Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

AROME 6Z Max Gusts

aromehd-52-23-0_aev1.png

8787_iki3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

So no action in Dublin ??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Will keep ye updated upon my arrival into Clare at 8pm!

Take care!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

aisling86 wrote: »
    Me too!

It will still be fairly windy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I can see loop head from my house and I'm orange . Mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Oh great! Clare!

I was waiting for you to surface. You are always giving out about Clare missing out, so your day has come!
    Unlikely for it to snow with this event though. Just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    Seeing as its such a nowcast situation, could it shift south again? Clutching at straws here :D Just trying to lighten the mood

Probably not going on past experience of storms

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Can someone in Clare livestream this tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I can see loop head from my house and I'm orange . Mad!

"I'm orange"

Howya Mr Trump.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭RoisinD

Makes a change for Clare to get a mention. There are often warnings for Kerry, Galway (even Galway Bay) and Clare doesn't get a mention. Sure we will all get some wind. Rain just starting here. NWClare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

jasper100 wrote: »
    This warning system is a farce. I cant see how somewhere like killaloe in a red zone will be impacted more than say ballybunnion or the aran islands.

How can doolin be red and 6 miles away out in the sea the aran islands not?

They need to be more specific, west clare, north kerry, north clare etc.

FFS Use your common sense!!!!
    I'm sure the people of Aran won't be out in their beer gardens supping pints cause Galway is only orange!! The warnings are only a guidance. They can't specify the conditions for every parish in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Can someone tweet Trump and tell him Doonbeg is taking a direct hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

REBELSAFC wrote: »
    FFS Use your common sense!!!!
    I'm sure the people of Aran won't be out in their beer gardens supping pints cause Galway is only orange!! The warnings are only a guidance. They can't specify the conditions for every parish in Ireland.

They have a point in fairness, issuing warnings based on county borders is a bit daft. I don't think going more specific makes sense either, but they should just have red/orange/yellow regions on the map and forget about basing it on counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭briansun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Probably not going on past experience of storms

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,506 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Can comments on the warning system be referred to this thread please.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057918791

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Where in the name of god is this type of weather coming from!!!! It is APRIL 26th isn't it? Or did someone drug me????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

Where in the name of god is this type of weather coming from!!!! It is APRIL 26th isn't it? Or did someone drug me????

It's a bit of a Late Show alright :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

"I'm orange"

Howya Mr Trump.:)

Maybe it will wash away Doonbeg GC ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭endainoz

Can someone in Clare livestream this tonight?

Not quite a live stream but through windguru you can access 'clahane waverider' weather station near liscannor, should record some high stuff throughout the night.

Things picking up a bit a Doolin pier, someone has parked their Micra facing the sea in one of the car parks, if it's still there in the morning it'll be in some state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Rain just starting in cork city now

Will it not be as bad as expected so in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Evelyn cusack on radio 1 in a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

sudden loud deluges out here and wind rising. west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Come on storm Hannah come and have a go if u think ur hard enough. U don’t sound too scary to me with ur girls name.
    I’ll be in the back garden in me y-fronts in the paddling pool if u wanna try to disrupt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Will it not be as bad as expected so in Cork?

On current guidance, no, but still very windy. Of course the further west you go, the windier it will be. A lot windier in Ahilies than in Cork city etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Even a dumbass can spell ur name backwards without too much thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭thomil

Typical, Cork getting screwed over at the last second. Even the weather is in on it :D

On a slightly more serious note, light rain has started and it's also gotten blustery here in Ballincollig over the last fifteen minutes. Barometer at 1001mb and dropping.

And so it begins...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Can comments on the warning system be referred to this thread please.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057918791

Why? These things happen in the moment and people interact with what they are hearing & seeing.

It's pretty clear that giving warnings by county is daft. Any sensible person on the southern parts of the west coast should be able to figure that it will be windy, regardless of these silly cards. Weather for Dummies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

endainoz wrote: »
    Not quite a live stream but through windguru you can access 'clahane waverider' weather station near liscannor, should record some high stuff throughout the night.

Things picking up a bit a Doolin pier, someone has parked their Micra facing the sea in one of the car parks, if it's still there in the morning it'll be in some state.

Webcam from Lahinch also if it stays online

Advertisement