Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL espresso maker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Don't have one, but it's got the 15 bar pump pressure which would make it a half decent machine. I might get one for my holiday home, but if you want the best coffee machine it has to be a Gaggia.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SmandyMaguire

how much was a machine that takes beans cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

tintar wrote: »
    It looks very much like a DeLonghi machine, only much lower in price & I'm thinking of picking one up.

If anyone's bought one of these before, would you care to post your experience with it?

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20091203.p.Espresso_Cappuccino_Maker

Cheers!
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20091207.p.Christmas_Negligee-Set
    if she comes with it, its a Bargain!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

I have one of these for a year now (They must go in annual cycles) and find it excellent. Makes lovely coffee and for €50 its a steal. I don't use the milk frother however about getting a bad burn off it a while back.

I'm sure some of the more hardcore coffee affectandois will have issues with this, but as an entry level espresso maker this is as good as it gets, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4 redstarlet

Same as Euro Kraut above I got mine last year and it's the best thing I've bought in ages. The lidl espresso coffee in the black tin for €2 does me for the week. It's saved me a fortune over the year as I was a divil for the takeaway cappachino and it's as nice a coffee as you'll get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Do ye think there'll be any left when I call in on my way home from work???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ferret

Had two of these. First one was replaced after devloping a leak in the boiler. Excellent machine for light use.

The best value in bean to cup machines are Saeco (same company as Gaggia). You can pick up a Incanto for about €250. I use one at home and it uses about 1/2 kilo a week of Illy beans. I like my coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

redstarlet wrote: »
    Same as Euro Kraut above I got mine last year and it's the best thing I've bought in ages. The lidl espresso coffee in the black tin for €2 does me for the week. It's saved me a fortune over the year as I was a divil for the takeaway cappachino and it's as nice a coffee as you'll get!

+1 That coffee is very good for price (€1.80 I think) and it comes in a very handy tin that is great for storing other fanciers brands when it is empty.

I also find the coffee better than most takeways.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Block (8

ferret wrote: »
    Had two of these. First one was replaced after devloping a leak in the boiler. Excellent machine for light use.

The best value in bean to cup machines are Saeco (same company as Gaggia). You can pick up a Incanto for about €250. I use one at home and it uses about 1/2 kilo a week of Illy beans. I like my coffee.

There's one on ebay at the moment for an ok price

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SAECO-LAVAZZA-AMODO-MIO-ESPRESSO-COFFEE-MACHINE-NEW_W0QQitemZ220512707871QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCoffee_Machines_Makers?hash=item335794e51f

oops thats a pod coffee sorry!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭tintar

ferret wrote: »
    Had two of these. First one was replaced after devloping a leak in the boiler.

After how long did it fail, and did you replace the first one in warranty or buy a new one?

I'd like to know how LIDL/Silvercrest fares in after sales warranty for such machines.

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

It looks very much like a DeLonghi machine, only much lower in price & I'm thinking of picking one up.

If anyone's bought one of these before, would you care to post your experience with it?

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20091203.p.Espresso_Cappuccino_Maker

Cheers!

I might just chance it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Is this just for making espressos and cappuccinos?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    Is this just for making espressos and cappuccinos?

yes, i guess it can even be used as a hot water dispenser for tea! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Yittisay

nespresso are doing a sale on machines at the moment, think u get 50 euros a/c credit back when u buy a machine (in BT in Dublin & Cork). some are priced as low as 130 euros i think so works out reasonably cheap. i know some people think capsules are dear but vs coffee shop coffee they're excellent value (38c per capsule i think). coffee is a v good, they come in decent varieties (inc/ new ones a couple of which are excellent) and they're obviously v clean and easy to use. when i bought mine my arm was being slightly twisted but nearly 3yrs later im delighted with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ferret

Replaced under warranty.

I phoned up the aftersales in UK (DeLongi) and all I had to do was post them the silver serial number sticker from the bottom. A replacement arrived a few weeks later by courier. Only problem was the courier driver never called but when I followed up the afterrsales dept again they gave me a tracking number and It was sitting in the couriers depot.

All in all very hapy with the service

The bean to cup machine I have is this one http://www.coffeeitalia.ie/proddetail.php?prod=UU-C-S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

Just picked this up today and have finished my inaugural cup. Very impressed for the price and thought it did a better job than I have with my moka pot and frothing wand.:) Looking forward to many days of lattes.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

redalicat wrote: »
    Just picked this up today and have finished my inaugural cup. Very impressed for the price and thought it did a better job than I have with my moka pot and frothing wand.:) Looking forward to many days of lattes.

so you can make all types of coffees from this machine right?
    im very tempted

Well, it makes espresso which can then be used to make a cappuccino or a latte, etc. This one would not make regular drip/filter-style coffee.

Is there much of a clean up? Hassle?

colsku wrote: »
    Is there much of a clean up? Hassle?

No, I thought it was pretty easy to clean. The manual says it has to be descaled after something like 200 uses and to check nozzles for build up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Ended up gettin this, first cuppa out of it was nice.....

is it meant to be so noisy when the waters pouring out??

Are you sure the noise wasn't just your teeth jangling with the nerves of your first cup? You could have used some of the froth that came from your mouth too... But being serious, yeah my mate got one and it's pretty loud. I kinda like that sound though!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Got one of the Biffinett ones a while back, almost identical. It's ok and I used it for a while but the problem is basically the coffee holder thingy really isn't big enough. Like, it really is for making an espresso (one swigg!) only. To get a decent hit in a decent mug, I used to have to fill the thing 3 times with coffee.

Oh yeah, dont let it run out of water when it's making coffee - that could be the reason for all the noise!

The only sound I hear when the espresso's made is the motor, when priming it I can very faintly hear the water heating in the boiler.

Ensure the tank is topped up when making espresso, or the pump might spin too fast & burn out.

Slightly OT here, but whats the best water to use for the machine, tap water or bottled water?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

41-JOIOG9bL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This beans to cup machine is also good value at £268.83 (Irish VAT rate + super saver delivery) delivered from Amazon.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Simon201 wrote: »
    Got one of the Biffinett ones a while back, almost identical. It's ok and I used it for a while but the problem is basically the coffee holder thingy really isn't big enough. Like, it really is for making an espresso (one swigg!) only. To get a decent hit in a decent mug, I used to have to fill the thing 3 times with coffee.

Thats a triple espresso! Top up a single or double espresso with hot water to make an americano. A triple is a tad much to drink at one. But sure whatever you're into I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

The only sound I hear when the espresso's made is the motor, when priming it I can very faintly hear the water heating in the boiler.

Ensure the tank is topped up when making espresso, or the pump might spin too fast & burn out.

Slightly OT here, but whats the best water to use for the machine, tap water or bottled water?
    Cheers!
    I'd imagine bottled water has a higher mineral content. If your tap water isn't too hard, use it. Brita filters probably reduce limescale as well as improving taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mermaid91

On the box it mention that you can use pods with this machine - the ones in the picture look like round t-bags. Does anyone know where you can buy these?

Mermaid91 wrote: »
    On the box it mention that you can use pods with this machine - the ones in the picture look like round t-bags. Does anyone know where you can buy these?

They're Easy Serve Espresso (ESE) pods, Tesco stocks these. The packs at Tesco are quite small though & may not be as cost effective as freshly ground beans or a tin of Illy.

While in Amsterdam I noticed the supermarkets stocked large bulk buy sacks of ESE pods, haven't seen those here though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

Anyone know where I could get one of these? Sold out in Lidl Parnell Street and Thomas St...

Advertisement