Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone remember Lexx?

• 27-05-2014 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

It was by far the weirdest sci-fi series I've ever seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nobelsar

prq wrote: »
    It was by far the weirdest sci-fi series I've ever seen.

Found out about Lexx 6 months ago and it floored me. There was so much to take in. Right away you're thrown into an alternate universe, an ellaborate, detailed, visually-rich story, which is weird, sexual, bizarre, but most of all, incredibly unique.

Episode after episode they either visit an entirely new alien location or planet. There's always a "where will this show take me this time?" aspect when popping in each episode. A lot of people just dismiss it as being a shallow ****-fantasy with nothing more to it than a puerile sexuality and sub heavy-metal-depth conceptual sci-fi, but i always point out that it has some really subtle and deep philosophical **** going on beneath the surface and some of the best visual metaphors I've ever really seen...

And in terms of epicness, it's by far the grander in scale of the sci-fi shows IMO, because it's so heavy with FX.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭prq

Also, the acting is surprisingly good for the budget. Nice appearances by some more famous actors (Rutger Hauer, Malcolm McDowell).

Every time I have to explain someone what it is, I fail to convince them to watch it. It its weird but, as you said, quite unique.

(I last saw it about 10 years ago, wonder how it holds nowadays)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nobelsar

prq wrote: »
    Also, the acting is surprisingly good for the budget. Nice appearances by some more famous actors (Rutger Hauer, Malcolm McDowell).

Every time I have to explain someone what it is, I fail to convince them to watch it. It its weird but, as you said, quite unique.

(I last saw it about 10 years ago, wonder how it holds nowadays)

It holds up very well, IMO. Also there's a project going on on Usenet where the series is being uploaded weekly in 1080p files, and they're halfway through S3 already and it looks awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭human 19

Nice reminder. I have just bought the box set from amazon for 60 quid incl delivery.

Advertisement