Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pumps.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Del2005 wrote: »
    The 10 cent jumps was a problem on the App which has been fixed, next time they are entered they will be correct. Haven't tried to input prices so can't mention the time out.

All seems good now. Inputted petrol prices this morning without a hitch. Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Del2005 wrote:
    Where's their App? I checked the play store and their website and can't find it

That's strange, it does seem to have disappeared from the play store and I don't see it mentioned on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Simona1986 wrote: »
    That's strange, it does seem to have disappeared from the play store and I don't see it mentioned on their site

There's a link to it Earlier in This thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭deezell

mikeecho wrote: »
    There's a link to it Earlier in This thread

I have to say it's great to have it, it's missing a few of the well known discount stations, Go in Ballyer, Ushers Island, the Diesel only one in Ballsbridge, but plenty of the other known cost cutters, Enfield, Newbridge, Mountbrown and others. All reasonably up to date too.
    Who updates this?

deezell wrote: »
    I have to say it's great to have it, it's missing a few of the well known discount stations, Go in Ballyer, Ushers Island, the Diesel only one in Ballsbridge, but plenty of the other known cost cutters, Enfield, Newbridge, Mountbrown and others. All reasonably up to date too.
    Who updates this?

It's updated by Applegreen staff.
    They update their own price, and that of neighboring stations.

• Advertisement

mikeecho wrote: »
    It's updated by Applegreen staff.
    They update their own price, and that of neighboring stations.

Well, how very nice of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Was there ever an IOS equivalent of the Applegreen app?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jimbojimbo

Yes, but it hasn't worked for a good while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Anyone got the price of the fuel in Go Kyle more rd

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Waze app is probably the best option for getting fuel prices.
    Once you have logged 180km(I think) driving you can update fuel prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I find the Waze app great, I know its very storage heavy on some phones and people don't want these things on the phone that are using potential photo storage,i use it when i can and find it great for gas and Traffic. Great if it caught on.

horse7 wrote: »

133.9 for diesel last week, 143.9 I think for has

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    I find the Waze app great, I know its very storage heavy on some phones and people don't want these things on the phone that are using potential photo storage,i use it when i can and find it great for gas and Traffic. Great if it caught on.

It's great, once you build up the KM you dont really need to have it open too often.I only really use it for petrol prices.

horse7 wrote: »

Updated today on Waze.
    145.90 Petrol
    132.90 Diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

yabadabado wrote: »

I did 1500km on it in a week and it still kept telling me I needed to do 180km. That bug was one of the main reasons I dumped it the first time around and they still haven't fixed it across the board.

I did 1500km on it in a week and it still kept telling me I needed to do 180km. That bug was one of the main reasons I dumped it the first time around and they still haven't fixed it across the board.

Did you link the app to the website with your email address ?

I think that is the issue ,similar happened me but once I linked them I got access within a day or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Thanks, its 1.48€ in apple clonsilla rd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

It's 160 km.
    Bummer1234 wrote: »
    I find the Waze app great, I know its very storage heavy on some phones...
    I don't know where you got that from, it's using about 250 MB on my phone, a third of what Google Maps uses. Very typical amount of usage for such an app.
    You need to have registered your account with an email address, and it may take a week for your status to update after registering: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/9333101?hl=en&ref_topic=6263925
    The delay is probably there for a reason (discourage bot/spam accounts, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

It's 160 km.

I don't know where you got that from, it's using about 250 MB on my phone, a third of what Google Maps uses. Very typical amount of usage for such an app.

You need to have registered your account with an email address, and it may take a week for your status to update after registering: https://support.google.com/waze/answer/9333101?hl=en&ref_topic=6263925
    The delay is probably there for a reason (discourage bot/spam accounts, etc.).

I have just come across this forum and like all of I found pumps.ie invaluable and miss it greatly
    I am an iOS user, is the apple green app available in iOS App Store?
    I don’t understand this waze thing, can someone tellmewhats the best solution to pumps.ie
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭robert muldoon

I was going thru Ballon co Carlow last night and saw 131.9 for diesel at a Texaco station, thtsthe cheapest I’ve seeen around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I was going thru Ballon co Carlow last night and saw 131.9 for diesel at a Texaco station, thtsthe cheapest I’ve seeen around

Nolan's always is. They're very good for pricing.

I have just come across this forum and like all of I found pumps.ie invaluable and miss it greatly
    I am an iOS user, is the apple green app available in iOS App Store?
    I don’t understand this waze thing, can someone tellmewhats the best solution to pumps.ie
    Thanks

Waze is very easy to use. Download the app and input your details (email address) .You need to drive 160km and have the app record it before you can start using the petrol prices part.
    Before you start a drive just open the app and leave it on while you drive to record the km ,no need for it to be giving you directions. Once you have gotten 160km ,you wont need to do this.

Once you have got 160m ,you can use the search button to find stations/prices and to update prices(you need to be at the station to update ).

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

There has been a substantial decrease in crude oil price over the last few weeks, hopefully we will see a decrease at the pump soon.

@Robert Muldoon - there apparently was an IOS Applegreen app at some point but I don't believe it works any longer, feel free to see if you can find it. I resurrected an old android phone and put the app on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

You need to drive 160km and have the app record it before you can start using the petrol prices part.

Just to clarify - you can check fuel prices when you start using the app, it's only if you want to submit fuel price updates that you need to have driven 160 km.

Instructions for submitting reports are here:
    https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6262574?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

How do you know the fuel be pumped out is inline with what the meter is telling you ? How often do pump testers go around checking the accuracy? Once a year? I reckon most or all stations don't bother to adjust the amount of fuel dispensed within a 5c tolerance. So driving half way across the city to get fuel 3 or 4 cent cheaper will make shag all differance.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

How do you know the fuel be pumped out is inline with what the meter is telling you ? How often do pump testers go around checking the accuracy? Once a year? I reckon most or all stations don't bother to adjust the amount of fuel dispensed within a 5c tolerance. So driving half way across the city to get fuel 3 or 4 cent cheaper will make shag all differance.

Pumps are regulate by weights and measures, if you think they are incorrect then report and they will check.

It's not worth driving off route for cheaper fuel. You will maybe safe a Euro but spend more than that driving, in time and added fuel.

NSAI legal metrology service looks after pumps calibration. They are accurate to +1 to -0.5 %, so the most you will lose is about 0.7 cent on a litre, you stand to gain 1.4 cent using €1.40 As a price. They are more than happy to receive calls of suspected short measures. I reported a dodgy operator maybe 10 or 15 years ago, when a fill while well in reserve took several litres more than it had in previous occasions. Buyer beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

I suppose we still have this.....

https://www.theaa.ie/aa/motoring-advice/petrol-prices.aspx

Can anyone say how posts to Waze compare in number to Pumps.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dr.TV

Just to let you know I emailed the owner of pumps.ie in and i got this reply on 29th April:
    Hi,
    The owner of the site is working on a backend upgrade required by the hosting platform.
    This is in work, once complete the app will be back online.
    Not able to monitor this address regularly but will check in more often

Been 2 months since so not sure if that's still the case. i still open the app every so often, its started crashing with the latest S9 update.

(Only seeing the thread now, sorry :) )

• Advertisement

Dr.TV wrote: »
    Just to let you know I emailed the owner of pumps.ie in and i got this reply on 29th April:
    Hi,
    The owner of the site is working on a backend upgrade required by the hosting platform.
    This is in work, once complete the app will be back online.
    Not able to monitor this address regularly but will check in more often

Been 2 months since so not sure if that's still the case. i still open the app every so often, its started crashing with the latest S9 update.

(Only seeing the thread now, sorry :) )

That's seems to me good news... I hope.

The app doesn't crash on my sgs6 or oneplus6t , it simply says that my watchlist is empty, or no nearby stations found.

I just don't find Waze as good. .. too few users, and not as user friendly for checking prices.

Advertisement