Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle Farm Naas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

Hopefully it is, would be so handy. Was planning on getting shed wired anyway. Do you know if there is a base being left to put a shed on or is the whole garden seeded?

Yes they are running from outdoor sockets line to the flexi tube you can see so easy to run into a shed. I think they will seed the whole thing unless you ask them not to? To be honest looking at how the seed/roll looks in first few past showhouse we'd probably redo or put Sid down.

Visited the site on a run this evening, met a couple who were looking at showhouses. They said "it's great we've been into no. 5 (first after sales office) as it's left open so had a great look around the finish so far". I checked after they pulled away and yep...no.5 side door isn't locked. I didn't go in but if you're on here owner of no.5 maybe get those doors locked in case your white goods or bathroom/ toilets fixtures are stolen as brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

furness wrote: »
    Hopefully it is, would be so handy. Was planning on getting shed wired anyway. Do you know if there is a base being left to put a shed on or is the whole garden seeded?

Yes they are running from outdoor sockets line to the flexi tube you can see so easy to run into a shed. I think they will seed the whole thing unless you ask them not to? To be honest looking at how the seed/roll looks in first few past showhouse we'd probably redo or put Sid down.
    Looking into the gardens, they have seeded them all and grass is starting to grow. They've not used the roll out stuff. Each house has a tube for power out for a shed and also an outside socket and tap outside the kitchen windows. 
    It's also handy the way they have fenced off the gardens if you are in the middle of a 4 block terrace. There is a narrow walkway at the rear in order to get bins in and out. They've not done that in Primrose where I am and it means a good few houses have their bins out the front making it look a bit messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

diiiannne wrote: »
    Anyone know the exact colour of the bathroom suite? Thanks

White with chrome fixtures I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 diiiannne

Thanks a mill, looking at the pics online it doesn't look white... looks like a champagne color - hope not!

• Advertisement

diiiannne wrote: »
    Thanks a mill, looking at the pics online it doesn't look white... looks like a champagne color - hope not!

Got in for a nose and to do some measurements yesterday. The foreman is a really nice guy. The ONLY thing I'm not mad on in the whole house is the bathroom wall tiles. Would prefer something a little more neutral. Delighted with the standard of the house though in general

Anyone else spotted that the 'ledge' or windowsill feature is missing in the main bathrooms? Its a feature in the showhouses, allows the big mirror in there and also makes the room bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Anyone else spotted that the 'ledge' or windowsill feature is missing in the main bathrooms? Its a feature in the showhouses, allows the big mirror in there and also makes the room bigger.
    In the 3 beds?

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    In the 3 beds?

I've seen pictures of a friend's 3 bed, it ain't in there. I've asked for urgent response from agent on 4 bed as we have a 4 bed...but no reply :-( It's in the main bathroom in both 3 and 4 bedroom showhouses though.

I've seen pictures of a friend's 3 bed, it ain't in there. I've asked for urgent response from agent on 4 bed as we have a 4 bed...but no reply :-( It's in the main bathroom in both 3 and 4 bedroom showhouses though.

Also I noticed that there's no usb charge point in the kitchen, which was mentioned in the broucher

• Advertisement

In the 3 beds?

It’s in the 3 bed if it’s what I think your talking about.the square box area that the mirror sat into?

Also I noticed that there's no usb charge point in the kitchen, which was mentioned in the broucher
    Yes your right, I forgot about the USB port.

It’s in the 3 bed if it’s what I think your talking about.the square box area that the mirror sat into?

Hi David, finished pic of 3 bed, a friends and they don't have it. Upsetting if just one house hasn't had it for some reason? Fingers crossed it's in ours as it's a big change I'll be super unhappy about

Few things have changed that we aren't happy about; brochure or showhouse says/shows towel rail in ensuite and USB as you say in kitchen...not in final houses. Hence my worry about another thing with bathroom ledge thing. Agent won't return our calls or emails so I'm rocking up to site Monday to see someone there to try get into out house on The Green.

Hi David, finished pic of 3 bed, a friends and they don't have it. Upsetting if just one house hasn't had it for some reason? Fingers crossed it's in ours as it's a big change I'll be super unhappy about

Yes it would be.mine is the semi-detached and I’m nearly sure it has it I can send u a picture I took if you like.

Few things have changed that we aren't happy about; brochure or showhouse says/shows towel rail in ensuite and USB as you say in kitchen...not in final houses. Hence my worry about another thing with bathroom ledge thing. Agent won't return our calls or emails so I'm rocking up to site Monday to see someone there to try get into out house on The Green.

Yeah I seen there is no towel rail in the ensuite.I actually don’t see how they would fit one in.(in the 3 bed anyway).
    Agent is very hard to get a hold of I rang and emailed non stop last week and finally got him.
    I’m going down tomorrow myself to see how the snag is coming along it’s been two weeks now

Me again! :-) Has anyone measured for blinds/curtains yet that would have the measurements for the 4 bed (front entrance). I've tried to arrange measurement by blinds people last week but agent didn't respond!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭NedNew2

Who is the agent? He should be named and shamed. That's very poor service.

Me again! :-) Has anyone measured for blinds/curtains yet that would have the measurements for the 4 bed (front entrance). I've tried to arrange measurement by blinds people last week but agent didn't respond!

Just turn up to the site and the foreman will let you in To measure.he did for us

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CLAW1406

I think we all just need to be united in our stand to get in over the next couple of weeks. Positive thoughts. Let's chase the agents and ask for updates but also know that it's the developers that are the ones onsite and they know the REAL story. ESB are slowing things down, we know that much today. Everyone make sure and post in here with any relevant updates so we can work together to populate the mini kingdom that is....Castle Farm

• Advertisement

I agree CLAW, positive should be the approach but it's hard, having had a very rude and negative response from agent on phone this morning. I insisted I wasn't having a go at him personally but still get crap customer service. We've managed to get a meeting on site with foreman this afternoon who I'd rather deal with in general.

Agent told me "I'm not a builder" so he can't help my view on being unhappy with changes to spec...my argument is he's the sales agent, paid by us (whether wrapped into our house price or not) to be our single point of contact through this and the one sitting on our €5k booking deposit until we complete.

FYI...it is confirmed that the bathrooms have changed. They say it's better hiding of pipes and gives more room to the room. Hence our insistence on getting into see what it actually looks like today, is it in fact bigger room and what else might be different from showhouse.

We were to be in house on The Green end June, now end July but I'm putting my money on end August with a view that anything earlier is a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LoopersC

Hi guys.

Disappointing about the heated towel rail
    ,surely significant change that we should be informed about or be aboe to push!!

Does anybody know what the story is with the showers - are they fitting and are they electric or run from gas?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Which agent are you's dealing with - the one in Naas or the one in New Homes? New Homes are HOPELESS anyway

Which agent are you's dealing with - the one in Naas or the one in New Homes? New Homes are HOPELESS anyway

I'm dealing (or trying to) with Naas only since the start.

LoopersC wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Disappointing about the heated towel rail
    ,surely significant change that we should be informed about or be aboe to push!!

Does anybody know what the story is with the showers - are they fitting and are they electric or run from gas?

Cheers!

Re: towel rail, I was told it wouldn't pass building regs due to its output in the ensuite, seems odd when all other showhouse developments have ones in final houses.

Re: showers, when I asked a long time ago, there is no shower going into main bathroom, we asked could we add one when plumber/tiler are in, happy to pay extra, but were told no, have to do after finished.

There is a shower going into ensuite and I understood it's mains run, so off the gas. Can check today with foreman and confirm!

Re: towel rail, I was told it wouldn't pass building regs due to its output in the ensuite, seems odd when all other showhouse developments have ones in final houses.

Re: showers, when I asked a long time ago, there is no shower going into main bathroom, we asked could we add one when plumber/tiler are in, happy to pay extra, but were told no, have to do after finished.

There is a shower going into ensuite and I understood it's mains run, so off the gas. Can check today with foreman and confirm!

Hi! how did you get on today? Did you notice if they started to tarmac the next section of road?

Hi! how did you get on today? Did you notice if they started to tarmac the next section of road?

There is still no tarmac today. I just walked past.

BuzzFish wrote: »
    There is still no tarmac today. I just walked past.

Tragic

Hey... Sorry didn't want to post another long rant for people but seeing as you ask about the visit.

It was good today. If I don't have to speak to the agent at all again, I won't. The foreman was great, a lovely guy, understanding and really knew why we had concerns about changes. I'm still not 100% on lack of that bathroom ledge. I feel there's nowhere to put things but we could get a shelf ledge put in if we wanted.

No tarmac yet I'm afraid :-( we were told he's waiting to place a certain amount in one go or it's not cost effective or is subject to a charge (sorry I think I was looking around too much to get full details).

Shower isn't pump, it's mains driven!

We saw Grady joinery in first houses hopefully fixing your last snag things? And painter in too.

Our gardens (row 1-10 the green) do have quite a slope downwards. It's disappointing they didn't step the garden as we will have to level this somehow to get our shed in and to put patio in in a while. Some of you might be happy with the slope so don't mind me! It's just we will be sitting wonky on a slanted patio (before the drinks) without levelling. Not sure why they wouldn't fix knowing most will patio.

Overall though they look good guys. Lots of light. Happy to know plenty of electricians, plumbers etc. on site after we are all done to sort things if needed.

Oh they've changed the make of white goods (for the better I think). Indesit fridge freezer and Nordmonde Oven, micro and dishwasher.

I asked if he thought we'd really be in end of July and said I wouldn't hold him to it, just wanted a truthful response. He said definitely end of August. We appreciate this, if its a little earlier great, if not then at least we aren't hanging on end July and pushing agent to tell us about more delay.

So we are off to book a holiday and escape the house madness. Long rant over... :-)

• Advertisement

On the sloping gardens, maybe I can shed some light. I'm in Primrose and the boundry wall was raised quite a bit. After a lot of back and forth with builder and council wondering why the following came to light:

The builder of Primrose Gardens did not adhere to the ground levels as per his plans. He is an absolute cowboy, this is well-known. He just leveled the ground and stuck all the muck where Castlefarm now stands. My house is 1.2-1.4m lower than it should be and this was not noticed until Castlefarm got their foundations down. They are much higher. Stand on the boundary wall and you'll see the huge difference. For that reason houses approaching the boundry to Primrose step down to try to allign but I'm told this could only go so far or the drains would end up going uphill and there is only so much leaway in the plans... not good. I blame the council as they should have checked the ACTUAL levels in Primrose before granting the planning. None of us living there noticed as who checks the FFL (finished floor levels) of a house they are buying.

So the houses are as low as possible, the boundry wall raised to try get some privacy, and it seems some gardens sloped to try to blend the estates. As it is there is still a huge difference. Without the raised wall I'd be able to look into my new neighbors kitchen from my own!

Advertisement