Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Yes, yes they are

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,053 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Naas boards beers in the court so!

beertons wrote: »
    Naas boards beers in the court so!

We've stopped in Graces, just in case anyone is looking for us. I'm a local lad, it's hard for me to pass here and not go in. Marty and the Tom Cruise lad are with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Pints !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Any thoughts for a bank holiday activity in the Kildare area today with a 2 year old? Thinking of lullymore for their Halloween thingy.

Any other ideas?

• Advertisement

Snap. We just packed up to do the same. But I'm out walking the dog now, and I don't think it would be very enjoyable. I'm leaning towards something indoors like tricky tricksters or the fun factory, never been to either of those.

A tricky tricksters boards beers meet up, now that WOULD be interesting!

Been shot down. Lullymore it is.

No beer. Might see ya there.

Try Jungle Den, kids love it.

I'm here. Wrap up. Bit cold, but fun.

2 year old scared and crying already. That aside, I'd say it'll be good fun.

• Advertisement

Just home. Well worth €28 for 2+2. We had to get off the train, as the guys dressed up scared the crap out of the kids. They had to tone it down after, alot of kids were crying. Kept it to the petting farm and the playground.

Jesus!

Maybe I'll wait till next week when he's a little bit older ;)

We were talking to a few parents getting coffee, and their teenagers were scared. Some of the stuff was very clever, a pet cemetery with headstones for peppa pig, George, and a few for the older kids with snoopy and chicken little. It's a massive site. I'm from the far side of kilmeague, and I was never there before. I'll skip it at Christmas, as we've palmerstown booked, but I'd say Easter would be a runner. Who's scared of the Easter bunny!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Howdy, question on house prices in Johnstown. Why the relative low value as opposed to Naas? When you look at house sizes etc. There are some fantastic looking houses there. Is the dump the issue (smell?)?

A relative bought one of the top end houses at the start of development but moved after a few years as missed living in Dublin too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

What's Lullymore?

Try Jungle Den, kids love it.

We have a newborn and a 14 month old and we've been in a few of them now between birthday parties and going ourselves. But our eldest loved the jungle den definitely has the best area for toddlers.

The fire brigade has been by my house every night around 630. Tonight they've been down twice. I take it they're down putting out fires in the park?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

What's Lullymore?

An odd mix of a vistor centre for some turf industry related things, a crazy golf course, some restored old buildings; and seasonal stuff like the halloween stuff. I believe it was at least part funded by the ESB as a job creation scheme for the closure of the power plants, they did the same in Donegal at Dunlewey and so on.

Haven't been since 2003, seems to have changed a fair bit since then even.

http://www.lullymoreheritagepark.com/

The fire brigade has been by my house every night around 630. Tonight they've been down twice. I take it they're down putting out fires in the park?

Yes, was passing tonight and saw them. It's a regular occurance. Have often been walking the dog in the night and gangs of teens with nothing else to do. It's especially bad in the run up to Halloween.

Yes, was passing tonight and saw them. It's a regular occurance. Have often been walking the dog in the night and gangs of teens with nothing else to do. It's especially bad in the run up to Halloween.

How many were there? I wouldn't mind going down some evening and having a chat with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Which park ?

• Advertisement

Monread. The fences at the playground get pulled down and set alight every year. The guards try to go down every so often to catch them, but there's so many ways out, they always disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Was in Las Rada over the weekend, Service was poor which was unusual but savage grub as ever !

Fire bridge were down twice last night. Going to take the dog and kids out now and assess the damage.

3 Kildare pubs got mentioned in next years Michelin guide - Hartes in Kildare town, Fallons in kilcullen, and ballymore inn. Good to get these on the map, all have great food

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

3 Kildare pubs got mentioned in next years Michelin guide - Hartes in Kildare town, Fallons in kilcullen, and ballymore inn. Good to get these on the map, all have great food

Food in Hartes is amazing. I got someone in work to go there who had to do a fair drive to get to it and they done nothing bit rave about the place.

Siblings open on Sundays now, bring your own wine, no extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Love Fallons myself, ticks all the boxes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Monread. The fences at the playground get pulled down and set alight every year. The guards try to go down every so often to catch them, but there's so many ways out, they always disappear.

so why don't they learn their lesson and don't put wooden fences there any more ....

that play area should be metal fenced & gated up every night....its only a matter of time that some mindless gang of bored teenagers will light the place up and there will be nowhere for the small kids that use it

I've been living around the corner for 20yrs and my kids spent many a day down there when they were very young...lots of memories there, would be a shame for it to get damaged

Hindsight is a great thing, but the council are lacking. I remember there was a fire lit in the middle of it and the whole ground had to be replaced. Big bucks.

• Advertisement

Any one know when the road works on the Killcullen road will be finished?
    pain in my swiss at this stage

Advertisement