Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Considering Studying Abroad.

Options
  • 03-03-2014 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm considering studying abroad (If I even can).
    I'm 18 and out of school a year, I've been trying to see if I could study Concept/Digital Art abroad in somewhere like America or Canada.

I have heard of people working and studying abroad with financial help from Grants. The problem Is I doubt I'd be able to find something so good.
    I'd love to be in a situation where I would be studying Concept/Digital Art in another country without having to pay huge amounts (I have no Job or Income) relying on a Job and Grants to pay for Accommodation, Food, College.

I was Wondering if there is anything like this Available?
    Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Your best bet is to decide on a school/course and then research that particular one like crazy. Different colleges have different ways of handling overseas students (and offering them financial assistance!) which is why it's best to pick one school at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

Thanks Pow wow.
    I'm gonna leave it for a year or two and in the meantime I'll get it completely sorted out, The College, Course, Accommodation and everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Himalaya2013

The problem is that tuition fees in the US/Canada tend to be quite high. If you stay within the EU you would be able to do it much cheaper. Just as an idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LukeF96

Yes Himalaya I noticed that too, Guess I'll check out some EU countries too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 smalls90

Have a look at the eunicas website. Its designed for irish and uk citizens thinking about studying in europe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement