Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Firefly

• 02-11-2010 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Ok just finished watching the only series of Firefly and Im gutted how they ended it!! They answered no questions!
    Ive just gotten a loan of serenity so dont tell me what happends.
    But is anyone else out there sad it didn't go on for longer.
    And I know it ended a while ago, but Ive only just been introduced.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Come back when you've watched the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

WASH!!! :(

Now thats gotta hurt...

it did it got me right in the corner of my eye, Zoe didnt get to have her baby. and poor Book

Its a pity the series was dropped. When that happened they decided to explain everything in the movie. I enjoyed it anyway.

• Advertisement

i enjoyed it too but i would still love a couple more series.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    Ok just finished watching the only series of Firefly and Im gutted how they ended it!! They answered no questions!
    Ive just gotten a loan of serenity so dont tell me what happends.
    But is anyone else out there sad it didn't go on for longer.
    And I know it ended a while ago, but Ive only just been introduced.

There is the a film called "Serenity" and comic books you should check out

Anyways it is a great show

yeah i watched the movie and it was gutted!! and they still didnt answer alot of questions?
    Is there really a comic book about it, that would be weird I was just saying to a friend Id even read a comic strip about them, I need my fix.

What questions did the movie not answer?

How did Book know all he did about the bad guys?
    Who were the guys with the blue hands? why did they have blue hands?
    Do mal and Inara ever get together?
    Are all the reavers gone now?
    Whats going to happen to the central planets now that people know the truth?
    Will Zoe ever cry over Wash!

• Advertisement

I ws. i love that show and Jayne he is my favourite !!!!

How did Book know all he did about the bad guys?
    Who were the guys with the blue hands? why did they have blue hands?
    Do mal and Inara ever get together?
    Are all the reavers gone now?
    Whats going to happen to the central planets now that people know the truth?
    Will Zoe ever cry over Wash!

Inara was staying on the ship at the end of the film so I assumed she got with Mal - there is some deleted scenes of them on the Serenity DVD

I ws. i love that show and Jayne he is my favourite !!!!
    `

Hes in that new series, Chuck, and plays pretty much the same character tbh.

Though as a secret agent.

yeah but she was on the ship for nearly a year and nothing happened, except one kiss while mal was drugged up and he doesnt even remember, so Im not convinced they get together.
    Yeah i must watch the deleted scenes.

Maybe it was all a dream sequence.

I hope not. Although I know what I dream about when I dream about Firefly ;) haha

yeah but she was on the ship for nearly a year and nothing happened, except one kiss while mal was drugged up and he doesnt even remember, so Im not convinced they get together.
    Yeah i must watch the deleted scenes.

They loved each other I think this was evident in Heart of Gold especially the end anyways as a huge Malnara shipper I hope for a happy ending for them ;)

BostonB wrote: »
    `

Hes in that new series, Chuck, and plays pretty much the same character tbh.

Though as a secret agent.

chuck eh? whats it about? is it good?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    They loved each other I think this was evident in Heart of Gold especially the end anyways as a huge Malnara shipper I hope for a happy ending for them ;)

and Kayleigh and Simon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Chuck is great, really funny, plus Summer Glau is a guest star this season!

Firefly is probably my favourite show ever, its just brilliant, ive watched that series a load of times and it always makes me feel gutted after ive watched the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

I heard some interweb rumours that there was a subplot about Inara either being really old or having a terminal illness which was being set up with that scene where the Reavers are potentially about to board them - and she says "I love this ship but I don't want to die on it....I don't want to die at all.." but it got dropped.

As an aside, there was a nice in joke in the second season of Castle where Nathan Fillion's Halloween costume is that of a "space cowboy"

keithgeo wrote: »
    Chuck is great, really funny, plus Summer Glau is a guest star this season!

Firefly is probably my favourite show ever, its just brilliant, ive watched that series a load of times and it always makes me feel gutted after ive watched the last episode.

I know I was gutted too, Ive only seen it once, It was a lend off a friend. I must buy my own, would the likes of HMV have it considering its cancelled?

Ellian wrote: »
    I heard some interweb rumours that there was a subplot about Inara either being really old or having a terminal illness which was being set up with that scene where the Reavers are potentially about to board them - and she says "I love this ship but I don't want to die on it....I don't want to die at all.." but it got dropped.

As an aside, there was a nice in joke in the second season of Castle where Nathan Fillion's Halloween costume is that of a "space cowboy"

ooo im glad they dropped that line!!!

And for what it's worth, Serenity is my favourite space ship in the entire pantehon of science fiction. Over the course of the one season, and the movie, the writers did a great job in investing it with a "personality" to the extent that when it got hit with the EMP and was spinning out of control, and Wash managed to get the nacelles to fire, I got the impression that it was almost sentient an struggling to keep it's crew alive. As articulated by Mal in the line "love will keep a boat in the air, long after it ought to fall down" No matter how cool the Milennium Falcon is, Lucas never managed to pull off that trick.

Wash.... must not cry:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ellian wrote: »
    And for what it's worth, Serenity is my favourite space ship in the entire pantehon of science fiction.

You will like this picture of my wall so...

officewall.jpg

Love that scene in castle alright, it was brilliant, wasnt expecting it all ..

Shiny :)

Never loved the ship tbh.

Chuck is fun. Not serious or anything. Makes me laugh.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_(TV_series)

• Advertisement

why dont you like the ship?
    and yeah i read up on chuck ive heard of it before Ill give it a watch for Jayne but unless he is all manly with guns strapped to him I dont know if ill like him in it.

and keithgeo that is an amazing picture where did you get it?

Advertisement