Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Break (2016) [** Spoilers **]

• 03-06-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Prison Break may be getting sprung from television purgatory.

Fox is developing a limited-series revival of its 2005-09 drama series that would re-team stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Details are sketchy, but I hear the reunion project — if it happens — would be similar to last year’s 24: Live Another Day in that it would span a dozen or so episodes and feature a closed-ended storyline.

Earlier this year, Miller — who reunited with former TV bro Purcell this past season on The CW’s The Flash — told E! News that he “floated the idea” of a Prison Break continuation to Fox and “they seemed to think there was something there.” Fox co-chairman Gary Newman acknowledged at the Television Critics Assoc. press tour in January that Prison Break would make “the perfect event series,” but added that there were no current plans to bring the Fox River gang back together.

In the meantime, Miller and Purcell are at least guaranteed to reunite for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, premiering midseason on The CW.
    Reps for Fox and 20th Century declined to comment.

http://tvline.com/2015/06/02/prison-break-revival-limited-series-fox-wentworth-miller/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Not a good idea. It started well and went more and more downhill as it went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

24 without Jack Bauer, and now bringing Prison Break back.

Someone needs to give Fox a slap in the face

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭woppi

Only worth the effort if Robert Knepper reprises T-Bag and those fantastic one line put downs!

Having said that, Knepper showing up in the Breakout Kings didn't do anything to help that dead horse. I was surprised it made to a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I will give it a watch when it's out. But I won't be expecting much. I don't even know how they'll go about writing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 1 was great, how would Michael return

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

"I might bring up the whole we didn't see a body rule of the prison break universe also we didn't see what was on the dvd he gave lincon(IIRC Mahone gave it to him without Sarah knowing)"

I put that on the episode thread when it aired but it really struck me as odd at the time there seemed to be two DVD's. I must watch the scene again but i'll be very proud of myself for catching it if thats the way they do it.

I have to say i'll have no interest if its a prequel/flashback or whatever. As silly as it would be to bring him back thats the way i want them to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Prison Break Sequel Is Officially Coming to Fox
    "It picks up the characters several years after we left them in the last season of the show"

Fox bosses Dana Walden and Gary Newman finally (and officially) confirmed they’re developing a Prison Break event series that will feature both Dominic Purcell and Wentworth Miller — despite the latter’s ultimate fate on the original show.

“I would describe it as a bit of a sequel, it picks up the characters several years after we left them in the last season of the show,” Fox Chairman and CEO Walden told reporters at the Television Critics Association’s semi-annual press tour. “The brothers will be back. Some of the iconic characters from that show will be back. It definitely will address some questions that were set up at the end of the series and for a new audience… It’ll start after where we left the Scofields in the final season.”

Now the big question remains what that means for Michael Scofield (Miller), who died in the direct-to-video follow-up The Final Break. Though fellow Fox Chairman and CEO Newman initially said writer Paul Scheuring would ignore the events of The Final Break, Walden backtracked. “I don’t think he’s going to completely ignore what happened in that episode, but what he pitched to us was a very logical and believable explanation in the world of Prison Break for why are character’s alive and still moving around the world.”

“He had a very detailed incredible story for why these characters become relevant again and why they’re back,” Newman added.

The Prison Break event series is only in development stages, but Newman and Walden had every faith it would go straight to series once Scheuring finished mapping out the 10-episode arcs. For their part, Miller and Purcell are currently teamed up once again on The Flash and its spin-off DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, which debuts midseason on The CW.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭lukin

I remember when the final season ended Wentworth Miller said he wouldn't do another season as FOX were only doing it for the money. I admired him for that. So what's changed? He wrote the script for that film Stoker in 2013 but hasn't done anything since. I can only assume that he needs the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

lukin wrote: »
    I remember when the final season ended Wentworth Miller said he wouldn't do another season as FOX were only doing it for the money. I admired him for that. So what's changed? He wrote the script for that film Stoker in 2013 but hasn't done anything since. I can only assume that he needs the money.

I think Fox have improved how they do things over the last few years (the Fantastic 4 debacle excluded).

Maybe they provided assurances to Miller that they will be hands off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

I don't care that it will most likely be rubbish, delighted to be getting some more, I loved that show :D

• Advertisement

'Prison Break' Sequel Filming Is 'Aiming for Spring,' But There's a Snag
    You haven't forgotten about the "Prison Break" revival, right? Everyone was hyped on the news last summer, but what's the latest update on the 10-episode sequel? Stars Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell talked to TVLine about the difficulties in scheduling the new series around their work with "DC's Legends of Tomorrow." Both actors are committed to that show's 16-episode debut, so fitting in "Prison Break" is a challenge.

As Purcell put it, the studios involved are "negotiating the complexities" of a deal, but he said the project is "moving forward." Miller was a bit more hopeful in his comment, while acknowledging the scheduling issues. "There are a lot of moving parts to that conversation, but we are hopeful that we'll be able to shoot something this spring. 'Prison Break' is taking its cue from 'Legends,' which is the priority. So we're aiming for spring.

As we were all told last summer, the "Prison Break" event series, modeled after FOX's "24: Live Another Day," is a sequel, of sorts. As FOX co-chairman and CEO Dana Walden put it at the time, "It picks up the characters several years after we left them in the last season of the show. The brothers will be back. Some of the iconic characters from that show will be back. I don't think [executive producer producer] Paul [Scheuring] knows exactly where he's going over the 10-episode arc, but it definitely will address some questions that were set up at the end of the series for a new audience."

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Wentworth Miller posted THIS yesterday. :D

http://tvline.com/2016/02/22/prison-break-revival-mark-feuerstein-saras-husband-cast/

The Royal Pains alum is joining Fox’s forthcoming revival in the recurring role of Scott Ness, the formidable husband of Sarah Wayne Callies’ Dr. Sara Tancredi.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI I've closed the Prison Break forum and moved this thread here. The show isn't big enough to justify having a dedicated forum any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Not sure how I feel about this.. the first season was just TV brilliance, the second was still good but nowhere near the same standard.

Season 3 even they pretended never happened, and 4 I don't really remember at all. Can't even remember how it ended. Might have to rewatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Not sure how I feel about this.. the first season was just TV brilliance, the second was still good but nowhere near the same standard.

Season 3 even they pretended never happened, and 4 I don't really remember at all. Can't even remember how it ended. Might have to rewatch.

I re-watched the box-set last year. Season 1 was clearly miles ahead of the rest, but Season 2 I also thought to be quite strong. Season 3 had potential at the time and unfortunately the writer's strike of that year cut it short and quelled the creativity of what could have been a good season, had it been given enough time to resolve properly, but they rushed it. Re-watching for the second time though, I have to say Season 4 was a hell of a lot more enjoyable than I gave it credit for back in the day. I think once you suspend a certain amount of disbelief and just settle in for a ride, it's a good craic show. Season 1 was a phenomenal piece of television and they'll never do another season as good as it, but the show is still enjoyable. I'm looking forward to see what they do with this new season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Stacker Pentecost

Screw it. The first two seasons were excellent! Count me in for some more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

That legends show they're at at the min is fairly sh1t. It shouldn't last to long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭lukin

I'll probably watch the new season but only out of curiosity. It's only really happening because the actors involved haven't exactly gone on to better things since the last series ended.
    Not really relevant to the TV show but hopefully the mods will allow it as I think it's important:
    http://www.newstalk.com/Wentworth-Miller-reveals-depression-battle-as-he-hits-out-at-online-meme

Season 5 reportedly hitting our screens in September, with Michael returning but not as we know him
    According to various reports across the pond, bosses at the show’s U.S. home FOX are eager to get Michael Schofield and Co back on the air as soon as possible in a bid to boost the channel’s declining ratings. The smash hit series which is returning for a fifth season after a 7 year hiatus will apparently return 4 months ahead of schedule and hit U.S. screens in September with filming due to begin in a matter of weeks.

Meanwhile there has also been reports that the storyline will revolve around Michael and Sarah’s son who discovers that his father is still alive and imprisoned, but has no memory of his life with Lincoln and Sarah. Reports say that producers have already cast the role of Michael’s older son who desperately tries to find his long lost father who has been missing all those years after his self sacrificing electrocution to free Sarah from prison at the end of season 4.

Reports also suggest that fan favourites Robert Knepper (T-Bag) and Amaury Nolasco (Sucre) will also return to the series, although it is not yet known whether or not former stars William Fitchner (Alex Mahone) Rockmond Dunbar (Benjamin C-Note Miles Franklin) or Jodi Lyn O’Keefe (Gretchen Morgan) will make an appearance in the limited series revival.

Full article

The boys are back on set!

Cf9fjdgUkAAzsq7.jpg:large

FOX will premiere Prison Break in the network’s mid-season in early 2017. The event series will continue to air on Thursdays at 9PM thereafter.

Source: Fox

• Registered Users Posts: 60,267 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trailer

Looks ridiculously like Season 1 but I simply do not care! Seeing them all back together actually made me smile.

The trailer is currently trending No. 3 on Twitter worldwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really excited for this now. Will be good to have the gang back together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

If Jodi Lynn o Keefe isn't in this I'm out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,777 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No need to watch the series now after seeing that trailer, unless all that happens in the first episode

Advertisement