Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New housing developments in Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Good chance it's the 6 acres, but the 27mln spot? Unless Satchwell had some other package sold off. Moyglare Hall achieved around the 10mln mark at the right time i "heard". What gets 27mln today?

Aside: google earth is such a powerful tool. I found that airstrip out in Kilcloon the week before it was reported about the Larkins. Thought it was some Colombian lads deal!

To add: GAA club has a lease on part of the Divine world's land. The training ground to the side is theirs. Club missed the last boat to make some coin. They need to do it this time round.

And what about that St.Pauls site gone quiet. It was for rent at 4k per month a year or two back.

And the undeveloped site beside Church. That pluse Kairos?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Those wouldn't be considered Moyglare I think. Adjacent to the future northern ring I'd agree with

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

i'd guess it's out by the ring road, anywhere else isn't really moyglare and for the numbers mentioned and size available elsewhere 27M doesn't match up.

Still no go on the ring road - it's too messy a project, i think i may have to leave maynooth once all this kicks off, last couple of years traffic is just getting worse and worse, no coherent planning and the only thing i see is: Let's cash in for housing.

lordgoat wrote: »
    i'd guess it's out by the ring road, anywhere else isn't really moyglare and for the numbers mentioned and size available elsewhere 27M doesn't match up.

Still no go on the ring road - it's too messy a project, i think i may have to leave maynooth once all this kicks off, last couple of years traffic is just getting worse and worse, no coherent planning and the only thing i see is: Let's cash in for housing.

I'm seriously considering the same over the last couple of days. The traffic doesn't overly affect me right now as I avoid it.

It's the future build up of estates, the college, the road network and the lack of any foresight in joining all this together that makes me think the down will be a mess in the next few years.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

ixus wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering the same over the last couple of days. The traffic doesn't overly affect me right now as I avoid it.

It's the future build up of estates, the college, the road network and the lack of any foresight in joining all this together that makes me think the down will be a mess in the next few years.

Exactly the same here, not affecting me at all right now but I think the look of the town is changing. For example heading out to tesco:
    a) the apartments are too close to the road - they look awful
    b) who wants to own that apartment?

Real Estate Agent "And if you look out your sitting room window you have a lovely view of Tesco Car Park, to the left McDonalds and yes that is the line of traffic you can join in seconds before snailing it through the village - The price? A reasonalbe 220k"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

L1011 wrote: »
    126 3/4 beds behind the Educate Together, further info requested - 15/263

Withdrawn.

15/200 appeal is to be decided by the end of May.

I suspect new plans will be submitted for both sites in time.

All they have to do is offer funds for Ring Road and they'll get the planning.

Maynooth Camps Mater Plan on display in the North Campus at the moment. Public consultation Thurs at 7pm, Iontas building. One of the new ones across from the Arts block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I actually can't believe they're looking for so much for the new houses across from Tesco. The houses are going for North of 380K, with what looks to me like the one facing the road going for 490K

Who doesn't want the sweet smell of McDonalds & diesel when they open their window. Or, to hear the student "banter" at 2am.

• Advertisement

A further application has gone in for 117 student units at the old Buckley house and surrounding lands - 16/328. Not sure what happened to the previous applications.

While not available to non-students, the more student units built the lower amount of pressure on low-end rentals and so on which should have an overall impact on prices.

I hear a batch of the Israeli engineers are heading home after completing their stint. There are also no replacements on the way as of yet. Should knock the steam out of the high end over the coming months. This will affect North Kildare and Laraghcon in Lucan.

Low end property may be purchased for social housing with the 86mln warchest the council has.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I actually can't believe they're looking for so much for the new houses across from Tesco. The houses are going for North of 380K, with what looks to me like the one facing the road going for 490K

Gorgeous looking house,Maynooth is awesome but I think the location in Maynooth is a serious turn off.
    I presume they are selling no problem though.

Personally I think the LTH houses are plug ugly; but I do live in a (large, admittedly) concrete box with a drainpipe down the centre of the front wall, so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Went over to view a second hand in Maynooth this evening (which was in brutal condition!) but having rented in Celbridge for a few years now (cheaper rent) I'm not sure if I want to actually buy in Maynooth-the traffic is just brutal! And with all the new houses I'm just not seeing where the traffic is going to go

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Traffic sucks,it is a nightmare which is one of the reasons we bought between motorway and train station.
    There are ways to avoid the main street during rush hour well rush 10 hours.
    It is a fantastic place to live though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

I was of the impression that when the council sprayed the town with traffic lights that Maynooth traffic got significantly worse... and therefore there is room for improvement?

They only got the lights on Main St/Captains Hill in Leixlip right a couple of years ago.

The lights at SuperValu are massive contributors but would cause much wailing if removed

To a degree it is also to do with the quality of the driving,people constantly block yellow box junctions and where possible park in them.(yellow boxes not junctions)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

The problem with Maynooth is the lack of a ring road, but mostly link the Motorway to the college (properly), if it means an exit slightly further towards Kilcock then do it. Look at Ballymount and Naas Rd. it can be done, they just choose not to saying that they'd be too close.

They choose to funnel all the traffic through the Main St, it's bonkers. The solution is not bike lanes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they were far more in need though. i find it hard to believe that digging up the M4 and putting in a new exit (or amending an existing fly-over) would be anywhere near the forefront of TII's mind, let alone the M4's operators.
    considering it has taken this long to get where were are with the bloody ring road, I can't see a new exit any time soon.

NTA and NRA are different to council. If they decide to do it, they can plough ahead. Would likely mean a proper junction at Rathcoffey Rd with Ring Rd and shutting off Straffan access. Has been mooted before, likely at point where it's needed now.

Why?

See the Maynooth University Master Plan. &
    Greater Dublin Area Transit Strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

There was a proposal recently enough (well, in the days of the NRA) to close the existing exit and move it closer to Kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    There was a proposal recently enough (well, in the days of the NRA) to close the existing exit and move it closer to Kilcock.

Which makes no sense with where they've located the business park. New exit closer to Kilcock and retain the existing one would be best for traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Rosahane

The cheapest solution to the motorway access to the Kilcock side of Maynooth might be something like they have at the Kill exit for Straffan on the N7.
    They could build a road parallel to the M4 from the M4 junction heading west and then swing north over the railway and canal to the Kilcock road.

I am moving if they move the current motorway exits from where it is,but if they open a 2nd one it would be great.

It would/will be a full junction at Rathcoffey/Laragh area. With that part of ring road connecting it to Straffan and Kilcock road. A reverse of mentioned two posts above.

Likelihood is a closure of Straffan Road. Reason is the NRA do not want interchanges close together on Motorways. It's not what they're designed for. The obvious exception being the M50 due to its location. It would actually work well though I know it can be difficult to visualize. Think of all the university amd schools traffic it would take away from the Straffan Rd and centre of town.

Anyway, there'll be an opportunity to make submissions soon if you monitor kildarecoco website.

There was never a proposal for the ringroad to go from the Straffan to Kilcock roads, though - nor is there much in the way of land to do it. It would be entirely discontinous with the eastern arc.

There's a new Traffic Management Plan being worked on now by the council (not TII - its TII that want to change the motorway junction)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/maynoothpastpresentfutrue/permalink/1454830117877493/

There are 3 Balbriggan exits on the M1,2 actually in Balbriggan so a 2nd in Maynooth is possible and would be very welcome.

• Advertisement

Oh, I agree. It's what I have been told from the various sources I have spoken with.

Advertisement