Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Post-Season Thread

Options
  • 29-09-2019 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

Thread for the playoffs and October managerial sackings/hirings.

Comments

Let's go Dodgers
    *clap* *clap* *clap clap clap*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Let's go Dodgers
    *clap* *clap* *clap clap clap*

Looking forward to them losing WS to the Astros in LA again.

Looking forward to them losing WS to the Astros in LA again.

It's a strong NL Bracket this season.
    I wouldn't be surprised if a non-Dodger NL team won it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Brad Ausmus fired by the Angels. Plenty of managerial vacancies already.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Anyone goin to watch the game tonight? Wild Card games are usually long as it's essentially a bullpen game.It could be 5.30 /6.00 before it's over.I fancy the nats to get it done with home advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Brad Ausmus fired by the Angels. Plenty of managerial vacancies already.

Joe Madden back to the Angels you would think

Bit of a Bill Buckner moment in the NL WC game last night. Nats onto the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Just about getting up after that spectacularness last night. Nats team believe in themselves. Going to give the Dodgers a good go i believe.

Just about getting up after that spectacularness last night. Nats team believe in themselves. Going to give the Dodgers a good go i believe.

Strasburg good to go Thursday do you reckon? Or will they push him back to game 2? He only threw 34 pitches.

This nats team has huge self belief ,up to the 8th inning the Brewers had if under control .You have to give huge credit to Strasburg he locked it down when he came in and Rendons walk in the 8th was critical.Dodgers will be hot favourites but if the nats can win one of the first two then you would think they could have a great chance coming back to a rocking nationals park on Sunday.

• Advertisement

Ah damnit. Really didnt want to line up against the Nats.
    Would rather be playing either of the other two NL Teams.

I always fear a team with momentum, over a team who wrapped up their Division, and haven't been playing seriously for a while.
    Nats look to have that momentum in abundance. If they beat us, I'd expect them to win the NL

Ah damnit. Really didnt want to line up against the Nats.
    Would rather be playing either of the other two NL Teams.

I always fear a team with momentum, over a team who wrapped up their Division, and haven't been playing seriously for a while.
    Nats look to have that momentum in abundance. If they beat us, I'd expect them to win the NL

To be fair, the Brewers had plenty of momentum coming into the playoffs too, especially with them feeling as underdogs due to losing Yellich etc.

I would have said they would have been a more difficult team to face with all their bullpenning and throwing in 5-6 pitchers a game whereas I think the Nats will have a more traditional approach.

But it’s the playoffs, which is a crap shoot at the best of times so anything could and probably will happen.

Who do we think will do it tonight? I think Oakland would have a better chance of beating the Astros in a 5 game series tbh.

Who do we think will do it tonight? I think Oakland would have a better chance of beating the Astros in a 5 game series tbh.

My gut says Oakland. So that means the Rays will romp itðŸ˜

I hope Oakland do it.
    It's tough to pick who I want t win though.
    It's so encouraging to see two small market teams remain competitive

I fancy Oakland here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Strasburg good to go Thursday do you reckon? Or will they push him back to game 2? He only threw 34 pitches.

We have Corbin, therefore i dont think we need to go with Strasbourg. Thing for me is that we can then go Stras for game two with Sanchez/ross. Available from the pen and Max for game three.

We have a chance now anyway. Which is great. Brewers was always going to be a tough game and they wont get any easier. Obviously the Dodgers massive favourites but who knows this team believes in themselves.

A’s are in trouble. 3-0 down after 2.

I fancy Oakland here.

Ah well. Wrong as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,954 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Mets fire Mickey Callaway.
    https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-dismiss-manager-mickey-callaway

7 teams now looking for managers.

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Mets fire Mickey Callaway.
    https://www.mlb.com/news/mets-dismiss-manager-mickey-callaway

7 teams now looking for managers.

Slightly surprised by this. He had a year on his contract and I thought they might let him see it out.

7 teams looking and some strong candidates out there. Interesting few weeks ahead

ShyMets wrote: »
    Slightly surprised by this. He had a year on his contract and I thought they might let him see it out.

7 teams looking and some strong candidates out there. Interesting few weeks ahead

I suppose he wasn't Brodie's guy so was always in danger of not being brought back.

I know he made a few questionable in-game decisions but at the end of the day, was it his fault Tyler Bashlor, Pail Seawald and Chris Mazza etc. were in the bullpen? I liked him if I'm being honest and the team seemed to play for him. is whoever they bring in really going to do any better if management isn't prepared to spend and bring in decent free agents?

Great start for the Dodgers last night. Buehler looked tuned in.

Strasberg vs Kershaw tonight should be good.

Great start for the Dodgers last night. Buehler looked tuned in.

Strasberg vs Kershaw tonight should be good.

Yeah, he was great. Nats bullpen imploding again isn’t a good sign either. Must win tonight for them.

Acuna taking plenty of heat for admiring his non-HR in the other game.

2 games at a reasonable time this evening. That’s my Friday night sorted!

Really looking forward to the Yankees twins series.That should be an absolute slugfest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

Really looking forward to the Yankees twins series.That should be an absolute slugfest

I quite fancy the Twins in this one.

I probably ask this every year but what's the reason why we can only get the international feed on MLB.TV during the playoffs? Why is there even an International feed? We get the regular broadcasters during the regular season, why the need to change it up in the playoffs?

I probably ask this every year but what's the reason why we can only get the international feed on MLB.TV during the playoffs? Why is there even an International feed? We get the regular broadcasters during the regular season, why the need to change it up in the playoffs?

Not sure if it's related but if you have MLB.TV in the US you still need a subscription to a pay TV partner in order to access postseason content. Obviously if you are overseas you probably don't have such a sub so hence the need for international feed. Not sure the logic behind it.

It's taken me 7 innings of the Houston/TB game and now 2 of the Atlanta/St. Louis game to realise, but I don't think there's any difference between the normal feed and the international feed that were getting as it seems, at this stage in the playoffs anyway, the commentators are the same.

• Advertisement

It's taken me 7 innings of the Houston/TB game and now 2 of the Atlanta/St. Louis game to realise, but I don't think there's any difference between the normal feed and the international feed that were getting as it seems, at this stage in the playoffs anyway, the commentators are the same.

Yeah I think the real difference is during the WS, US viewers get Joe Buck and international is normally Matt Vasgersian. Which is good, can't stand Joe Buck.

Advertisement