ve complained and gotten a ref number which I’ve passed to comreg. This crowd really shouldn’t have been given a licence.

Also both parents ports have been messed up for the last two days. They really are hopeless. You’re taking a genuine risk I’d say of about 20-30% of being without the use of your phone for several days with no support if you move to this company. Expecting there to be reports on the usual consumer radio segments from next week on about them. Had a quick look at Twitter and hundreds of people are in the same position with no replies from support.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Phaedrus1

It must surely be illegal for GoMo to take peoples money, disconnect their phone service , and then go into hiding ?

I'm going to ask Comreg - its disgraceful what GoMo are doing leaving people without the phone service that they have paid for FOR DAYS !!!

Eir should be take to task for being allowed to set up such a shambles of an outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ddub11

Thinking of taking up this deal,is it unlimited texts/calls to any network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ddub11 wrote: »
    Thinking of taking up this deal,is it unlimited texts/calls to any network?
    GoMo.ie

How did you manage to do it again? My port never went through after 24 hrs , agent asked me to cancel and reschedule it however when I tried to do that the system said ‘your details have already been captured and port is in progress”.
    Don’t know what to do.
    Support are utterly incompetent and haven’t the vaguest idea beyond telling you to wait another 24hrs or turn off and on your phone.
    Have you tried to port to anyone else recently? My issue was that an attempted port over a month ago by myself to Vodafone (which didn't go through due to a mistake on my end) showed still in progress in the porting system. They escalated it for me since it was over 24 hourss, got it cleared and reinitialised and 15 minutes later, I lost signal and my port was complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Silvermac

Caught up in this porting debacle as well. Terrible service. I'm pulling my hair out. 4 days in. No port. Did anyone manage to get ANY number to contact these gob****es?
    Venting through a request form is just not cutting it. I need to roar down the phone to someone.

Silvermac wrote: »
    Caught up in this porting debacle as well. Terrible service. I'm pulling my hair out. 4 days in. No port. Did anyone manage to get ANY number to contact these gob****es?
    Venting through a request form is just not cutting it. I need to roar down the phone to someone.
    It should be quick, there will be a reason for it not to happen (wrong AC, wrong port account type, contract etc.) but if you go here, the chat box is an option on the right hand side (blue and yellow box).

https://shop.gomo.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Service providers must LOVE you! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

It's very easy to reshedule a port...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I’m still waiting for my sim 8 days later. Hurry up! I’m using this purely for the tablet in my car for streaming music and maps. It’s worth a tener alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,403 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Got my first bill this morning, €9.99 as expected, but they have the usage period down as from October 1st to 31st, surely that can't be right as they didn't exist until mid way through October right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Anyone manage to get the app to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

What app ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anyone manage to get the app to work?

They don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

CVB wrote: »
    What app ?

The gomo app is in the play store? Unless it is for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There's a few gomo around the world

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sideline warrior

Very bad experience so far. Received SIM week before last and set-up port for last Saturday. Put in new SIM but number didn't port. I inserted my old sim (from Eir) but it was no longer working. Thought it might just take some time but 24 hours later my old Eir number hadn't ported but the new Go Mo number was working and had data etc. Sent them a webmail and then started a webchat as follows.

[2:39:04 PM]
    Hey! Thanks for getting in touch. My name is Matthew. How can I help?
    You

[2:41:02 PM]
    Hi Matthew. I ported my existing mumber over 24 hours ago but it doesn't appear to have ported as the Go Mo 085 number still appears when I ring people.
    Mathew

[2:41:50 PM]
    Could I ask you for your Order Number, Mobile Number, Full Name, DOB and Address please? And I can look into that for you.
    You

[2:42:16 PM]
    Order ID: #:GMNZM76C
    You

[2:42:50 PM]
    No to be ported 086 6XXXXXXXX, DXXXX NXXXXXXX May XX XXXX, Address XXXXXXXXXXX
    Mathew

[2:44:26 PM]
    Thanks XXXXX, one moment please and I'll have a look for you.
    Mathew

[2:45:56 PM]
    David do you mind confirming what pin & puk code appear on the GoMo SIM pack you received?
    You

[2:48:38 PM]
    The PIN & PUK I received are PIN 6*** and PUK 3*****. However if I look at my a/c online the PIN is 0*** and the PUK is 8*****. Also the number on the pack is 085 264XXXX but previously 085 262XXXX was assigned to my account during the order process
    Mathew

[2:53:10 PM]
    I see, if that's the case I'll have to send you a replacement SIM card, once we replace it you'll have to contact us so we can activate it, the new SIM will then have your own phone number ported to it.
    You

[2:55:04 PM]
    Can you not assign to my old number to the SIM card I have received? Otherwise my old number that I need ported will be not in use for a number of days, which is a big problem.
    Mathew

[2:58:24 PM]
    Can you just bare with me a moment XXXXX please, sorry now.
    Mathew

[3:03:28 PM]
    Okay, so I am very sorry but there has been a mix up with our delivery service, and the only option is for you is for us to send a SIM replacement. We can't assign your old number to the SIM you have received.
    You

[3:05:40 PM]
    1. This is not great. Can you please prioritise a new SIM for me as I need my existing number back up & running asap.
    Mathew

[3:06:40 PM]
    I know it is not ideal at all. I honestly am very sorry for the hassle of this. Yes you will be sent a replacement one ASAP.
    Representative Mathew has left the session
    Chat session ended

So basically they appear to have sent me the wrong SIM and my old number has probably ported across to a SIM that I never received. Since then I have received a couple of emails asking me about my query but no further response from them despite me sending more emails and not being able to speak to anyone on webchat. It's now almost a week since my number should have ported and no replacement SIM to be seen. Then today the Go Mo 085 number on my phone changed number and I started getting texts from someone who thought they were sending texts to an 086 number, which were diverting to the newest Go Mo number on my phone. Another mail to Go Mo - no response and again unable to speak to webchat. So right now, my old number isn't working, the 085 Go Mo number I originally got from them seemed to change today and I don't have a clue where I stand. A complete & utter fXXX up. I'm just hoping that a replacement SIM will arrive soon and my old number will be able to be ported onto that.

Anyone have any hope for me??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Phaedrus1 wrote: »
    I was ported to an incorrect number FOUR days ago and it's impossible to get to contact them to sort it - FOUR days without my phone because of the really awful / NON EXISTANT support from GoMO in the true tradition of Eir.

Worse than Eir - who could have imagined that ??????

****Be warned **** - if it works you MAY be ok - if not its a nightmare ! They are absolutely useless. **** NO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER. ****

Careful now with that kind of talk in these parts. There's a pro gomo brigade here who are blind to the problems people are experiencing and telling us what do you expect for 9.99 and just to be patient. At the end of the day they have taken people's money and the arent providing a service they advertised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I'm with GoMo and I expect a regular mobile service from them. I do see a few people having difficulty but with 50k people porting in the last few weeks I would expect some difficulties. I'm sure if 50k ported to three or Vodafone you'd have problems. The unfortunate difference with GoMo is that it takes time to rectify the problem. You're 9.99 limits you to a very limited customer service. Almost 9pm now & I doubt I will have an answer to a problem till Monday afternoon. No shop to walk into tomorrow to hassle the staff.

I don't believe porting is any worse with GoMo than Vodafone. The difference is when you have a problem it will take longer to rectify on GoMo. In fairness to GoMo they don't make any secret of this fact. Once ported & up and running the coverage is the exact same as Eir (Meteor). Once up and running it is terrific value. A third of the price of most 30 day plans & offering 80 gigs of data! Terrific value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

As a follow on from the now closed thread in the BA forum, anyone who received a sim today actually got it working? There seem to be a few people who have the same problem - unactivated SIM. Mine is still showing no service after 10 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Paulzx

morgana wrote: »
    As a follow on from the now closed thread in the BA forum, anyone who received a sim today actually got it working? There seem to be a few people who have the same problem - unactivated SIM. Mine is still showing no service after 10 hours.

Mine was delivered today but wasn't showing on my account when i logged in. This evening it suddenly appeared in MyGomo and it seems to be working fine.

I have scheduled my port for after the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Is all the moaning about porting now shifted to this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

Just checked and it shows up in my account, and with a reboot on my phone too. Speeds so far on par with Tesco Mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Once ported & up and running the coverage is the exact same as Eir (Meteor). Once up and running it is terrific value. A third of the price of most 30 day plans & offering 80 gigs of data! Terrific value[/quote]

Yes once up and going is an appropriate statement. Yes great if it works I'm sure but data speeds are location dependent. Suppose it's not going to be suitable for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

morgana wrote: »

Same problem for me! My phone says "SIM not provisioned". SIM arrived today. 4 hours later, still not activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

byrnefm wrote: »
    Same problem for me! My phone says "SIM not provisioned". SIM arrived today. 4 hours later, still not activated.

Does your barcode say delivered on the AnPost site? If not GoMo wont have started the provisioning process.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭listermint

physioman wrote: »
    Once ported & up and running the coverage is the exact same as Eir (Meteor). Once up and running it is terrific value. A third of the price of most 30 day plans & offering 80 gigs of data! Terrific value

Yes once up and going is an appropriate statement. Yes great if it works I'm sure but data speeds are location dependent. Suppose it's not going to be suitable for everyone

Like any network in the country I suppose..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

physioman wrote:

Well let's be honest here. All data speeds on all providers are location dependent. Personally in my home Meteor /eir far outstrips all others. Vodafone, the biggest provider with the best coverage, doesn't actually work in my home. I've been with three for the last 10 years but no matter how I tried Vodafone won't work in my home

GoMo is a genuine network provider. It has the exact same coverage as Eir. The only difference, & its well advertised by GoMo, is that they have a very limited customer care service. The 10 or 20 euros you save each month isn't on lesser coverage. Its on less costumer care. They tell you this before you sign up. If this doesn't suit you then don't sign up.

I'm trying it. If I find customer service not good enough then I'll move to another company. I won't moan about the lack of service because I knew about it before I signed up

Advertisement