Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Ipsos is really pissing me off, it takes ages to make anything. I'm concentrating on valued opinions and swagbucks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Ipsos is really pissing me off, it takes ages to make anything. I'm concentrating on valued opinions and swagbucks now.

You're obviously in the UK for those sites. I found Swagbucks too quick to throw you out of surveys and too slow to accumulate any value.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

tgdaly wrote: »
    How often do Red C polls be sent out? I signed up to red c polls but didn't get any confirmation email, is that normal?

Very erratic frequency and if you're in a high representation demographic (25-44, female particularly) you may get very few. Still 50-100 a year is a normal enough payout rate for them if you do surveys early after the invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

L1011 wrote: »
    Very erratic frequency and if you're in a high representation demographic (25-44, female particularly) you may get very few. Still 50-100 a year is a normal enough payout rate for them if you do surveys early after the invite.

Thanks for the response. What would be the best survey site to sign up to to make a small few bob every month?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

RedC are the only one of any scale that pay cash. There are others that do paypal etc but there is nowhere that'll give you consistent cash payouts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Thanks for the response. What would be the best survey site to sign up to to make a small few bob every month?

None will give a guaranteed payout every month, and the amount at which you can cash out varies. Your demographics will have an impact too. It's best to look at it as an annual amount rather than monthly. For instance I'd clear maybe €1000 in a good year but it's no way consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,178 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How often do Red C polls be sent out? I signed up to red c polls but didn't get any confirmation email, is that normal?

I get €50 off them ever 2 - 3 months!
    I might get a few surveys in a week and then nothing for a few weeks.
    If your new to them pay special attention to quality control questions. One's about the number of people in your household/what shape is this, ones saying tick a certain box, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

nothing from redC still. very poor customer service if they cant trace a cheque they claim was posted 2 months ago....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

You're obviously in the UK for those sites. I found Swagbucks too quick to throw you out of surveys and too slow to accumulate any value.

SB is alright to accrue about 50c per day purely off their watch videos lists, if you're sitting by the pc for most the day it's worth clicking on it just to build it up for a 5quid amazon voucher every second week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭bmc58

It was 505082 for me. I write the numbers down before I even click on the links these days. I've been keeping track of how many I actually qualify for, and how many pay out after that. I only end up completing about 1 in 10, and about a quarter of the points I earn don't credit. I use Lifepoints as a last resort at this stage.

Thanks for that Ace.But I got another e mail after I complained again to them about how hard it could be to check my survey record.They said they have "upgraded my complaint" to "upstairs" and are doing a survey audit.If found that I completed the survey my points will be added in a few weeks.So I will await their audit.I must start writing down the survey numbers myself as this is starting to happen a little too often for my liking.Missing €3 from RED C for a few weeks but as I have no survey number I couldn't be bothered going after that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

bmc58 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Ace.But I got another e mail after I complained again to them about how hard it could be to check my survey record.They said they have "upgraded my complaint" to "upstairs" and are doing a survey audit.If found that I completed the survey my points will be added in a few weeks.So I will await their audit.I must start writing down the survey numbers myself as this is starting to happen a little too often for my liking.Missing €3 from RED C for a few weeks but as I have no survey number I couldn't be bothered going after that one.

Well there was no reply to my ticket for that one. No reply to any of my recent (last two months) tickets at all! And now I'm having issues with "already started" links on my dashboard...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ballina1953

I m with red c for years
    find them very professional and easy to deal with
    entry question recently what animal makes a moo sound
    I answered quickly a cat
    felt a right donkey

Well there was no reply to my ticket for that one. No reply to any of my recent (last two months) tickets at all! And now I'm having issues with "already started" links on my dashboard...
    Sorry to hear that you have got no reply from Life points about your question.We are all at the mercy of these survey companies who pay little for our time and who can just not pay us our due rewards for any reason.I will let you know whenever I hear back from LP on my question.Dare I say Life Points are becoming a little like Irish Opinions.I hope not.

I m with red c for years
    find them very professional and easy to deal with
    entry question recently what animal makes a moo sound
    I answered quickly a cat
    felt a right donkey

Ha,ha,ha. I answered Sheep for Seagulls once.Felt a bit stupid myself then too.

Got my two Tesco gift cards from IO today after ordering on the 30/7/19.Almost eight weeks.But a thing I have noticed today on my Tesco voucher compared to others(I have three kept for Christmas and they all have a value of €10 on the bottom of the card) but the two I got today have no value on the cards.Is this strange?I am going to check in Tesco tomorrow what value is on these two gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

bmc58 wrote: »
    Got my two Tesco gift cards from IO today after ordering on the 30/7/19.Almost eight weeks.But a thing I have noticed today on my Tesco voucher compared to others(I have three kept for Christmas and they all have a value of €10 on the bottom of the card) but the two I got today have no value on the cards.Is this strange?I am going to check in Tesco tomorrow what value is on these two gift cards.

Same as bmc, was talking to one of the io crew and there seemed to a lot of problems on there end but sorted now, taught I'd lost them, let me know how you get on with tescos tomorrow, fingers crossed all be OK with cards.

Same as bmc, was talking to one of the io crew and there seemed to a lot of problems on there end but sorted now, taught I'd lost them, let me know how you get on with tescos tomorrow, fingers crossed all be OK with cards.

Tesco vouchers arrived Tue ( almost eight weeks after ordering them) with no amount on them.Got petrol in a Tesco Extra today and checked the amount on the voucher and it was €10.So all ok(can't buy petrol with the Tesco Voucher).But almost eight weeks for a voucher from IO is poor.Longest for any survey company that I know of nowdays.Used to be two weeks max from IO.

RedC cheque landed today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Weird one from red c today asking who my broadband provider was and wether I access sport illegally, I may have told a few porkies on that one lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

OmegaGene wrote:
    Weird one from red c today asking who my broadband provider was and wether I access sport illegally, I may have told a few porkies on that one lol

I did that one too a few days ago. Who in their right mind would admit to piracy in a survey like that?

• Advertisement

I did that one too a few days ago. Who in their right mind would admit to piracy in a survey like that?

100% a fishing expedition

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

So I haven't had any survey invites from IO in over a week so dropped them an email asking was there a problem

Just received a reply saying my account is suspended indefinitely citing a breach of 'program rules'
    I have been a member for years and have always provided honest and accurate information
    I know a few on here had the same issue recently enough,has anyone successfully challenged IO on this and if so what steps did you take

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

NATLOR wrote: »
    So I haven't had any survey invites from IO in over a week so dropped them an email asking was there a problem

Just received a reply saying my account is suspended indefinitely citing a breach of 'program rules'
    I have been a member for years and have always provided honest and accurate information
    I know a few on here had the same issue recently enough,has anyone successfully challenged IO on this and if so what steps did you take

TIA

I'm lucky to get 75c a week at the moment. Numerous email invites that never work. Especially Cint surveys. They always say searching for survey then nothing.

They're really on their arse recently. Website was full of errors recently but seems to have been fixed. I've gone from €30-40 a month to a couple of quid. And when I've finally been able to cash out Amazon vouchers they've been out of stock.

The amount of people who have had their accounts deleted for non description excuses is a joke. These companies must pocket thousands by doing that and nothing can be done about it. I'm very close to giving up completely. Better off with focus groups. Last time I was home in the UK I done one for £150 for 2 hours. Going to see if there's similar here.

TIA

Don’t waste your time, Irish opinions sucks lately and there are plenty of other alternatives out there, I’m using red c - userneeds - acumen - Ireach - lifepoints and they are all better than Irish opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Don’t waste your time, Irish opinions sucks lately and there are plenty of other alternatives out there, I’m using red c - userneeds - acumen - Ireach - lifepoints and they are all better than Irish opinions

I already use recd c will have a look at the others thanks
    I certainly won't using IO anymore even if I am reinstated
    Basically been called a liar and a cheat after nearly 6 years of being a member. It's disgusting behavior from them

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

Lifepoints not taking registration from Ireland now?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I already use recd c will have a look at the others thanks
    I certainly won't using IO anymore even if I am reinstated
    Basically been called a liar and a cheat after nearly 6 years of being a member. It's disgusting behavior from them

I have not had any emails from IO for months, therefore I go onto the site and do the surveys which appear on the dashboard. So I am collecting again.

L1011 wrote: »
    RedC cheque landed today.

Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

Hello. Does anyone know if surveyworld.me is safe please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

Great advice-totally agree with you. Irish Opinions are the worst. I had nearly €40 with them and they suspended my account without telling me. Avoid them at all costs.
    OmegaGene wrote: »

Advertisement