Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Difference Between Energia Night Storage and Day/Night Tariffs?

• 15-03-2019 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Anyone know what's the difference between the Energia Night Storage and Day/Night Tariffs? How does one know which one would apply to you? I personally have storage heaters and an immersion that uses the night rate of electricity.

There is a significant difference in the rates:

EX Vat Night Storage is €0.1199 Day and €0.0617 Night with €162.12 Annual Standing Charge Urban which includes the 40% discount
    Day/Night is €0.1314 Day and €0.0630 Night with €200.06 Annual Standing Charge

Straight off the bat one is €40 cheaper per annum without using any units.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,855 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It's only €20 cheaper when you add VAT and when you add VAT to the units they are more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 SamShadow

Del2005 wrote: »
    It's only €20 cheaper when you add VAT and when you add VAT to the units they are more expensive.

Hi, thanks for reply. All the tariffs I quoted are EX VAT; I just didn’t mention it for the 2nd one.

SamShadow wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for reply. All the tariffs I quoted are EX VAT; I just didn’t mention it for the 2nd one.

I called them up and gave my MPRN and it’s the Day/Night rate that applies to me; still not sure what the difference is between the two rates though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

SamShadow wrote: »
    I called them up and gave my MPRN and it’s the Day/Night rate that applies to me; still not sure what the difference is between the two rates though.

Two different meter configurations. You are MCC02 (number in top right of your bill). The other rate applies to MCC03.

MCC03 night Rae only covers heating at night. MCC02 covers all nighttime use.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that; yeah I see the MCC02 alright on my bill. Never noticed it before!

Advertisement