Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Risk of strong winds and heavy rain - Sunday the 23rd to Tuesday the 25th of October

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

mac80 wrote: »
    Must be the sub station at "Back of the wall" cos i have power on Avenue road.
    Although I'm not there but can check the CCTV from work here in Dublin, it looks wild outside alright :0
    Power came back on, guess we could be for a wild night alright. Just went out and took the bin back in, don't fancy picking the contents of it up from the street in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Can't say that bang on my roof that I just heard sounded too healthy! Still raining here. Had a few gusts just there that sounded like the wind is going through the house. Neighbour has left their gate open- gonna be banging for the next god knows how long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Didn't go here either just off the Castletown Road. Shall unplug everything later in case there's power surges or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Still on on my side of town.
    Feckin' wind must be gusting to 60mph here...the whistle/howl is telling...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its a windy night across the country with nearly all stations having Gusts over 30kts on the 00:00 reports with Malin head having a gust of 46kts.Not very strong but its rare to have SE winds gusting that high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭pauldry

casement had a gust of 54 knots

this weather is kinda normal now for sligo wev had so much of it these past few weeks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Final rain total for Sunday 28.2mm a year high also a gust of 69km/h recorded the max this year in Waterford City.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

It's amazing how much more wild the weather appears when its from the S or SE. It hits my bedroom window directly and sounds like the end of time :)

Still though 1-2 hours sleep before a 12 hour early shift isn't good :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Rougies wrote: »
    Just an interesting observation here, as the wind direction shifted from SW to SE over the course of today the Dublin/Wicklow mountains seem to have turned from rain shield into rain generator for the Dublin region. Orographic lift that was sucking up the precip from the SW earlier is now pepping it it up for east facing slopes and also deflecting it into Dublin.

Defintely. That's what I was saying on Saturday. Once you get SE to E winds and rain you get a soaking in these parts.

Got 43.1mm up to midnight and 1.4mm after - a total of 44.5mm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

The SE + E winds hit my bedroom window , awful nights sleep :rolleyes:
    The guttering took some battering , think its hanging on :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Weather warning as flooding hits Northern Ireland

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15423094

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looking at Sat24 now can start to see wave forming in the Celtic Sea that may (or will) bring the next batch of heavy rain to eastern side of the country.

http://www.sat24.com/en/eu?ir=true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Now looking like the worst is staying offshore.but 10 or 20 miles either way and major flooding could make this be a concern.
    11102418_2400.gif

WOW! I see 225mm in the mid Irish Sea!!! That's just nuts.

As you say Red, 10 or 20 miles either way could make a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

A house across the road from me has been having an extension built over the last few weeks. Lots of roof tiles on the road this morning.

Anyone tell me how far offshore is the heavy rainfall on that map and when is that forecast for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Radar seems very inaccurate lately, currently raining quiet heavily here but doesn't look like much on met.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Building up now, Cornwall looks like its going to get hammered
    http://meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=loop1uur

Light rain has arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

NAE has it less intense but right over the east coast
    http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=rsum&HH=18&ARCHIV=0&ZOOM=0&PERIOD=&WMO=

That chart shows the accumulated totals over the next 12 hours or so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement