Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Last Chance Saloon Champions Weekend

Options
  • 14-09-2019 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

The bad run is going on too long now, so i fancy a load of horses this weekend. Making a decent profit on selections means continuing, not means a break till Cheltenham.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

1:50 Doncaster
    Konchek has looked like he will be suited by a step back in trip and he improved last time. 3y’o have been winning everything and he is the only on in the field. I’ve actually gone for 30/1 5 places with 365, in the extra place specials market.
    1 Point EW 30/1 5 places 365.

3:00 Doncaster
    Royal Dornoch is 3lbs better off with Threat for his run at Goodwood, when he was on the wrong side but really caught the eye. If he improves on that he’ll get close to treat.
    1 Point win 25/1 generally

3:00 Doncaster

Royal Dornoch I'm going to add an additional 1 point win at 14/1 w/o fav here in a few places.

3:35 Doncaster
    Western Australia, is a horse I expected to get value with this year at some stage, and this looks to be that time. We’ll our fate early if he goes too fast in front but if not he can get involved in the finish here at a huge price. His 2 yo form is very good.
    2 Points EW 66/1 Gen

3:40 Leopardstown
    Norway is the best horse in this race, we’ve missed the 10/1 but 8/1 is still value. He surly won’t go haring off in front here.
    2 Points win 8/1 365

4:15 Leopardstown
    Anthony Van Dyke is clearly the 2nd best horse in this race if we can ignore his last poor run. He has a turn of foot at the end of his races and I think this race will suit him. We’ll go with a win and a w/o bet here.
    1 Point win 12/1 Gen 2 Points w/o Magical 15/2 365/lads

• Advertisement

1:50 Donc

After getting all my bets on I've just realized that Muthmir has huge change here. Eye catching run at Ascot a while ago.

1 Point win 16/1

5:25 Leop

This race could setup perfectly for Just Wonderful. It should be a mad pace up front and if she gets back to form she will be closing fast.

1 Point win 25/1

2:25 Curragh
    Invincible Army, traveled as well as anything on his last run and I think he got found out by the soft ground. This trip could be right up his street.
    2 Points win 12/1 Various

3:35 Curragh
    Iberia’s Maiden win has worked out really well. He may not have been suited by softer ground on his last run and was the subject of a gamble. My gut is he may not be too far away from his stable companions here.
    1 Point ew 40/1 Gen

4:10 Curragh
    Capri was trained for the Gold cup and he didn’t stay. His last run was a nice enough trial after a break and I think he has a huge chance here, given normal improvement. This is a Max bet for me
    3 Points EW 16/1 VC/365

• Advertisement

1:20 Curragh
    Well go for 1 from each side here. Tresorier won his side in this last year and has had very few runs since, this surely has been the plan. Ardhoomey has plenty of runs this year that make a mark of 97 well within his grasp
    1 Point EW 33/1 6 places Tresorier
    1 Point EW 20/1 5 places Ardhoomey

• Registered Users Posts: 5,131 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Was at Leopardstown yesterday and have to say facilities were night and day compared to the Curragh. Of course the negative is that it attracts more drunken fcukwits young and old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Few bets today.
    1.55 Loveistthehigherlaw, impressed me big-time last time out when returning from a bit of a layoff and being pretty softly handled throughout the race beating an o Brien hotpot who ran well in a group 3 yesterday, she's hard to keep sound according to the trainer and jockey but seems massively talented and I think she could cause an upset.
    2.25 mab's cross, won well earlier in the season before bumping into a few smart sorts recently. This could be a bit easier for her and should be plenty of pace for her to aim at. Disappointed if she doesn't go close.
    3.35 Geometrical is a stab in the dark somewhat but have a feeling he might try force the pace and could be better than his run behind Armory last time suggests. He's a huge price so it won't cost me much to see if he's as decent as I think he could be ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Over a year ago caspian prince was 2nd in the sapphire stakes oversame course and distance as today with mabs cross back in 3rd.
    Hes been well below form his last couple starts but showed up well for a long way only a couple months ago in this years edition of the sapphire stakes and im hoping hes fresh after a few weeks break.
    Worth small e/w stake to be in the places at 66/1.
    His handicap mark has come down pretty quick but connections would rather run him in this race says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Over a year ago caspian prince was 2nd in the sapphire stakes oversame course and distance as today with mabs cross back in 3rd.
    Hes been well below form his last couple starts but showed up well for a long way only a couple months ago in this years edition of the sapphire stakes and im hoping hes fresh after a few weeks break.
    Worth small e/w stake to be in the places at 66/1.
    His handicap mark has come down pretty quick but connections would rather run him in this race says a lot.

I was trying to work out what handicap had they in mind for him as he's been ridden oddly recently. Is there any Sprint handicap coming up at somewhere like sandown or a dogtrack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Tresorier 33/1 ew 6 places 1.20 curr

Was 5th in this race last year off 87 and today runs off 78 with jockey taking a further 5lbs off. Jockey is also 3-12 last 14 days.

GL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I was trying to work out what handicap had they in mind for him as he's been ridden oddly recently. Is there any Sprint handicap coming up at somewhere like sandown or a dogtrack?

The next big one is the ayr gold cup, but i think that is over 6 ?

Anyway I am not sure we have seen the same Caspian Prince this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Busy day today.

1.55 Curragh, Goddess, around 15/8 won't be winning, my next best.
    2.35 Fflos las, Hot Summer, around even money. Definitely a lay bet for me and my best bet of the day, can't see it winning
    2.15 Bath, Mia Diva, around 11/4 and another lay bet for me. The horse should be about 9/1
    2.25 Curragh, Soffia, I really like this improving horse and I think it'll go in again, backed to win 9/4-5/2'ish
    3.00 Curragh, Albigna, around 15/8, backed this to win.
    3.20 Bath, Orange Suit, around 15/8, I think this will bolt in, backed to win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Curragh

3.00 So Wonderful ew @ 16/1
    4.10 Twilight Payment, Search for A Song both ew circa 12/1

Longchamp

2.50 Anapurna - circa 4/1 all duck no dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Was quite happy with caspian prince there, just lost that little bit of pace that used to get him a few lengths up early on.
    He loves the curragh so would be interested to see him in a handicap there with a good claimer on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Wow Star Catcher is good

One of the best two years old we've ever seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Blinkers_off

Pina ****ing turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

By **** that is one serious animal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Let's just hope Godolphin don't lie to us and say he's injured and retire him to stud.

Wouldn't bank on him running next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

5pm ffos las, Tigerskin, around 13/8 - 7/4. This thing is an absolute cert. If anyone made any money today I'd have a few quid on this, will win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Blinkers_off

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    5pm ffos las, Tigerskin, around 13/8 - 7/4. This thing is an absolute cert. If anyone made any money today I'd have a few quid on this, will win.

Hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

SonOfGoat wrote: »

Are you a bookie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

UrbanFret wrote: »

No one seems to remember this fellow.

Advertisement