Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

Eurospar have cheap slabs at the moment. €28 for Carlsberg, €24 for Carling

http://www.eurospar.ie/component/offer/665/101/Off-Licence

I will be hitting up Euro Spar this evening!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Dunnes have litre bottles of Smirnoff for €25 and litre bottles of Paddy for €30.

Heineken 20x330ml bottles for €20
    Coors light 20x300ml bottles for €20
    Corona 12x355ml bottles for €16

• Any one spot any half decent offers on Bavaria? No where is doing it for a euro a can anymore from what I can see and I need to stock up big time for the summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Any offers on a nice New Zealand Marlborough? I see O'Brien's had Oyster Bay for €10 (from €14) for Mother's Day but the offer is over :( Very hard to buy a nice Marlborough SB for under €12

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pumbah

MammaZita wrote: »
    Any offers on a nice New Zealand Marlborough? I see O'Brien's had Oyster Bay for €10 (from €14) for Mother's Day but the offer is over :( Very hard to buy a nice Marlborough SB for under €12

SuperValu have Villa Maria for €10.49 with "Buy six get a further €10 deal off" bringing the price for six to just under €9 for a bottle :)
    Nicer than Oyster Bay IMO!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

pumbah wrote: »
    SuperValu have Villa Maria for €10.49 with "Buy six get a further €10 deal off" bringing the price for six to just under €9 for a bottle :)
    Nicer than Oyster Bay IMO!

Thank you for that!!

Not crazy about Oyster Bay either, but hard to get a reasonable Marlborough. Lidl do a very pleasant version as part of their Cimarosa range, but at €8.49 a bottle, it's never in stock for very long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Dunne's are still doing 18euro for 20 300ml of carlsberg, haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Tesco Merrion had 24 cans of Heineken and coors 24 for €28 and bottles 2 20 pack boxes for €35 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

collie0708 wrote: »
    Tesco Merrion had 24 cans of Heineken and coors 24 for €28 :-)

Yeah that's in the papers today, but not on their website, but they do have
    12 x 500ml Heineken, €15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭andrew1977

8 cans of guinness for 11 euro in Tesco, good value , cheapest price around for it in a good while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kevface91

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Dunne's are still doing 18euro for 20 300ml of carlsberg, haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else

actually Centra have carlsberg boxes for e15 if anyones interested! always happy to help ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Kevface91 wrote: »
    actually Centra have carlsberg boxes for e15 if anyones interested! always happy to help ;)
    Haha just spotted that yesterday, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I know this was mentioned already- 24 x 500ml Heineken is €28 in tesco. Get one of the lidl/aldi €10 vouchers from the paper and you can get 48 cans for €46 (tesco accept the vouchers)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭RayCon

10 X 500ml cans of Molson/Grolsch/San Muguel for €10 - Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

RayCon wrote: »
    10 X 500ml cans of Molson/Grolsch/San Muguel for €10 - Tesco.

is that all tesco's , :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Are Lidl still doing the sub €10 prices for 70cl bottles of spirits they were doing a few years back, like Rachmaninoff for €9.99? Or is the cheapest 70cl currently the Tesco white rum (€11.50)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭gazzer

Are Tesco doing the buy 6 bottles of wine get 25% off deal for this weekend? Couldnt see anything on their website? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

That San Miguel stuff is fairly rough for anyone who hasn't tried it.. They had it a few weeks ago for €1 a can..

Definitely go for Grolsch.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

Tescos in Drogheda are doing the 25% off 6 or more bottles of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭MoMo1987

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭gazzer

swampyk08 wrote: »
    Tescos in Drogheda are doing the 25% off 6 or more bottles of wine.

I will check the one here in Cavan after work so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kelko1916

gazzer wrote: »
    I will check the one here in Cavan after work so.

Or you might want to check ASDA in Enniskillen , 24 carlsberg cans for 11 pound .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

jaysus I only wish i could drink most of this stuff on offer
    its for nothing

feck you tiger ashai and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭omicron

Are Lidl still doing the sub €10 prices for 70cl bottles of spirits they were doing a few years back, like Rachmaninoff for €9.99? Or is the cheapest 70cl currently the Tesco white rum (€11.50)?

Not for years, rachmaninoff is 12.99.

As far as I can work out, the duty on a 70cl of 37.5% spirits is now €11.17, plus vat on the remainder. (http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/excise/duties/excise-duty-rates.html)

If this is right, then the actual cost of the 12.99 vodka is around €1.50?! Maybe my maths is wrong!

12.99-11.17= 1.82

(1.82/123)*100 = price before vat = €1.47.

Wait, so when I buy Tesco Rum (surprisingly good quality) for €11.69, they're literally making no profit at all? Wonder why they bother, an extra euro and people would still buy it...

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭omicron

Wait, so when I buy Tesco Rum (surprisingly good quality) for €11.69, they're literally making no profit at all? Wonder why they bother, an extra euro and people would still buy it...

Thats assuming my maths is right! I think that price is the same as it was before the last budget so maybe they had a lot of stock with duty paid and are still clearing it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

They'll get you on the coke or whatever it's gonna be mixed with

They'll get you on the coke or whatever it's gonna be mixed with

There's a €1 shop across the road from my tesco that does €1 for 2L coke / fanta ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

anywhere today at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

GY A1 wrote: »
    anywhere today at all

Road trip to NIRL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement