Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flystrike

Options
  • 26-05-2015 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

the cold weather has meant no issues here yet, but anyone thinking about using clik this year or got a price on it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭razor8

the cold weather has meant no issues here yet, but anyone thinking about using clik this year or got a price on it ?

It's got a serious price €230 incl vat for 5litres. I did a lot of mine today as there's a 40 day withdrawal, btw lambs are streaming on this last few weeks, couldn't believe it when I had them in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Expensive but would be more costly not to use it. I'll have to go buy some tomorrow. Used ectofly last year but wasn't overly impressed, going back to clik

Expensive but would be more costly not to use it. I'll have to go buy some tomorrow. Used ectofly last year but wasn't overly impressed, going back to clik

Used same last year, was a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

yes its worth the extra money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭foxylock

Clik ed all the lambs yesterday €235 for 5 litres.

Dipped em last year but just not enough cover in it, some lambs were struck in the Autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

i will hold off until the last minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

used ectofly too its crap, worth the few quid more, how many will 5 litres of click do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

I used to use Dysect which I found gave good cover, then I went back to dipping as a neighbour on the hill had scab on his ewes. I remember dysecting the lambs and being in the race with them, that evening my legs were burning like hell and all red, so I reckon it would kill a few larvae.

Dickie10 wrote: »
    used ectofly too its crap, worth the few quid more, how many will 5 litres of click do?

If you do them when there young 21-30kg il will do 200

razor8 wrote: »
    It's got a serious price €230 incl vat for 5litres.

QUOTE]

dairygold quoted me €260 today for the exact same bottle of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

razor8 wrote: »
    It's got a serious price €230 incl vat for 5litres.

QUOTE]

dairygold quoted me €260 today for the exact same bottle of it.

Supposed to have gone up 10% this week...price around, some one might give it at the old price...Novartis have a monopoly now, all the other products seem to be failing, so they can charge as they like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

magentadirect have 5 litre Clik for €230 plus €4.99 delivery.

http://www.magentadirect.ie/CLIK-POUR-ON-5ltr?search=clik

[QUOTE=rangler1;95654346

Supposed to have gone up 10% this week...price around, some one might give it at the old price...Novartis have a monopoly now, so they can charge as they like[/QUOTE]

Hard to see any other reason then that for it. Inflation is running at 0.1% at the moment so they cannt blame it on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

230 is as cheap as you will get Id say. It is great stuff, shame it didn't do ticks too... In my infinite wisdom I didn't use it last year, which turned out to be the worst year for flystrike in my area in living memory. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

Agri direct have an offer on at the moment of 5lts Ectofly with a FREE applicator gun for 129 euro. This seems very good value as 2.2ltrs Clik is 125euro so even if you had to do them a 2nd time with Ectofly you still have the gun which I'm sure will work with Clik in future years and also the short withdrawal period on the Ectofly.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Country lad

Sami23 wrote: »
    Agri direct have an offer on at the moment of 5lts Ectofly with a FREE applicator gun for 129 euro. This seems very good value as 2.2ltrs Clik is 125euro so even if you had to do them a 2nd time with Ectofly you still have the gun which I'm sure will work with Clik in future years and also the short withdrawal period on the Ectofly.
    Click around me is250 euro for 5 litres and 135 for 2.2 litres

Nd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Clik is 235 for 5 L with us.....dear but worth it in long run esp if you have some lighter stores that wont be sold till August.
    Did a bunch of lambs yesterday evening.....they were bone dry getting treated,then had about half an hour of light drizzly rain about an hour after they were done.
    Stopped raining then and rained a nice drop of drizzly rain in middle of night.I would say it would be soaked in ok to them though?

Clik is 235 for 5 L with us.....dear but worth it in long run esp if you have some lighter stores that wont be sold till August.
    Did a bunch of lambs yesterday evening.....they were bone dry getting treated,then had about half an hour of light drizzly rain about an hour after they were done.
    Stopped raining then and rained a nice drop of drizzly rain in middle of night.I would say it would be soaked in ok to them though?

But Ectofly is only 129 for 5 ltr with applicator gun

You have to be more careful with the application of ectofly, it doesn't spread through the wool so you have to put it on in a wide spray, it only works where it's applied.
    Whereas the Clik spreads through all the fleece, once it's put down the middle of the back and around the tail

rangler1 wrote: »
    You have to be more careful with the application of ectofly, it doesn't spread through the wool so you have to put it on in a wide spray, it only works where it's applied.
    Whereas the Clik spreads through all the fleece, once it's put down the middle of the back and around the tail

Oh rite, I didn't know that. So should I apply the Ectofly with the T bar nozzle rather than spray jet nozzle ?

• Advertisement

Oh rite, I didn't know that. So should I apply the Ectofly with the T bar nozzle rather than spray jet nozzle ?

Whatever give the best spread, I use a spray jet, just hold it further from the sheep to give a wider spread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

So would Clik be gone in ok to my lambs considering they were dry for an hour after been done ?

So would Clik be gone in ok to my lambs considering they were dry for an hour after been done ?

It's supposed to be rainfast once it dries on the sheep, I wouldn't be worried about it anyway

Anyone have any maggots this year yet. Can't b far off I'd say with this weather.

moved sheep to fresh pasture this morning and found 2 ewes badly fly struck around the tail area. Clipped them by hand. Rest of fleece was no way ready to shear. Took off as much as I would. Cannt remember seeing them this early before.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭jd06

Had to move sheep to fresh pasture this morning and found 2 ewes badly fly struck around the tail area. Clipped them by hand. Rest of fleece was no way ready to shear. Took off as much as I would. Cannt remember seeing them this early before.

Any price on click yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

click only job

jd06 wrote: »
    Any price on click yet

2.2ltr - €159
    5ltr - €279

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

Anyone have any maggots this year yet. Can't b far off I'd say with this weather.

Yes, uncle found 5 with maggots this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

Yes had some earlier in the week. Shearing next week so hopefully dip them 5 weeks after

Advertisement