Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spring 2019 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Looking forward to the forecast. Almost perfect prediction last year. A nice August would be great for a change.

Looking back to last summer..

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0511/1048867-is-there-a-sting-in-the-tail-from-last-years-heatwave/

awesome the long term effects

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Unreal day in cork city. Sunny, warm. Way better then the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Dull and cloudy in Letterkenny with a cool breeze, an improvement but was hoping for even just an hour or two of sunshine. Cloud finally starting to break up now but suns already gone behind the trees

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

It’s still very warm in cork city. Sitting in the sun and have actually gotten a colour! Clear blue skies

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Glorious evening in Dublin. 15c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Carol25

It has been a great stretch of weather in Galway overall, just a little chilly. The wind was very cool, if not cold at times. But I always enjoy the coast when the sea is so calm. It’s a rarity to see it so still, the reflections of the landscape appear clear in the water. Really hope we get some nice beach weather this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

That was a roaster today..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Was in cork today lovely sunny and warm at times.. but if a chill in PUC on the terrace and I’d say lads in the shaded stands we’re cold. Certainly not a roaster for me but a lovely late spring early summer day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Great to see the light in the sky so late in the evening here near the Kerry coast , pic taken just about 15 mins ago.

9.4C

0jqpPi4.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Some very good sunsets this weekend in Dublin.

https://twitter.com/PhotographyWx/status/1127689380360085506

• Advertisement

The birds were singing sweetly well before 5 am today. So I was out sorting and gardening.. glorious golden dawn. a fresh breeze out here and rare the day no marine warning. But utterly lovely. Wild flowers scattering colour..breaks into song!west mayo offshore haven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Graces7 wrote: »
    The birds were singing sweetly well before 5 am today. So I was out sorting and gardening.. glorious golden dawn. a fresh breeze out here and rare the day no marine warning. But utterly lovely. Wild flowers scattering colour..breaks into song!west mayo offshore haven

makes me wish I was there to experience it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Unexpectedly breezy here this morning. Again cool out of the sun a lot of high white cloud but sun winning out hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭highdef

Unexpectedly breezy here this morning. Again cool out of the sun a lot of high white cloud but sun winning out hopefully.

Ditto here in North Kildare. A few areas of cirrus are moving eastwards across the country so most places experiencing a couple of hours of haziness through this morning. The haze had already cleared Western areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Lovely in DCC.

Wild out here now; marine forecast says 6. I really did have the best of the day at 5 am!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Quite windy here as well and does not feel as warm as the forecasts were giving.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

gozunda wrote: »
    Quite windy here as well and does not feel as warm as the forecasts were giving.

yeah not that warm here either away from sheltered locations, cool enough in the breeeze. Very sunny, great day for walking or gardening. Current temp 17C, but feeling more like 14C in the breeze. Still a massive improvement on the 8 and 9C daytime temperatures we had last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Perfect weather in Dublin, lovely temperature too and the breeze is more than welcome by me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Perfect. Not much more to say really.

• Advertisement

Perfect. Not much more to say really.

Easing and shining into a lovely afterevening out here... Bliss

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Touching 20C now in Castlebar and the breeze is slowly but surely easing off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

feels much warmer now than it did a few hours ago, the breeze has died down and it's a warmer wind. Perfect conditions, make the most of the next few days! Currently 16C, despite the 1C drop on earlier it definitely feels more pleasant with the cool breeze gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just
    Perfect
    I am a happy maneen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Be sure and throw on a few jumpers if travelling to Arklow
    Max here today despite the gorgeous blue sky was just 15c,wind directly off that icy sea
    Currently 14c
    I noticed driving up to Newcastle co Dublin ,car thermometer as you headed away from where the breeze came uninterrupted off the sea,just rose and rose peaking at 20c

I noticed a fire in the Dublin mtns too north of kippure :mad: already

Anyhow,forewarned is forearmed, throw on a fleece if you're heading SE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭highdef

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I noticed a fire in the Dublin mtns too north of kippure :mad: already
    Photo attached of that fire, as seen from the very North of kildare. It's a very low quality digitally cropped phone camera photo.

And the orientation of it is wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,059 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Claremorris 20.6 at 6pm. Nice evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

highdef wrote: »
    Photo attached of that fire, as seen from the very North of kildare. It's a very low quality digitally cropped phone camera photo.

And the orientation of it is wrong!

A closer photo taken from Tallaght this afternoon.

480199.jpg

A blissfully calm, quiet night out here. No wind, stars shining... a balmy 7 degrees according to met. Summer is i'cumin in..

• Advertisement

Orange forest fire warning

https://www.rte.ie/news/enviroment/2019/0514/1049324-coillte-warning/

Take care all!

Hence the photo y';day.

Advertisement