Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread Part II **Mod Warning** Read First Post/or Post 7389

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

That means they've a picture of their bits on their computer, right? It's a pity some of their friends/housemates don't come along, after the picture being left open, and ask wtf a penis is doing on their PC. :pac: Might get them to cop on a bit.

I people just block and/or report them they will cop on or get taken off the site eventually. Why don't people just do it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭I_am_LOST

I'm baffled as to why guys bother. What do they think is going to happen? "Oh what a lovely penis you have, let's ****"

Are there many female creeps out there? lol :pac:

On another note, don't you just hate it when there's a profile and they have ALL the same interests as you, yet you're not one bit attracted to them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    ye think you are bad,its even harder to find a woman who likes you when ya tell her those five words
    I am a Chelsea fan :(

Oh that's a big no-no alright! :pac:

I wouldn't think most women would care. I'm into my football but didn't think many other on POF would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

Aquila wrote: »
    ye think you are bad,its even harder to find a woman who likes you when ya tell her those five words
    I am a Chelsea fan :(

Yeah to be fair you're right there :pac: Although after last night you might be in luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I_am_LOST wrote: »
    Not with that attitude!

Well not my opinion, just the opinions of the hundreds of girls I've ever messaged on the site :(

Samich wrote: »
    Well not my opinion, just the opinions of the hundreds of girls I've ever messaged on the site :(

Meh, ya can't force someone to be attracted to you. I've messaged hot guys and gotten no replies too. It happens!

Meh, ya can't force someone to be attracted to you. I've messaged hot guys and gotten no replies too. It happens!

Yup, the real bit*h though is chatting to someone for ages and finding out they had a fake photo up that wasn't even of them :O

Yup, the real bit*h though is chatting to someone for ages and finding out they had a fake photo up that wasn't even of them :O

Or they cancel a date after being in touch for ages. Then continue to stay in touch only to not contact you again! Why waste time! :rolleyes:

mood wrote: »
    Or they cancel a date after being in touch for ages. Then continue to stay in touch only to not contact you again! Why waste time! :rolleyes:

I know, I've been on the receiving end of that as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

It might be a black mark against someone if they were a die-hard Celtic fan but I wouldn't let it stop me mailing them. That's a bit extreme!

:confused:

I never said you could?

Also how many women say "Want to meet a nice guy".

Plenty of nice guys about.

I never said you could?

But if your not attracted to then and/or don't hit it off with them and/or want the same things there is no point getting involved.

I never said you could?

Yes, but we want a nice guy who we fancy too.

Personality is so important, but if you aren't attracted then the person is really just a friend.

tatumkelly wrote: »

Personality is so important, but if you aren't attracted then the person is really just a friend.

Well exactly, that's why I reckon people should be a bit more honest if they're putting up profiles on dating sites. Had one mailing me with a celebrity photo :(

Well exactly, that's why I reckon people should be a bit more honest if they're putting up profiles on dating sites. Had one mailing me with a celebrity photo :(

Well that's more than being a little dishonest, that's a flat out ridiculous lie, and just goes to show that person is so not worthy of your time.

I never said you could?

I know ya didn't, I'm just saying, there's no point even giving it a second thought in my opinion. If someones not attracted to you, it doesn't matter how nice ya are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Do women really want nice guys?

Was told by the girl I am meeting tomorrow that she will not meet me if I remain "too nice" and "too greatful" as she says "nice guys finish last" with her!

Ahhhhh women!!:rolleyes:

Was told by the girl I am meeting tomorrow that she will not meet me if I remain "too nice" and "too greatful" as she says "nice guys finish last" with her!

I know no woman who thinks or talk like that. She sounds like a girl not a woman!

• Advertisement

That is ridiculous in my opinion and such a silly thing to say.. What does she want, you to be rude the whole time and punch somebody on the street?
    mood wrote: »
    I know no woman who thinks or talk like that. She sounds like a girl not a woman!

EXACTLY

Sometimes, just sometimes... women do mean what we say, we do really want a nice guy. Nobody wants a walkover either.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Was it Jake Gylenhaal, by any chance?

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Was it Jake Gylenhaal, by any chance?

He's hawwwwt... I'd totally date him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Just as I decide to give up on this internet dating thing, along pop two guys that are decently attractive with nice personalities, wanting to talk to me.

Damnit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Just as I decide to give up on this internet dating thing, along pop two guys that are decently attractive with nice personalities, wanting to talk to me.

Damnit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Damnit.
    Send em my way.Would hate for you to have to go back on your word :P

Often I've seen "Just want to meet a nice guy" and thought to myself, maybe I'll get places with this one.

If they say, want to meet a hot, nice guy it would be more honest :P

I can't see where I'll meet anyone in the near future, probably the earliest will be about 5 years time.

I'm such an optimist :P

Often I've seen "Just want to meet a nice guy" and thought to myself, maybe I'll get places with this one.

If they say, want to meet a hot, nice guy it would be more honest :P

I can't see where I'll meet anyone in the near future, probably the earliest will be about 5 years time.

I'm such an optimist :P

I would have thought it's a given that all of us would like a hot partner though? Obviously there has to be a physical attraction that makes you want to put the effort in to chase them.

You might be surprised, I've always found I've met people when I've least expected it and sometimes that's the best way.... less expectations and therefore less likelihood that you'll put pressure on yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Sometimes, just sometimes... women do mean what we say, we do really want a nice guy. Nobody wants a walkover either.....

It may have been she doesn't want a walkover but now I am afraid to suggest doing something to make life easier on her (giving her lifts to and from dates, making dates closer to her house or at a time that suits her better) in fear I am being too nice.....oh and she is a woman, one that is nearly 5years older than me incidentally (that's for an earlier reply, how do you multiquote??)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement