Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irelands Eye Overnight Camping

• 14-07-2019 12:48am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭

I was out on Howth Pier today and saw the boats going to Irelands Eye. Could you camp there overnight ? I was thinking of going out next month with my son, pitching a tent, cooking some food and coming back the next day. Whats the worst that could happen lol ! Has anyone ever done it ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Wtf ? wrote: »
    I was out on Howth Pier today and saw the boats going to Irelands Eye. Could you camp there overnight ? I was thinking of going out next month with my son, pitching a tent, cooking some food and coming back the next day. Whats the worst that could happen lol ! Has anyone ever done it ? Thanks

As long as you're keeping it simple and no big fires etc I can't see you having any bother from people but there a lot of nesting birds on it so you may well suffer the wrath of some seagulls if you're not careful. :eek: I would say it has a special protection act in place similar to dalkey island that prohibits camping but you'll have less eyes watching on Ireland eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,586 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Careful the weather doesn't change and you end up being stuck there for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,053 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a rather large rat population on the island, not sure if they would try to get in to your tent or not.

You can climb in to the tower, if it was me I'd set up camp within the tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭W1ll1s

Camped there and in the tower lots back in the 80s (own boat), no hassle from rats or having a campfire or anything else back then, a handy island for an adventure.

Advertisement