Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle Farm Naas

• 11-04-2018 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I was wondering if anyone had bought in Castle Farm and how close they are to moving in or what stage are they at with the buying process?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

We've a booking deposit down. The house we got isn't ready until August/September - don't think any of the others are ready for move in until end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gallagher911

Congratulations. what number are you? We have a deposit on one of the house in the first row near the show houses. We were told end of April but i would imagine it will be May now. Can't wait to get in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Hi,

We put down a deposit too they said end of May to us too.Have you looked at any changes you want made yet?

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    Hi,

We put down a deposit too they said end of May to us too.Have you looked at any changes you want made yet?

No we only got in to see it last week. Told us we would be in to snag in about 2 weeks so we can have a look then. Signed contracts this week so can't wait to be in now. U must be in the first row too are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 RCL173

Hi, I am looking at possibly buying in the next phase. Can I ask how your experience has been? Are they open to changes? Wasn’t a fan of the tiling in the bathrooms.

• Advertisement

Congratulations. what number are you? We have a deposit on one of the house in the first row near the show houses. We were told end of April but i would imagine it will be May now. Can't wait to get in now.

We bought just facing The Green. Did anyone have any issues or changes with their contract? Just wondering what to expect!

We bought just facing The Green. Did anyone have any issues or changes with their contract? Just wondering what to expect!

No major issues really. our solicitor questioned a few things in the contract but nothing that stopped us from signing. have you signed contracts yet? received a snag day date or anything?

No major issues really. our solicitor questioned a few things in the contract but nothing that stopped us from signing. have you signed contracts yet? received a snag day date or anything?

No we haven't signed yet - we didn't have our mortgage in place when we put the deposit down so that delayed everything!

No we haven't signed yet - we didn't have our mortgage in place when we put the deposit down so that delayed everything!

we are snagging next week so hopefully wont be waiting too much longer. agh there's always a delay when it comes to mortgage papers. So many forms to get in place before you can draw down (home insurance, mortgage protection ) have you had any updates about when the house will be ready?

we are snagging next week so hopefully wont be waiting too much longer. agh there's always a delay when it comes to mortgage papers. So many forms to get in place before you can draw down (home insurance, mortgage protection ) have you had any updates about when the house will be ready?

No nothing yet - although they've probably been avoiding me because I had no funds in place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Who are people using for snagging?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hi,

No we only got in to see it last week. Told us we would be in to snag in about 2 weeks so we can have a look then. Signed contracts this week so can't wait to be in now. U must be in the first row too are you?

Yeah the first row too.delighted with the house but wouldnt mind having a similar layout kitchen as the four beds.might see if i can find out the kitchen maker and have a chat with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Kitchen is by Fitzgerald Kitchens in Dun Laoghaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Hi,

We are moving in, hopefully start/mid-June.
    Have you been able to get people in to measure? We are keen like everyone, I guess, to get flooring down asap

Anyone manage to get subject to loan clause put into the contracts?

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Who are people using for snagging?

Using a friend who snagged his own house last year. In there tomorrow morning to do it.

Mugglewump wrote: »
    Hi,

We are moving in, hopefully start/mid-June.
    Have you been able to get people in to measure? We are keen like everyone, I guess, to get flooring down asap

We were told no one was allowed in to measure until we had contracts signed and snag done. Carpet guy is measuring tomorrow. Just had to ask estate agent if it was ok .

Yeah the first row too.delighted with the house but wouldnt mind having a similar layout kitchen as the four beds.might see if i can find out the kitchen maker and have a chat with them

Are the kitchens not all the same layout? Or are you in a side entry house? When u in to snag?

We were told no one was allowed in to measure until we had contracts signed and snag done. Carpet guy is measuring tomorrow. Just had to ask estate agent if it was ok .

Thanks, I actually got onto DNG yesterday and they gave me the green light to get someone in to measure. Have you been given a move in date? We are waiting on a snag date, hopefully next week

Mugglewump wrote: »
    Thanks, I actually got onto DNG yesterday and they gave me the green light to get someone in to measure. Have you been given a move in date? We are waiting on a snag date, hopefully next week

No havent been given a move in date yet. i'm hoping it wont be too long as we are snagging tomorrow. reading online it can be between 7-10 days after u get the keys but i really don't know. cant wait to get in now. have you signed contracts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 CLAW1406

We bought and are moving in hopefully mid June. We should get a BBQ going in August and then have an annual Castle Farm BBQ. Who's game? We paid deposit yesterday. Broke for now but sure it's grand.

CLAW1406 wrote: »
    We bought and are moving in hopefully mid June. We should get a BBQ going in August and then have an annual Castle Farm BBQ. Who's game? We paid deposit yesterday. Broke for now but sure it's grand.

Hey congratulations, Ha i was only saying this last week. would be a great idea to get to know everyone. A BBQ is top of my shopping list at the minute too ha. i see they have stopped showing the house at weekends now. did u have to book a viewing?

No havent been given a move in date yet. i'm hoping it wont be too long as we are snagging tomorrow. reading online it can be between 7-10 days after u get the keys but i really don't know. cant wait to get in now. have you signed contracts?

I know we are the same, we are on the row at the end of the road. Think the first row is getting snagged first so hopefully not too far behind you. Houses are complete, just waiting on paving and road. Contracts signed last week.

Yeah I suppose they've stopped showing because the first phase is finished and it's not possible to get down to second phase with it being a building site. We booked the initial viewing but now we just pop down once a week and peek behind the fence. Hopefully we'll see some progress this weekend. It's all very exciting. BBQ will be great, we can get the meat in that quality butchers in the main street. Living like kings and queens we'll be :)

Are the kitchens not all the same layout? Or are you in a side entry house? When u in to snag?
    We went for a 3 bed semi.The 4 beds have the oven up high with an integrated microwave above and full row of cabinets up top.I got a quote today.€550 to add doors to the shelves and 450 for a unit built beside the fridge with the integrated microwave included

Anyone manage to get subject to loan clause put into the contracts?

hey, no they wouldn't allow it. my solicitor tried. solicitor said just make sure the bank is ready for a quick draw down and hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Anyone been in to snag yet? Any major updates? I'm impatient and curious :)

CLAW1406 wrote: »
    Anyone been in to snag yet? Any major updates? I'm impatient and curious :)
    Going in Monday to snag.we got an email this evening

Anyone looked at carpets yet for 3 bed semi? How much is it costing?
    Also does anyone know where the dining table in the 3 bed show house is from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 thewalrusis

We got quoted in or around 2000 for carpets for stairs landing and 3 bedrooms.. Seemed a bit high as the carpet we were looking at wasn't anything special. Hopefully we can get cheaper somewhere else.. Any recommendations would be welcome!

Advertisement