Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dreamcast Disc not spinning!

Options
  • 17-06-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭

Just picked a second one up last night i plan to mod but the disc is not spinning, is this a common fault? Any one know where to get a new spinner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

safetyboy wrote: »
    Just picked a second one up last night i plan to mod but the disc is not spinning, is this a common fault? Any one know where to get a new spinner?

Dreamcasts are nototious for having a dodgy lid, place some weight down on it and see will it boot from there. It's happened to me a while ago and I've been fine since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

And it worked :) is there a way of fixing the lid?

cheers boss!

Stopped working again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Same problem? There's a fix on the lid, involves unscrewing and whatnot. It's not as fixing the reset problem.

Boots sometimes with pressure, but wont boot with no disc so i think it could be more than the lid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I had a similar problem with mine. I changed the fuse in the plug to a 13a and it sorted it out.

Try that?

the second DC works fine with all the same accessory's mmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

sounds like the small switch inside the door,open dreamcast,and look for small switch near the cd drive,give it a little nudge,leave the dreamcast with no case,using a pen or something,place disc on the spindle,press the switch and see will it turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Did ya try giving the disk a twirl;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Sounds like the lid switch alright, at the best, probably just dust inside it, messing up the connection (your DC thinks the lid is open). A squirt of compressed air will sort it out if it is.

• Advertisement

Advertisement