Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

International Series 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Good chance my Chiefs will be over - they play all 5 home teams in the regular season

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Good chance my Chiefs will be over - they play all 5 home teams in the regular season

That's a good shout.

Here's hoping there's a divisional game for Oakland and LAC with the Broncos.

Though it's probably gonna clash with the RWC so it'll matter little to me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

We dont play all 5 next year though, were away to the Raiders, the Chargers and the Jags next year. Hard to see them have an in division home game be an international fixture (as they're so key to seeing playoffs) so I'd say our best bet is to get Kc @ Jags in London.
    Jags have a tidy defensive unit, need to get a new QB and some coaching changes in there and could make for an excellent match up.
    Clark Hunt, KC owner is or was head of the international committee and has expressed an interest in playing abroad again but just not giving up another home game so with it being 4 or so years since KC were over, could easily see Chiefs Jags next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Sorry, I miss read that.
    The option is for the start of the 2018/2019 season in case the new stadium isn't ready.

[URL]Http://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4688299/tottenham-race-stadium-next-season/[/URL]
    Fair enough, but there's nothing in there to agree with your suggestion they could play some games at Wembley and the rest at WHL when its ready - that's against the rules.

Seems moot now anyway with the NFL seemingly happy that WHL will be ready for October.
    Smug face :P
    Still its alot worse than I taught. Opening just got delayed again.

Will it be ready for October 2019? :pac:

Now I think about it, the NFL will probably send the Chiefs or Rams to Mexico again to make up for the postponed game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Hoping to pop over this year having never gone before, been to games in the states but this will be my first time taking in the London experience!

Any advice on how to plan best from people who've done it before? I'd imagine flights increase sharply for a day trip once the schedule is announced so is it best to get them sorted first and then worry about match tickets?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Hoping to pop over this year having never gone before, been to games in the states but this will be my first time taking in the London experience!

Any advice on how to plan best from people who've done it before? I'd imagine flights increase sharply for a day trip once the schedule is announced so is it best to get them sorted first and then worry about match tickets?

Cheers!

Flights didn't increase at all last year, actually went down in my case.

Worry about tickets and accommodation.. Flights will be about 50 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I’ve only been to 3 and went over and back for 2 of them but I don’t think flight prices go crazy.

In reality, there’s only a few hundred at most that travel over from here and there are plenty of options (with times, airports and airlines) so it’s not like flight prices for a World Cup or 6 Nations where everyone in the country wants to go.

While you always see lads in NFL jerseys in Dublin airport on the mornings of matches, it’s not like the place is overrun with them. I’ve never paid too much more than typical Dublin - London prices when I’ve gone over anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Cheers!

Base your flights on where you are staying. Flights to Heathrow are usually ~€80, this has it's own tube station so get an Oyster card (their Leap card) and its about a hour into the city.

We stayed on Liverpool St last year, Stanstead Express terminates there so 30 odd mins and a 5 min walk to hotel.

Gatwick Express goes to Victoria station.

Trains can be expensive though, but our flight to Gatwick was only €25 return with Ryanair. Look out for special offers, we got a 3 for 2 offer so was only £20 each return but if you book early Gatwick were doing half price so a return for the value of one way.

If you don't have an Oyster card for the underground, you can use your contactless bank card to access. Do not use cash, it's almost double the price for one journey! Oyster is the cheapest.

Edit: Just re-read seeing you wanted day trip. Haven't done this yet but look around for options to Wembley Park station.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I did the day trip this year for the titans game.

Depart Dublin @ 11:10, we end up leaving later which was an issue.

Got onto the tube at heathrow around 12:30 ish, tube to Green Park and then change to the tube to Wembley. All in this took around 75 ish mins.

Having to walk down from wembley park, go throgh security screening, up to get some food (was bloody starving!) got to seats just after KO.

Game finished @5:30 (thank god for no OT), flight back was 8:10 departing.
    Went to the holiday inn next door for a couple of beers and let the crowds die down, got an uber back to heathrow.

Due to surge pricing Uber was 80 euro, when it should have been 40, had forgotten about that.
    Next time I'd just hang around to let the crush die and re-do the journey via tube.

just to add, for this year i'd probably stay the sunday night.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone, much appreciated! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

How does everyone get tickets? I've tried for 3 years and haven't been able to. That said, I could only do bottom tier so they're probably a lot harder to come by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭conor222

Sitting on ticketmaster the morning that they are released (often across a few devices) and hoping to christ the system doesn't buckle like it always does

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Patww79 wrote: »
    How does everyone get tickets? I've tried for 3 years and haven't been able to. That said, I could only do bottom tier so they're probably a lot harder to come by.

Support a terrible team!

Support a terrible team!

I do. But is it not just full of fans (as much as we are this side of the Atlantic anyway) of every team at them anyway?

I do. But is it not just full of fans (as much as we are this side of the Atlantic anyway) of every team at them anyway?

Depends on the opposition.

Pats vs anyway will sell well and IMHO the other old school teams, Jets Steelers, fins 49ers raiders always sell

games being announced at 3pm today

https://twitter.com/NFLUK/status/1087364294646345728

That negates the need for tickets anyway. Thought it might have happened this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Bears game is going to be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I'd be happy enough going to any of those games tbh, but yeah the Bears and Raiders will be the one that draws the most fans. Think I'll try the Texans - Jags game myself, depending on dates of course.

• Advertisement

Panthers vs. Bucs would probably be of most interest to me I'd say, division rivalry, Cam and an Arians offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

I'd be happy with any of those games too, although the Bengals v Rams will be the most relevant to the Ravens. I think Texans v Eagles will be the best game in it. Fingers crossed for tickets this year

Sign up with a few team's UK newsletters, I got "Jaguars fan section" a few years back through their mail before the September resale tickets went live.

A whole mix of supporters as per the rest of stadium and tix were lower right over the Jags' player entrance tunnel.

Bears/Raiders would be my first choice then Bengals/Rams. But due to holidays from work will have to go with whatever is on the bank holiday weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Demand could be high for whichever games end up at WHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Texans Jags for me. Junior is now a Texans fan while I hibernate until the Chargers with a new owner return to SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

L.S.F wrote: »
    Sign up with a few team's UK newsletters, I got "Jaguars fan section" a few years back through their mail before the September resale tickets went live.

A whole mix of supporters as per the rest of stadium and tix were lower right over the Jags' player entrance tunnel.

I had Cardinal's friends over for the Rams Cardinals game in Twickenham 2 years ago. The got me the tickets Stateside, and they were about half the price of the UK tickets!

So when will tickets be available to purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

It was around May last year iirc.

• Advertisement

Advertisement