Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gremlinertia's Grotto

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Black Swan wrote: »
    Oh... speaking of idiots, we are still having a severe toilet paper shortage across the pond. If these fools would just buy what they need and not hoard, the problem would go away.

Why?

Does bog roll have some mysterious healing power that is being hidden from us?

BTW, I have loads of it, tenner a roll plus shipping if interested.. wink wink.. :D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Steve wrote: »
    Why?

Does bog roll have some mysterious healing power that is being hidden from us?

BTW, I have loads of it, tenner a roll plus shipping if interested.. wink wink.. :D:D

The common story initially was that the whole thing started in Aus where they decided that all the bog roll was made in china (nope) and they bought up all the domestic stuff, videos went around on social media and it caught on from there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The common story initially was that the whole thing started in Aus where they decided that all the bog roll was made in china (nope) and they bought up all the domestic stuff, videos went around on social media and it caught on from there.

Yeah, some people are just nuts.

Probably started by the bog roll factory owner running around with a full trolley shouting 'the end is nigh' :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well it was bread here during the snow, now no problem getting that!.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I have alcohol, as you were.

• Advertisement

Ooh on a rollover Lith?. Giz a shot will ya?.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Well it was bread here during the snow, now no problem getting that!.

Bit of a flour shortage on the supermarket shelves, however.

Everyone decided to bake this time, it's mad lads :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've already made 2 loaves of banana bread, and have ingredients to do something nice with chocolate and beetroot. :D

Ooh on a rollover Lith?. Giz a shot will ya?.

Same bottle as yesterday...... Might as well have one.

• Advertisement

I've half a bottle of whiskey left, shocked i am!.

If survival depends on banana bread i'm a gonner :o

I've half a bottle of whiskey left, shocked i am!.

If survival depends on banana bread i'm a gonner :o

Here's to quarantine boozing, and waiting for this to blow over, and normal to resume, whatever the hell normal will be after this......

Everyone decided to bake this time, it's mad lads :pac:

It's either baking, or heads being shaved, what the hell is this tomfoolery.... TOMFOOLERY I TELLS YA.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Swanfoolery is worse. Oh, happy Sunny Day.

Taco tuesday Swannie, diy happening again this week?.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

How are ye lads?

Hey Paws, how are you getting on?.

Not too bad at all. Trying to keep myself occupied with various things. Yourself? Are you working?

|Yup working, we are adapting into ventilator building so all hands on deck..

Scary times. Hope you're keeping safe though.

• Advertisement

Glad we're doing something decent though.. Keeping myself as safe as possible can

Exactly. Anyone working in these times is a hero as far as I'm concerned.

That's all you can do. I'm trying to keep safe and entertained lol

I'm spitting feathers though that some people are basically forced to work when their job should be closed, it's terrible for some people..

Yeah I've seen a few cases like that. Ridiculous.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Donut shop = essential.
    Happy to be making a paycheck, but why am I seeing people roll through with the whole family in the car? What part of pandemic did you misunderstand? Was it the part where, this could kill a whole fcukton of people? Maybe the part where your little angels are basically first class transport for the virus that is burning it's way across the planet? Stay the fcuk home unless you are an essential employee somewhere, or you are making a grocery run! A daily run for donut holes is not essential, now fcuk off and sanitize yourselves and your little viral bombs before you kill somebody!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Essential donuts! Who would have thought...?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Black Swan wrote: »
    Essential donuts! Who would have thought...?

Only in a country with the highest child obesity rates in history

It's bizarre what's considered essential, more greed driven than anything

It's bizarre what's considered essential, more greed driven than anything

According to my boss we are essential for a very good reason. We provide a service for the frontline defenders against the mexican beer virus.

• Advertisement

I was just thinkin about a few places here where a few hundred work producing clothes and utensils wondering why they would still have to work.. Its horrible that those people have no choice but to go in..

Advertisement