Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SketchUp training options

• 13-03-2018 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I'm helping a friend do some research on SketchUp training options, she much prefers instructor led or classroom based approaches, however, there seems to be limited options in Ireland. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has attended SketchUp training, provides training or may be able to provide some direction on alternatives. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Paul Lee

Hey Finglas, I saw your query just now..

I've been training designers, architects, engineers all over Ireland and overseas for the last ten years. Normally I train people 1 to 1 or with small groups of 3 to 5. I also train bigger groups too if needed. My background is architecture. I've designed and built small and large projects from scratch right through to sign-off using only SketchUp Pro as my work tool.

I do short online training sessions if it suits.

I help lone professionals, companies and multinationals.

Here's a short video which illustrates some important aspects about SketchUp Pro.

And here's a sample of a house I designed, project managed and signed off:

yT6LmUuXL5gR6R0ESbWQ1AYSOYiOOuTii9HzoHPm4JaeiB2lJiTGKluwqw1MfIozF3KEXzJqSB270CWZk89XekWiyAzt4rldIduGPqNex53gn6N0Q0_tPd-5hSLCA6qMLne929R6xfL9sXcdx1d-1fjopzpsNeJ4VmJTeS7UPSkTok_W3axbQUtsM2gnPsk4U3J5IGtaKfpPKLgVbIHEbeTKzhtIa4ZlfSiGNhI0scWIN8GdrluBQR5ZJuFTIa9ToTePACyP60kK4Q-2RbwHS3GLpIFCX--o6WiBpHdFUX-REAchp6QHjbX3Gt8OK8udD7FGR-UmC8ermNJtPvOsIYEc9P0jGLT6Vo13Gu8rn6BgheX5OiwVq-wfjK76Nykq28ClC1863u85T4bwi9e8Mqu8UyQteDMYf8SyC-VMNAua_MOQClGBUWVFbGV-I9nWH---zZp2N9WMhITI9csi_BOzfRZFldQKIFtKYDCOsYuoPMxfce-uG6rHsfkyw-cM5yD4_FjCIFT0DA2vpHmg0NNvmu-xnQUZAqGa1aO5kujm9W5_PN3dtjy3J0ZOIzoclbyNCp0O9FYyAzMpxo4RBoW6zHTtjbJSHfmRC7k=w1295-h915-no

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭raglinroad

There's a free months training on lynda.com and have very good course for sketch up
    https://www.lynda.com/SketchUp-training-tutorials/953-0.html

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brillig

Sketchup Free appears to be much less user-friendly than the paid version. For example, I can not see detailed Ribbon of Icons as in Sketchup Pro etc. All online Tutorials appear to be for the Pro version.

I merely want to design my Kitchen. Any ideas ?

Advertisement