Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Nobody compared it to Denmans hennessey. Harvey said it was as good a handicap performance "since" Denman, now Harvey may be a clown but that is not someone making a comparison.

His exact words were ‘almost like Denman in the Hennessy’.

I switched off after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AnniePowwa

Don't forget West approach is a boat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I think Frodon is a decent graded horsie who would deserve his place in a Gold Cup. I don't think he is good enough to win it, but who knows? I think they possibly missed their trick the year he won the Ryanair as he was tough andd winning lots of races then, the fact that he couldn't follow up last year is telling.

French Breds tend to spit the dummy earlier as they start out jumping fences in France as 2 yr olds. Frodon's daddy was a monster in the mud I remember him winning 2 mile chases in Leopardstown by a furlong, no exaggeration.

Let ITV andd the Brits do all the spoofing they need to, if anything it will add a couple of points to whatever you are on and quite frankly if they plunge Frodon into 9/2 in March I would be delighted, I think he needs to improve a good 10 lbs to be involved, but , if anyone can squeeze that out it is Paul Nicholls. I doubt it however and there is simply better horsies out there.

For me it was great to see the jumpers back and I looking forward to Aintree today it has been a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

There is some miserable so called racing fans here , Forgetting itv and all that, Frodons jumping and performance with that weight was outstanding and got the jumps season off to a flyer . There have been horses talked up here that will never get near winning a handicap around Cheltenham of 164 .. He probably won’t win the gold cup , but that doesn’t detract from yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Yeah sure you don't have to watch the discussion/parade afterwards.
    I watched a brilliant front-running performance off top weight and turned it off after the race. Simples :)

• Advertisement

Some great tipping by Francie Barrett picking that Mac Swiney at an excellent price. On another day I would have been pi55ed off I didn't back him, on account of having recorded "74 Days: The Hunger Strike of Terence Mac Swiney" on RTE1 on Wednesday (but not watched it yet).

Luckily enough I'd have no way of backing him as shops closed, so that's a relief :pac:

Bryony and Frodon talk would annoy the majority of punters - rubbish talk. The "man/woman in the street" couldn't pick Bryony out of a line-up, and yet they rave as if she's the jumps equivalent of Frankie.

Anyway, concentrating on events today ACEY MILAN in the 2.32 Aintree must be fancied to go well. Been well backed all morning into a best priced 13/2. First run in a chase, and he takes his chance in a Class3 Novices Ltd H'cap chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

The Mig wrote: »
    His exact words were ‘almost like Denman in the Hennessy’.

I switched off after that

Says more about you that it does about ITV to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Toetohand

Some great tipping by Francie Barrett picking that Mac Swiney at an excellent price. On another day I would have been pi55ed off I didn't back him, on account of having recorded "74 Days: The Hunger Strike of Terence Mac Swiney" on RTE1 on Wednesday (but not watched it yet).

Luckily enough I'd have no way of backing him as shops closed, so that's a relief :pac:

Bryony and Frodon talk would annoy the majority of punters - rubbish talk. The "man/woman in the street" couldn't pick Bryony out of a line-up, and yet they rave as if she's the jumps equivalent of Frankie.

Anyway, concentrating on events today ACEY MILAN in the 2.32 Aintree must be fancied to go well. Been well backed all morning into a best priced 13/2. First run in a chase, and he takes his chance in a Class3 Novices Ltd H'cap chase.

Great call

Toetohand wrote: »
    Great call

Ta Toetohand... If ya checked the greyhound/betting thread I put it up yesterday evening when it was 12s... Nice to pick one every now and then, even if I can't back it as bookies closed :pac:

Advertisement