Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rudolph Day

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

It will have all kicked off by this time next month

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Couldnt resist breaking out the santa socks today!!! :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Couldnt resist breaking out the santa socks today!!! :D

Snap!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Tomorrow is the first Rudolph Day of the year, guys !
    Any special plans ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

otnomart wrote: »
    Tomorrow is the first Rudolph Day of the year, guys !
    Any special plans ?

Nothing planned at all. I think wearing a set of Christmas socks is in order!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    Nothing planned at all. I think wearing a set of Christmas socks is in order!

Ditto! Already have them laid out with the rest of my work clothes for tomorrow.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh good idea, I'll get out my Christmas socks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,019 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've worn Christmas socks most days in January!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Burns night tomorrow.
    Always the first Rudolph Day, 25th January.
    Birthday of Scotland's national poet, Robbie Burns.
    He wrote Auld Lang Syne!
    (and lots of other famous poems and songs)

A day to celebrate all things Scottish, including winter and whisky. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Not planning on doing anything but am very thankful that this January flew by unlike January last year!
    What was up with that? :)

• Advertisement

2ywxo3l.jpg

Let’s go! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Ah I completely forgot until I looked at the date now that today was rudolph day - so no Christmas socks on. But I might watch a Christmas movie later and tie it in with a wee dram of whiskey to celebrate Burns night.

Happy Rudolph Day !
    Christmassy and Scottish touch for me: a piece of shortbread for breakfast

Happy belated Rudolph Day! I was working yesterday and barely had time for lunch, and was out at a party after work, so decided to celebrate Saturday instead.

I had turkey and ham and trifle in honour of Rudolph Day today. And I am wearing my brussels sprout socks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Is it Rudolph day yet? I don't want to miss it this month!

also......what does one do on Rudolph Day?

Posy wrote: »
    Happy belated Rudolph Day! I was working yesterday and barely had time for lunch, and was out at a party after work, so decided to celebrate Saturday instead.

I had turkey and ham and trifle in honour of Rudolph Day today. And I am wearing my brussels sprout socks. :)

:eek: You have wha??? Brussell Sprout Socks, you say?! :eek: You are too cool for vegetarian school, Miss Posy! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Is it Rudolph day yet? I don't want to miss it this month!

also......what does one do on Rudolph Day?

Is on Monday.

I believe you do something Christmasy, however I'm sure someone more informed can correct me.

Am going to try to remember to wear the Christmas boxers as forgot to keep any Christmas socks down.

This rudolph day is an easy one for me to remember, it clashes with my birthday!! Will be proudly sporting rudolph socks to work, which is pretty much the norm for me every 25th of the month!!

DvB wrote: »
    This rudolph day is an easy one for me to remember, it clashes with my birthday!! Will be proudly sporting rudolph socks to work, which is pretty much the norm for me every 25th of the month!!

Many happy returns (in advance).

TRS30 wrote: »
    Many happy returns (in advance).

TYVM.

IIRC there's another regular on here that has their birthday the same day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

DvB wrote:
    IIRC there's another regular on here that has their birthday the same day...

That's me DvB! Happy Birthday in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Happy birthday DvB!

The wee elf has decided that she will be yapping all night so we have nothing planned for Rudolph day due to fatigue.

Happy Rudolph day everyone.

Remembered the Rudolph boxers this morning so feeling all Christmasy :)

Only 9 more Rudolph days till the big one!

Happy Rudolph day all!!
    Wearing a pair of crimbo socks & have a turkey & stuffing sandwich with me for lunch :D

Happy Birthday to DvB and Shadow1983 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

May have a sneaky hot chocolate. Just don't mention it on the Christmas cracker thread

Still ploughing through a huge pack of Rudolph paper napkins (waiting to break open the pack with the Easter bunny)
    Have a good one, Elves !

Happy Rudolph day, guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I forgot about Rudolph day! I have Santy socks on today though to make up for it! :D

• Advertisement

I missed Rudolph day again :o ......but it's not like I have any socks to celebrate anyway. :/

Advertisement