Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Megadrive mod

• 22-01-2019 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just took my megadrive off the attic and cleaned it up - it's working perfectly, but I'm going to do the PAL/NTSC mod so I get better speed / music on the games (and I'll probably buy and Everdrive)

Just curious - Why would I bother with the JAP/ENG Mod ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some games switch language and content based on that switch and I think some games also do a region check on boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Some games switch language and content based on that switch and I think some games also do a region check on boot.

Interesting - I'm getting 2 units of the switch I ordered on eBay so I might as well hook up the 2nd I suppose while it's open and I'm at it....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

I always recommend the single switch mod which a lot of people don't seem to know about. It's a 3 position switch with pal in the middle and NTSC / Jap on either side.

Much neater as there's no reason to have 2 switches.

https://mdpal60.net/wiki/megadrive/regionmod/start

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭Inviere

Doge wrote: »
    Much neater as there's no reason to have 2 switches.

You mean you don't like playing Jap games in 50Hz?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

Inviere wrote: »
    You mean you don't like playing Jap games in 50Hz?? :D

Aye! Thats the one limitation of it! A hardwired Retr0gamer approved switch if you will!

• Advertisement
Advertisement