Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

London city beast

• 12-05-2019 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Myself, husband & 2children (11&9) are going to London from A Monday to Friday in July.

We are staying near the London eye so pretty central from what I can make out.

I looking at going to a theme park one day.
    Can anyone recommend the best one please?
    Am thinking Legoland or would Thorpe park be more exciting?
    Any recommendations gladly taken on board.
    Have had a mental busy few months so I’m finding it difficult to google productively.

Also are any of the deal packages better than the other? We want to do all the usual sites.

Thanks for any help received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭ra0044

Have done all the theme parks around London with my own children about the same age.

I would go to Chessington World of Adventure personally. Good mix of rides for both ages and the animal part is also pretty good.

Thorpe park is more thrill rides for teens and up I would say.

Legoland is a bit further out in Windsor but is a nice all rounder obviously.

Enjoy the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭El Vino

Agreed they are a bit young for Thorpe park - 12 and up to meet the min height on most of the rides, Chessington would be better. Legoland is a good trip but hopefully you are going to be there before the English kids get holidays otherwise the Qs are savage. Normally they get their holidays around the 21st of July - private schools a week or so earlier
    Merlin do a multi attraction pass which includes a number of the popular attractions including the London Eye

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭El Vino

Actually one attraction my child loves is called Kidzania in Westfield shopping centre

Advertisement