Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oslo Weather in December

• 05-11-2011 9:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi All.

Not sure if anyone can help me, I'm heading to Oslo on Dec 3rd for a city break, I know it can be very cold in Norway, just wondering if anybody knows if it would be normal to get snow in early December in Oslo? We're hoping to do some Toboganning etc so hoping it will snow before then.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Wikipedia has the following stats:
    (I tried the norweigan met service, yr.no, but they only put the tourist and international stuff in English and my google chrome translator isn't working)

December:

Average High = -0.5
    Average Low = -5.6
    Precipitation = 55mm
    Snowfall = 11.7cm
    Average Snowfall days = 15

I thinks it's safe enough to say unless its a record warm spell you'll have a fair bit of snow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭haven27

Oslo is having an unusual warm spell at the moment so no below zero temperatures and no snow so far. Last winter was extremely cold and started to snow about now. One it gets a bit cold it will snow so it should happen by the start of December but usually Jan/Feb are the best months for lots of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

24142_414287081717_631736717_5652824_2851187_n.jpg

Oslo Jan 2010 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RebelBOK

My girlfriend and I went to Oslo on a city break for new years last year. It was pretty cold and there was a nice blanket of snow but nothing extreme just a thin layer. Make sure and pack the essentials, wooly hat, gloves, scarf ect... cause when we were there the light breeze would cut through ya! It`s a nice little city though but be warned it is ridiculously expensive! We didnt do proper research when we went there and it knocked us for six! We ate at the hard rock cafe on the main street the first nite and had a main course each, one dessert between us and a soft drink each and it came to the equivalent of 97euro! a pint of beer was 11euro and a whiskey and coke was something like 18euro. So you have been warned. Nice city though as i said and a nice little ice rink in the center. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

mars bar 2.50
    Small bottle of water 3.50

Prices are ridiculous. I go to norway quite a lot to visit friends and we nearly always just get tins of Aass beer ( It's a great beer! ) and stay in the apartment with loads of friends over :)

( yes, not very touristy, but it is cost effective! )

Oh yeah, Taxi's are expensive too! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I could only get that page in norweigan . . .not very good with finding the english button obviously!

Advertisement