Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nascar 2019/2020

• 10-02-2019 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,326 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody follow this. I've been a huge fan for years.
    There is a race tonight it's the Advance auto parts clash at Daytona.
    The big one is next weekend, that's the Daytona 500.

Anyways a lot of changes this year, very hard to pick a winner of the Championship. I think we'll have an idea of the contenders after Texas in a few weeks.
    One of the surprise changes is Chad Knaus moving away from Jimmy Johnson after 17 seasons and multiple titles as his crew chief. He is still with Hendrick Motorsports and has become crew chief for William Byron, a 21 year old who was Nascar rookie of the year rookie of the year in 2018.
    2017 champ Martin Truex jnr. has joined Joe Gibbs racing as his team decided to get out of Nascar.
    Kurt Busch lost his spot with Stewart-Haas racing and has joined Chip Ganassi racing.
    Daniel Suarez is the new driver in the no.41 replacing Busch.
    There have been lots of changes but they're the biggest.
    I'm hoping one of Kevin Harvick or Chase Elliott wins the title this season.
    I think Joey Logano is the man tonight.
    Next weekend I'd love to see Aric Almirola win the big one after he lost out in a crash on the final lap 12 months ago.
    Anyways hopefully there are a few followers of the sport on here and we can chat about it as the season progresses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,572 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'll be rooting for Kyle Busch again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Chase Elliott is my driver to follow, then Almirola.

The cars are looking a little different this year, longer/ smoother line of the roof leading to the trunk!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,326 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

So Jimmie Johnson causes a pile up, race doesn't restart and he gets the win to break his long run without a win.
    It's not a points race but it was a good day for the two great men that used to work together. Johnson won the race and Knaus and his new driver William Byron wins the pole for the Daytona 500.

Major wreck starting with 95 and 21. And the rest follows. Bit of a shame for DiBenedetto.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Knew Menard would be the cause of a wreck.

Hoping for a KB win, but he usually gets wrecked near the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Odelay

Any links? Sleepless night here and would like to see it.

It's on eir sport 2. Surely you have eir broadband and have free eir sports?¡!

It'll be an interesting last 10 laps with 18 cars out of it in the last wreck.

Denny Hamlin. Got his name from a packet of rashers ;)

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Denny Hamlin. Got his name from a packet of rashers ;)

Which came first

The Denny Ham or the Denny Hamlin

I love these races that start during the day and finish in night time.

• Advertisement

Caution leads to a caution which leads to another caution

What's new

Head says Logano wins it, he has the quickest car

Really want KB to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

There will be no one left by the time this destruction derby ends, I just hope a Joe Gibbs Racing driver wins.

I chatted with Denny Hamlin's mother on twitter a few years back, she told me their Irish ancestry is from Cork.

Overtime, and ready for a green, white, checker!

As long as Joey Logano doesn't win it. Can't stand him.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Overtime, and ready for a green, white, checker!

As long as Joey Logano doesn't win it. Can't stand him.

I don't care for Keselowski either.

Wonder if KB will ever win the 500 at this rate

JGR with a 1, 2, 3 finish, perfect.

Backed Erik Jones each way so happy with that.
    Not happy about Hamlin winning though, really don't like the guy. Thought Jimmie Johnson was terribly unlucky. He was right in it untill getting hit on pit road. He still finished top ten I think.

Tonight's race at Atlanta motor speedway is running now on Freesports, Freesat channel 252 or sky 429. In SD though.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Tonight's race at Atlanta motor speedway is running now on Freesports, Freesat channel 252 or sky 429. In SD though.

Never noticed that channel before.

Is this permanent going forward do you know

• Advertisement

Freesport is part of the Premier Sports group. Premier sports is usually delivered on Eir Sport 2. I've no idea why it was that way around, but I'm happy enough to have something to watch on s Sunday evening.

Next week it'll be on Premier Sports 2, but the eir listing for eir 2 isn't up just yet.

Excellent race tonight. Very few cautions, lots of different leaders. Looked like it was Larson's race until his put road speeding, looked like Harvick might be the man early on, then Truex, then Blaney but Keselowski played a patient game and won out although it looked a little shaky over the last few laps and Truex got close at the finish.

Race on TV tonight? Can't seem to find it on the planner

I don't see it listed and it starts at 8.30pm.

Edit: Premier Sports 2 channel has it which I don't think eir re-broadcasts (PS1 is usually what's shown on Eir Sport 2). I even had a look at Freesports but it's not on there either.

Anyone know how to get Premier Sports 2?!

Rossi IRL wrote:
    Race on TV tonight? Can't seem to find it on the planner
    Eir sports 2/Premier Sports 2 I believe.

I fancy Kyle Larson tonight. If you can hug the wall it helps a lot on this track and there's nobody better than him at that.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Eir sports 2/Premier Sports 2 I believe.

I fancy Kyle Larson tonight. If you can hug the wall it helps a lot on this track and there's nobody better than him at that.

Eir Sport 2 showing Napoli vs Juventus

Wonder if Eir getting to show the Seria A since Elevin lost the rights a few weeks back will be bad news for us Nascar fans.

I'm lucky because I have Premier Sports and Fox.
    Feel sorry for all you guys stuck without the Nascar.

Nice win for Logano. One-two for team Penske. They seem a bit ahead of the rest right now.
    Both of them in the playoffs already. I don't think it'll be too long before Harvick gets his first win. Kyle Busch drove so well going for the weekend treble, he won the truck race and the Xfinity race, but I think Toyota are a little behind Ford at the moment. The Chevys are really struggling again this year.

Yeah, Ford are a bit quicker than Toyota but I'm not hugely concerned by it.

I want Kyle Busch to start winning this weekend at Phoenix and getting on a roll.

I think he and Truex will be the only Toyota contenders for the championship too.

• Advertisement

It'll be hard to beat Harvick in Phoenix. He has won four of the last five there.

Advertisement