Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling a house, Question

• 27-04-2018 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

When one is selling a house and if there are say 3 owners of the property I know the money from the sale goes from the purchasers bank to the Purchasers Solicitor and from there to the sellers or vendors Solicitor. My question is what then, is there normally an intermittent period of time between the vendors solicitors recieving the money into their client account and the monies being transferred to the vendors bank, and if so how long is this, typically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Mine was sent and received on the same working day, but my solicitor was my friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Traficante

GingerLily wrote: »
    Mine was sent and received on the same working day, but my solicitor was my friend :)

Thanks, but does not answer my question. I know there will be Estate Agent and Solicitors bills to be furnished and paid so in my case it will not be the same day but there must be a typicall sceanario or train of events with most non issue sales once the monies have been transferred from the purchaser and the closing completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Estate agents fee will be taken from booking deposit.

Solicitor should send money without delay. Any management fees, LPT etc will have been agreed and withheld. Your solicitor will deduct their fee and transfer balance. It really shouldn’t take more than a day. Quickest way is to speak to them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Traficante wrote: »

Thanks, but does not answer my question. I know there will be Estate Agent and Solicitors bills to be furnished and paid so in my case it will not be the same day but there must be a typicall sceanario or train of events with most non issue sales once the monies have been transferred from the purchaser and the closing completed.

My solicitor sent money on Wednesday morning, it was received Wednesday evening, the other solicitor asked for funds to be in account for 24hrs before closing. On Thursday paperwork was sent over and finalised and we completed Thursday evening, we collected keys Friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Traficante

My solicitor sent money on Wednesday morning, it was received Wednesday evening, the other solicitor asked for funds to be in account for 24hrs before closing. On Thursday paperwork was sent over and finalised and we completed Thursday evening, we collected keys Friday morning.

Well I was told because there is capital gains tax due this has to be sorted and paid before monies are released?

• Advertisement
Advertisement