Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mayo GAA Discussion - Part 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

seligehgit wrote: »
    Well done Kevin Mc Stay!
    Totally, he got hard done by when he want to try his hand at the mayo job. He is a true green and red no matter what anyone thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,002 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Latest podcast from Mayo News is really good

Really enjoyed the discussion with the Foley guy

https://www.mayonews.ie/sports/listen/football-podcast

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think I will pretend I am going to the final Saturday. I have a choice of 7 old AI Final tickets from different years - which I kept.
    I will pick the one which was the best seat.

All winning days...... Hard to decide....2013 or 2016?

Do any of youse Mayo lads have many of the tickets kept from any of the nine final losses, or were they thrown away in disgust?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭muddle84

I think I will pretend I am going to the final Saturday. I have a choice of 7 old AI Final tickets from different years - which I kept.

Do any of youse Mayo lads have many of the tickets kept from any of the nine final losses, or were they thrown away in disgust?

I held onto mine and collected all my friends too until the following day to get the GRMA points :P Then they were thrown away in disgust!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You Dubs are great for hanging onto memorabilia, if it's not All Ireland tickets, it's union jacks!!!

The best seat!!! Will you be allowed into the Hill when you grow up?

Off with ya ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Beffs

PARlance wrote: »
    You Dubs are great for hanging onto memorabilia, if it's not All Ireland tickets, it's union jacks!!!

The best seat!!! Will you be allowed into the Hill when you grow up?

Off with ya ;)

We've been hanging onto a pretty tasty piece of GAA memorabilia for the past 5 years. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lillielad

Beffs wrote: »
    We've hanging onto a pretty tasty piece of GAA memorabilia for the past 5 years. ;)

With a nice helping hand from the GAA...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

• Registered Users Posts: 15,002 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Brilliant
    Chicago, or Chicargo if you wish, is full of Ballintubber people.

Great interview with Aidan's mother Sheila O Shea.

• Advertisement

Brilliant
    Chicago, or Chicargo if you wish, is full of Ballintubber people.

Once the yanks start pronouncing their R's, we'll drop the R in Chicargo!

It's all their fault,
    New York = New Yawk
    Car= Caa

Now, our Irish brains are telling us not to sound like a yank...and we add the R into Chicargo!!

Learned that from boards a few years ago, and to this day, it's the best bit of information I've gotten from this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Great interview with Aidan's mother Sheila O Shea.

I hoe she didnt give away any tactics seen as she has been picking the team for a decade according to some on here !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Tim should charge the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Two weeks with Sam?

FFS, what a clown

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The Foley guy was really interesting. One point stuck with me.

If mayo are in Dublin faces and it's close or even mayo ahead in the last few minutes, will Dublin have the fight in them to mount a comeback. Especially after getting the 5 in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

naughto wrote: »

He's a clown, they need to ignore him and aim for proper corporate sponsorship

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I wish O Leary would give it up.

Why does he think he can buy his way in to Mayo GAA with a carrot of €200k , only of Mayo win. That's not financial support for the team. That's a bribe.
    Talking about non disclosure when he's publicly displaying his intentions.

The GAA have decided that neither Liam or Sam will be taken home and yet he thinks that he can buy the cup for his own personal selfish reasons. There are far more deserving people that have given a lot more than money to the GAA who would also love to hold Sam this Christmas.

I think he can f*ck off.

lillielad wrote: »
    With a nice helping hand from the GAA...

Dublin have no Tim O'Leary....in fairness

• Advertisement

Pure and utter stunt. Sure the winning team doesn't even get to bring the cup to the dressing room never mind a clown like him getting private access to it for 48hrs. He knows this and thus his "offer" is worthless.

Dublin have no Tim O'Leary....in fairness

Be thankful for that. The guy is a total snake and obsessed with his own publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Pure and utter stunt. Sure the winning team doesn't even get to bring the cup to the dressing room never mind a clown like him getting private access to it for 48hrs. He knows this and thus his "offer" is worthless.

Maybe he doesn't know this and thinks he can buy whatever perks he wants. Clueless.

Maybe he doesn't know this and thinks he can buy whatever perks he wants. Clueless.

I'm pretty sure he has to know.

Publicising this "offer" is utter gutter. Knows full well it won't be accepted so he can then go loco on twitter.

He's the ultimate self promoter.

His tweet yesterday lavishing self praise/no praise re his input in improving financial accountability was cringeworthy,further stirring the pot re a donation made under the previous regime.

The county board shouldn't touch him with a 20 foot pole.

He only wants Sam for 48 hours knowing full well even if we manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat on Saturday Sam can't leave Croke Park.

A shameless publicity stunt me thinks.

Be thankful for that. The guy is a total snake and obsessed with his own publicity.

He seems like a prime example of money, not being able to buy class and decency.

He seems like a prime example of money, not being able to buy class and decency.

What do you mean he’s not classy?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165338/Euro-2012-England-fan-flashed-Diamanti-penalty-shootout-revealed-millionaire-businessman.html

I loves me county

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

Green&Red wrote: »

That's actually very good, thanks for sharing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭dunnerc

irishgeo wrote: »
    The Foley guy was really interesting. One point stuck with me.

If mayo are in Dublin faces and it's close or even mayo ahead in the last few minutes, will Dublin have the fight in them to mount a comeback. Especially after getting the 5 in a row.[/QUO

Absolutely they will ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement