Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin Airport Fire Service

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Bro81

Itismyyear wrote: »
    ye i done the first part will leave the maths until tomorrow. it seems like they are looking to get this done fast

What was it like any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Bro81 wrote: »
    What was it like any tips?

Verbal Reasoning and calculations.. it isnt the worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭maniac2000

rocky911 wrote: »
    Verbal Reasoning and calculations.. it isnt the worse.

Verbal reasoning is a handy enough test.. the guards used it and it's very doable but I have no clue as to whats required for the calculations test other than the obvious.. any tips for this one??

max

maniac2000 wrote: »
    Verbal reasoning is a handy enough test.. the guards used it and it's very doable but I have no clue as to whats required for the calculations test other than the obvious.. any tips for this one??

max

Practice ;)

Practice ;)

cheers :D but you cannot see the practice until the verbal reasoning is out of the way!

• Advertisement

cheers :D but you cannot see the practice until the verbal reasoning is out of the way!

Set up an account with SHL and you can practice away,

http://www.shldirect.com/en/practice-tests/

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Redders34

Any one else getting the link in Italian when you connect ?

Redders34 wrote: »
    Any one else getting the link in Italian when you connect ?

como? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Has anyone else not received an e mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

@ speedbird... Yeah I didn't receive an email either. Wonder what that means for us??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

End of the road by the looks of it .....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,805 ✭✭✭Alkers

Got the email at 6.30 last night also

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

End of the road by the looks of it .....

Looks like it.. Would've been nice to have been told though

it's bizarre that they only sent out emails to people that passed. I can't work out why they didn't send out an email to confirm people didn't make it through. It has me thinking are they saying nothing intentionally incase they don't get enough people from this next round so that they don't leave themselves short... just a guess tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

it's bizarre that they only sent out emails to people that passed. I can't work out why they didn't send out an email to confirm people didn't make it through. It has me thinking are they saying nothing intentionally incase they don't get enough people from this next round so that they don't leave themselves short... just a guess tho.

I agree they should've sent emails if you passed & didn't pass. It's not fair to leave people hanging. If you didn't get through that's the end of it. They've more than enough through to next round to have enough to go through to first interview.

Aptitude tests get the best people at aptitude tests unfortunately and many good candidates get knocked out. Its a pity.

Tintin8 wrote: »
    I agree they should've sent emails if you passed & didn't pass. It's not fair to leave people hanging. If you didn't get through that's the end of it. They've more than enough through to next round to have enough to go through to first interview.

Aptitude tests get the best people at aptitude tests unfortunately and many good candidates get knocked out. Its a pity.

Id say this next round will wipeout a lot of people as the calculations test is timed for each question so you only have 17 seconds or something like that.

time to give Carole Vorderman a shout

Seems strange to be fair, have ye contacted the DAA?

Seems strange to be fair, have ye contacted the DAA?

I was successful in passing the round so im through but I know of a few lads that have heard nothing. Im sure they will be contacting DAA for further information.

I was successful in passing the round so im through but I know of a few lads that have heard nothing. Im sure they will be contacting DAA for further information.

Sorry Mark Mcabe :p I didnt mean to qoute you * face palm* best of luck !

Sorry Mark Mcabe :p I didnt mean to qoute you * face palm* best of luck !

If I get through to recruit training I will be the one singing Maniac in the corner :D

• Advertisement

If I get through to recruit training I will be the one singing Maniac in the corner :D

Haha, join the club lad

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sparkfireman

I filled out survey and submitted it. My cousin was away on holidays and couldn't access a pc so I did his too. Exactly the same answers.

He got a email.
    I didn't.
    Fml. Corrupt system? Haha

I'm a firefighter 8 years too. Lol.

I filled out survey and submitted it. My cousin was away on holidays and couldn't access a pc so I did his too. Exactly the same answers.

He got a email.
    I didn't.
    Fml. Corrupt system? Haha

I'm a firefighter 8 years too. Lol.

Cant understand that as it would be all automated ?

Cant understand that as it would be all automated ?

Mad I thought. It's only first stage too.

A head scratcher. Maybe I'll email them.

Mad I thought. It's only first stage too.

A head scratcher. Maybe I'll email them.

Something Id expect out of PAS to be honest but not a private one, Do sure and let us know!

Something Id expect out of PAS to be honest but not a private one, Do sure and let us know!

I emailed them there and told them 3 of us sat around and had all the same answers. The other 2 got emails and I didnt. Will see what they say....

from what im hearing there was an issue with some applications and as a result they have not been considered.

now don't quote me on the above as you know how misinterpretation can change the original story but it might be worth calling them to hear for yourself.

Max

from what im hearing there was an issue with some applications and as a result they have not been considered.

now don't quote me on the above as you know how misinterpretation can change the original story but it might be worth calling them to hear for yourself.

Max

Intersting. I vaguely remembered the application form, do you know the process involved in the campagin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

I emailed them there and told them 3 of us sat around and had all the same answers. The other 2 got emails and I didnt. Will see what they say....

Id say it may have got to do with CV's .

• Advertisement

Max

Wonder what this "issue" is. Either passed or didn't pass can be the only issue.

Advertisement