Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rahillion, Donabate - New build

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Boocal2013

Hi All, Was there today,, We bought in the crescent too, changed the kitchen a few months back. It looks like things are really progressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AKPJ

Hello all - we've just booked a house on Rahillion Drive this weekend and looking forward to moving! This thread has been very useful.

I've a few questions, hoping someone can help.

I reckon we're too late to change the kitchen, but when I looked at the show house, there didn't seem to be a microwave, or space for an integrated microwave. Did I just miss it? The kitchens are lovely - i'd rather not have to have a microwave on a worktop.

Also, what's the order of things from this point? At what stage do you get access to put floors down? I'm assuming you tile your kitchen floor before the units go in? If so, are contracts signed before the kitchen is installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Min89

AKPJ wrote: »
    Hello all - we've just booked a house on Rahillion Drive this weekend and looking forward to moving! This thread has been very useful.

I've a few questions, hoping someone can help.

I reckon we're too late to change the kitchen, but when I looked at the show house, there didn't seem to be a microwave, or space for an integrated microwave. Did I just miss it? The kitchens are lovely - i'd rather not have to have a microwave on a worktop.

Also, what's the order of things from this point? At what stage do you get access to put floors down? I'm assuming you tile your kitchen floor before the units go in? If so, are contracts signed before the kitchen is installed?

Hi AKPJ,

There is no space for a microwave unfortunately. There is a unit above the oven area which would fit one but you are using up a kitchen press to hold it though. I would have preferred a fitted one too but didn't want it above or below the double oven so decided not to change the units to fit one. Will see how we manage with it in a press, it may end up on the countertop. The kitchen units are in from an early stage. Our house should be ready in Feb and our kitchen went in back in Sept/oct. Our contracts were signed before the kitchen went in. We have not asked builder about getting access to do the flooring yet. We will closer to the time. The houses/Rahillion drive really starting to come together. Great to see it finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Sorcha, we bought just before xmas and also had same issue with kitchen. BUt they let us make small amendments. Press handles, fold up ironing board and few others, maybe ring and say its only small changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Pdbeighty1

has anyone from this thread moved in yet? I have what seems like 100 questions about the finish - im going to try and have a look inside one that is almost ready for snagging this weekend. it might help answer a few of the questions for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Sineadch12

jester1980 wrote: »
    Sorcha, we bought just before xmas and also had same issue with kitchen. BUt they let us make small amendments. Press handles, fold up ironing board and few others, maybe ring and say its only small changes.
    Hi Jester, did you ring Curtis directly?

Hi All, We changed our kitchen Extensively back in October, basically re designed it. So it would be limited to what you can do now I'm afraid, you will have to make the changes after you move in. I am in the kitchen business so I looked into it early on.

Kitchen floors will be installed after the kitchen in these cases. From what I remember from previous purchases you cannot do anything until you have the keys and insurance etc etc sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AKPJ

Thanks for the responses!

Sineadch12 wrote: »
    Hi Jester, did you ring Curtis directly?

Yeah we rang directly, said we were told we may be able to make small changes and they said they would see what they could do, went down and basically was a no for most things but we talked them around

Has anyone asked about attics? Like could a small room be put up there eventually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 gtj10

jester1980 wrote: »
    Has anyone asked about attics? Like could a small room be put up there eventually?

I think someone said earlier that the attics cannot be converted due to the steel frame construction. Not sure about how much usable space is available with the headspace but they're not floored either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CiaraB85

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. Was anybody else interested in the mirrored unit in the living room in the 4 bed? If so did you get a quote and who from?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

CiaraB85 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. Was anybody else interested in the mirrored unit in the living room in the 4 bed? If so did you get a quote and who from?

Thanks!

Hi,

Ive priced around and its roughly 3500-5000 depending on finish...pretty pricey!
    Anyone finding Curtis kitchens difficult, have been waiting over 2 weeks for drawings as I wanted to change things around.

Thanks for the reply! Yes it is pretty pricey!! Was that quote you got from the people who did the show house or did you go elsewhere?
    rcallagh wrote: »
    Hi,

Ive priced around and its roughly 3500-5000 depending on finish...pretty pricey!
    Anyone finding Curtis kitchens difficult, have been waiting over 2 weeks for drawings as I wanted to change things around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rcallagh

Thanks for the reply! Yes it is pretty pricey!! Was that quote you got from the people who did the show house or did you go elsewhere?

I was speaking with the interior designer in the 5bed detached on Sat & that one cost 6000! Id been on to a few carpenters before that and the cheapest quote was 3500-4k depending on dimensions for a fully sprayed finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tk89

I was speaking with the interior designer in the 5bed detached on Sat & that one cost 6000! Id been on to a few carpenters before that and the cheapest quote was 3500-4k depending on dimensions for a fully sprayed finish.

Is the 5 bed showhouse open for viewings yet?

6000!!! Omg!! Thanks for the info we will have a look into it!

Yes the 5 bed was open for viewings last Saturday. It’s amazing!!
    Tk89 wrote: »
    Is the 5 bed showhouse open for viewings yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Jacdub

What was the price on the five bed. Was it the same interior designer as 3-4 beds?? Massive money for any unmovable piece of c
    Yes the 5 bed was open for viewings last Saturday. It’s amazing!!

Jacdub wrote: »
    What was the price on the five bed. Was it the same interior designer as 3-4 beds?? Massive money for any unmovable piece of fueniture. quote]

• Advertisement

<snip>

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 8 niamhmag

Hi All,
    Its been great to find this thread. Its been so helpful. We bought recently in Rahillion Park. I am just wondering if anyone has heard when they will be completed?
    Thanks

I drove up to the estate on Monday, the houses have shot up very quick in fairness, think there are 5/6 houses already being lived in. Not sure specifically on the park im afraid.

Not to worry. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

niamhmag wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Its been great to find this thread. Its been so helpful. We bought recently in Rahillion Park. I am just wondering if anyone has heard when they will be completed?
    Thanks

We're in Rahillion Park as well, I asked Ballisk last week and was told the current estimate is June but he qualified that by saying they'll have a better idea closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dcresham

denisstack wrote: »
    We're in Rahillion Park as well, I asked Ballisk last week and was told the current estimate is June but he qualified that by saying they'll have a better idea closer to the time.

We've also bought in Rahillion Park. We spoke with the builder/foreman and he stated June/July for Snagging with July more likely. Was hoping for earlier, but hopefully it just stays on track now.

Thanks to you both.
    It's great to hear from other people who have bought in Rahillion Park. Hopefully it wont be much later than July. Has anyone been in touch with the builders about getting the mirrors put in the bathrooms when they are tiling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭denisstack

niamhmag wrote: »
    Thanks to you both.
    It's great to hear from other people who have bought in Rahillion Park. Hopefully it wont be much later than July. Has anyone been in touch with the builders about getting the mirrors put in the bathrooms when they are tiling them?

No but we intend to, and also to get shower enclosures installed. I wonder if anyone else had had this done. It would be much handier to pay the extra few quid and have it all done in one go than doing it afterwards.

• Advertisement

denisstack wrote: »
    No but we intend to, and also to get shower enclosures installed. I wonder if anyone else had had this done. It would be much handier to pay the extra few quid and have it all done in one go than doing it afterwards.

Yeah, we were hoping to do the same. I imagine its quite difficult to put the mirrors in after.

Advertisement