Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tennessee Titans Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

If Chance is as good as people say, he's worth it given the struggles this year, then it's hoping that one of the decent SS or CBs fall to the 2nd round.

People were saying the same things about DeCastro last year though and we had a shot at him with 20th pick but passed. I have a hard time believing that we'll draft a guard a full 10 picks earlier unless the Titans have a much higher grade on Warmack for some reason or they are desperate for help on the interior of the OL.

I've seen both Elam and Reid fall out of the first round on a lot of mock drafts so I think there's a decent chance one will be available for the Titans in the 2nd round. There's also talk that Jonathan Cyprien could now be the second safety off the board after his Senior bowl performance.

I think Robert Alford could be an intriguing prospect in the second round. A small school guy but he did well at the senior bowl and has very good measurables for the CB position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

Heffo001 wrote: »

People were saying the same things about DeCastro last year though and we had a shot at him with 20th pick but passed. I have a hard time believing that we'll draft a guard a full 10 picks earlier unless the Titans have a much higher grade on Warmack for some reason or they are desperate for help on the interior of the OL.

I've seen both Elam and Reid fall out of the first round on a lot of mock drafts so I think there's a decent chance one will be available for the Titans in the 2nd round. There's also talk that Jonathan Cyprien could now be the second safety off the board after his Senior bowl performance.

I think Robert Alford could be an intriguing prospect in the second round. A small school guy but he did well at the senior bowl and has very good measurables for the CB position.

Our interior is in very bad shape. If we can sort it out we should see massive improvements in our run and pass game. We need upgrades in many positions but of all positions sn upgrade at guard would provide the most benefit. I do wonder though if using our second pick on Cooper (I think his name is) would provide equal benefit as using our first on warmack.

It looks like both reed and woodson will be hitting the fa market. Hopefully we can grab one of them and one of the cbs likely to hit the market. If we could sort out our secondary in fa and use our picks for our oline and dline, id be a very very happy man. Then like u said heli we can use next year's draft to find the long term solution for our secondary.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Heffo001

Our interior is in very bad shape. If we can sort it out we should see massive improvements in our run and pass game. We need upgrades in many positions but of all positions sn upgrade at guard would provide the most benefit. I do wonder though if using our second pick on Cooper (I think his name is) would provide equal benefit as using our first on warmack.

It looks like both reed and woodson will be hitting the fa market. Hopefully we can grab one of them and one of the cbs likely to hit the market. If we could sort out our secondary in fa and use our picks for our oline and dline, id be a very very happy man. Then like u said heli we can use next year's draft to find the long term solution for our secondary.

I agree with what you're saying, but the point that I was trying to make is that I'm not sure that the Titans as an organisation are willing to use a top 10 pick on a Guard. DeCastro was raved about as the best guard to be in the draft since Hutchinson and the Titans passed on him at 20 overall. Now maybe that's because they were really high on Wright, maybe they didn't have as high a grade on him as many others or maybe they regret not taking DeCastro and will rectify that by taking Warmack this year, but if I were to bet on it I'd say it's unlikely to happen.

I think it's possible the Titans could trade down maybe 5 spots and still pick him up though if they wanted to try and go that way while picking up an extra pick or two to address additional needs with the depth in this years draft.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Some chatter linking us with Avril, very good player but I think we'd end up massively over paying

Some chatter linking us with Avril, very good player but I think we'd end up massively over paying

I can't see Bud Adams over paying by too much... but we are in desperate need of a pass rusher. . .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Me neither, it will depend on what power Munch has, he knows if its a bad season he's gone, I think he'd like to sign up but Adams will know if it fails he'll be left with Avril on another 2 years with massive salary cap implications.

I dont think we'll sign him..

Thats a good signing but even more important its an indication we are gonna be a busy team in the FA market!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

2 year $4million dollar contract. Bit of a bargain really

Yeah it is a bargain and it means with Wilson and Babineaux we have a good started with depth, it gives us the potential to pick up a project SS this year if needed or go all in with the 2nd pick with Elam or one of the top rated safeties and have cover across the Safety position

• Advertisement

Yeah it is a bargain and it means with Wilson and Babineaux we have a good started with depth, it gives us the potential to pick up a project SS this year if needed or go all in with the 2nd pick with Elam or one of the top rated safeties and have cover across the Safety position

Yea I'd look to use a mid-round pick on someone like Bacarri Rambo or Robert Lester

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Yea I'd look to use a mid-round pick on someone like Bacarri Rambo or Robert Lester

Frankly i'd take Baccari just for his surname :pac:

But Wilson, buys us time and it means if needed next year if there was a clear cut top SS/FS he could be taken with the first if needed

Frankly i'd take Baccari just for his surname :pac:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Damn, was hoping the Lions (who were the only other team trying to sign him) would get him. The Safety position there is a complete disaster. Need to look elsewhere now.

As for Avril, he is looking for big money. He refused a 3 year $30 million deal last year & decided to play on the franchise tag. The Lions don't have enough cap space to keep him this time around, so I'd imagine he'll be looking for deal a little bit better than what he was offered last season, when free agency arrives.
    He has an over inflated opinion of himself if you ask me. Not really worth the money he's looking for.

agree Lionbacker, he should have taken a deal last year, stats wise he regressed in 2012, but he will still command a premium.

Would love him in Tenn, but not at the price he wants

I've been impressed by Tyler Bray. I really hope we take a chance on him in the 3rd or 4th but I think he may have played his way into the bottom of the second with his combine.

Yeah he is a big QB, tbh i wouldnt be adverse to taking him at all, but i would really hope that what would happen is that Locker would kick on and enable us to take on a developmental QB who is going to see some snaps in games completely lost/won.

Locker is going to need some serious game time in pre-season i think

Is revis an option for us in free agency do you think. Unlike SF we don't have all that much that we can give. As it is with a one year contract I wouldnt be willing to give much anyway.

We'd have to give up picks and not epic ones given yhe jets cap position, for a year id do it, we could afford him long term I think

Dunta and Turner worth a punt?

Turner would definitely add some muscle to the RB position while Robinson would probably push Verner for the starting spot

• Advertisement

Dunta and Turner worth a punt?

Turner would definitely add some muscle to the RB position while Robinson would probably push Verner for the starting spot

I'd be interested in us picking up Dunta and Abraham. The only issue is they will both wanna be paid like superstars and Dunta is solid but not great and Abraham isn't gonna be an every down player.

They'd both still be a massive upgrade for us though.

Some rumours going around some Titans fan sites about a big for Turner and a cheap one at that.

Would be more than happy to get it him for a season or 2

Some rumours going around some Titans fan sites about a big for Turner and a cheap one at that.

Would be more than happy to get it him for a season or 2

I would rather us use our cap space in other areas. . .

Dohnny i do see what youre saying, however we also need a better RB, Turner is on the cheap it seems and if so then we should take him he would defintely ease the pressure on Locker and would stop offenses knowing that its C2J all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

In case you Titans guys are interested CJ2K is the main interview in the most recent Dave Dameshek podcast (dated 28th Feb). Gives a decent interview, says O-Line absolute priority this off-season.

Yeah have listened to it and he's 100% right.
    Needs to block better for him but also protect Locker, he got hammered in each game he played in.

Titans havent tagged Cookie yet...

Yeah have listened to it and he's 100% right.
    Needs to block better for him but also protect Locker, he got hammered in each game he played in.

Titans havent tagged Cookie yet...

He'll surely get tagged.

Saw this on NFL.com

» Jared Cook, Tennessee Titans tight end: Cook's agent is going to argue that Cook should be paid the wide receiver franchise tag.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146745/article/deadline-day-tracking-franchise-tags

Him wanting the WR tag has been going around for a few days.

Have been conversations today, but he seems talks on a long term deal stalled so they Titans will tag him as a TE.

However if he pushes and wins a case on as a WR he gets an extra 4 million

Just been confirmed that Cook will not be tagged :eek:

• Advertisement

Just been confirmed that Cook will not be tagged :eek:

Wow odd decision when you consider your not strapped for cap space.

Advertisement