Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,717 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The way Bliss was looking at Roman suggests her possessor in the fiend is going for the title again and will be the 'heel' in the programme

I'm guessing Braun is too busy dominating Raw Underground to care about the title

Heel Roman

Gotta love it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Heel Roman

Gotta love it

It's been a better build than any of their wrestlemania feuds in recent memory. Fantastic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That segment with Jey at the end had so many incredible lines. "Which one is he", and Roman's ending about being the head of the table. Just incredible.

And pretty easily sets up Roman vs Rock at Mania too, if they want that direction....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Do they get to approve their entrance graphics? Like did Riddle seriously see the flip flop graphic and say "I like that one"? Makes me think of a woman attacking someone with her shoe.

Will Sasha now try to sue Beyley like the Miz is suing Otis? Maybe Jey can now sue Roman. Never understand when they do the whole legal thing.

Speaking of Bayley, clearly she's winning on Sunday. not just because of her feud with Sasha, but because Nikki didn't even make an appearance.

The ring crew must really hate when they see notes like "We need a load of ladder in and around the ring which must be all taken away after the segment".
    As was said, how stupid was it to have a triple threat match with the same competitors as the title math on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bliss is awesome and her Sister Abigail's are a 100 times better than any Bray has ever done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Loving this feud between Roman and jey uso which is not something I’d thought ever say

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is Jimmy Uso out injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Jimmy Uso out injured?

Blew his knee out at WM.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Jey and Roman are headlining the ppv, great build feud

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sky88 wrote: »
    Loving this feud between Roman and jey uso which is not something I’d thought ever say

The thing is, it shouldn't be surprising.

Its a fresh story, one built on reality, with a lead character that has actually had some massive character development.

Being honest, we all know the outcome. Reigns is going to murder Jey.

But we are so starved of character development in WWE, that when they actually dedicate some time to telling a story designed to evolve a character, everyone is thrilled. This match is all about evolving Reign's character.

I want more of this. Not match after match after match with the same two lads for 12 weeks straight, and at the end, no one has changed, no one has felt an actual impact from the feud.

Too many characters are in the exact same place they were 10 years ago. Nothing ever happens.

This? This is something important. Even if one of the major players in the story isn't a main event talent, the story is being presented as fresh and important.

So do they have Jey get a decent offence in before Reigns just beats him up more than its needed? Or does Reigns dominate from the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He's not a jobber so give him a little offence. If they want to build Roman as a badass heel he can't be selling for 5-10 minutes to Jey Uso.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The thing is, it shouldn't be surprising.

Its a fresh story, one built on reality, with a lead character that has actually had some massive character development.

Being honest, we all know the outcome. Reigns is going to murder Jey.

But we are so starved of character development in WWE, that when they actually dedicate some time to telling a story designed to evolve a character, everyone is thrilled. This match is all about evolving Reign's character.

I want more of this. Not match after match after match with the same two lads for 12 weeks straight, and at the end, no one has changed, no one has felt an actual impact from the feud.

Too many characters are in the exact same place they were 10 years ago. Nothing ever happens.

This? This is something important. Even if one of the major players in the story isn't a main event talent, the story is being presented as fresh and important.

Honestly this post is brilliant. I completely agree.

They’ve finally made Roman interesting and the character development has been brilliant. It’s the best storyline WWE has at the minute and it’s simple booking. Sometimes less is more.

https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/10-02-2020

Excited to see how where 'real bad ass Roman Reigns' goes from here

I was thinking this could be Last we'll see some on Smackdown, but their moves won't be till the 12th so they could be on next week's Smackdown

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was thinking this could be Last we'll see some on Smackdown, but their moves won't be till the 12th so they could be on next week's Smackdown

Who's going to be the 'new home new me' guy/girl who ends up disappearing a few weeks later ?

Isn't that Mojo's usual role?

Has Braun or Bray been on Smackdown since Payback outside of appearing in Alexa segments?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Why is Kevin Owens suddenly on Smackdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Loughc wrote: »

Supposed to be part of the "brand-to-brand invitational"

Loughc wrote: »

MizTV off

Corey graves has come out brilliant

Reigns in a cage how will Jey survive ???

KO vs the fiend onward

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Loved that opening segment with Roman and Jey. Glad they’re continuing this.

Probably a sign of the times we are living in, but my main takeaway from the Kevin/ Alexa/ Bray segment was fiend gives kevin the mandible claw then Alexa touches the glovw that was most in another guys mouth 😕

Safe to say Carmella will be on Smackdown after the draft since they spent the weeks doing her videos on Smackdown.

Sasha or Bayley to move since they're getting their match out of the way next week?

The fiend and Braun are even sacred of this roman reigns

They didn't even bother going back after the title

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Clean win over Styles hopefully that means they're keeping an open mind towards Jey. Could be a star.

Advertisement