Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photo Thread.

Options

Comments

Thought I might make a request. Has anyone got a photo of the interior of the 4100-series air braked Mark 2s which IÉ bought in the early 90s? I was never inside one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Karsini wrote: »
    Thought I might make a request. Has anyone got a photo of the interior of the 4100-series air braked Mark 2s which IÉ bought in the early 90s? I was never inside one.

Most of them looked like ordinary Mark 3's seating wise though the windows were tinted and the paneling was different. 6201 and 6201 has 2-1 seating; 1 had red seats while 1 was green. I can't embed the first two photos but hopefully the links will work for you.... (No they didn't, try again)

http://irishrailwaynews.multiply.com/photos/album/172/Cu_Na_Mara_-_BREL_Intl_Coaches

inside%20intl%20coach%206208%20CIE%20days1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

While requests are going, does anybody have a photo of the inside of the cabs on any of IEs fleet, particularly any of the DARTs?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Jammyc wrote: »
    While requests are going, does anybody have a photo of the inside of the cabs on any of IEs fleet, particularly any of the DARTs?

This is a picture of the cab of a 22k that Irish Rail uploaded to either their Twitter or Facebook account,i can't remember.As far as i know it's taken in Docklands station

198979_10150138036148896_166535193895_6637688_7297719_n.jpg

Here's a 141/181 cab, these are from 190:

174612.jpg

174613.jpg

174614.jpg

174615.jpg

174616.jpg

• Advertisement

Most of them looked like ordinary Mark 3's seating wise though the windows were tinted and the paneling was different. 6201 and 6201 has 2-1 seating; 1 had red seats while 1 was green. I can't embed the first two photos but hopefully the links will work for you.... (No they didn't, try again)

http://irishrailwaynews.multiply.com/photos/album/172/Cu_Na_Mara_-_BREL_Intl_Coaches

Thanks, though these are the Mark 3a "Cú Na Mara" coaches. Hadn't been in these either so they're still useful. :)

The only DART shots I have are these ones and they're not particularly good:

174623.jpg

174624.jpg

Thanks, though these are the Mark 3a "Cú Na Mara" coaches. Hadn't been in these either so they're still useful. :)

Silly me, I thought that was what you were looking for. As far as I remember, they were similar to the refurbished Mark 2s, they being introduced into traffic round about when some sets where refitted.

Jammyc wrote: »

Full cabs shots are very rare as most cabs are pokey and awkwardly built. The best you will get generally are bits and bobs of panels so enjoy what has been posted up here thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Full cabs shots are very rare as most cabs are pokey and awkwardly built. The best you will get generally are bits and bobs of panels so enjoy what has been posted up here thus far.

Oh I am. This is awesome and thanks to those who have posted.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Here's a 141/181 cab, these are from 190:

that centre window looks useful, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

121-169-1-XL.jpg

I have added a few pictures of 121s to a gallery here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

11.00 down Enterprise, headed by 228 - between Skerries and Balbriggan today !!!

picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10653

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Found this in my flickr favourites, Enterprise DVT cab

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanfrombangor/4709493207/in/faves-39896705@N05/
    4709493207_d930dbbbfc_b.jpg

Nice! You don't see the whole cab very often. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

I have added a few more 141/181 pictures to a gallery here

146-1-XL.jpg

152-6-L.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Beet harvest, 2005.

img1433g.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Has anyone else noticed the old beaten up guards van from the old orange mark3 carriages at inchicore painted up in the enterprise colours?

It looks like it has derailed a few times and rolled down a few embankments:D all buckled up and wrinkled but maybe some mud and dust from being used might take the bad look off it!

I will try to get a picture the next time i am out that way but i suspect after a mention here it may be hidden away in inchicore awaqy from the public gaze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the old beaten up guards van from the old orange mark3 carriages at inchicore painted up in the enterprise colours?

It looks like it has derailed a few times and rolled down a few embankments:D all buckled up and wrinkled but maybe some mud and dust from being used might take the bad look off it!

I will try to get a picture the next time i am out that way but i suspect after a mention here it may be hidden away in inchicore awaqy from the public gaze.

Is that not the Generator van that did not quite "fit" the Enterprise set up? Something to literally do with couplings? More up to date honest dudes will explain.

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Is that not the Generator van that did not quite "fit" the Enterprise set up? Something to literally do with couplings? More up to date honest dudes will explain.
    It is sitting out near the main lines as if ready to be added to a train set, or maybe for transport to the scrapyard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

My understanding is that there were issues around the EGV and whether someone would be able to access it in the event of a fire. I am also under the impression these were resolved to the point where trials restarted, but don't have that 1st hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Got to see the last of the MK3A Int.Cu na Mara coaches left in Ireland at the weekend.
    6203 is now a pretty unique coffee shop/restaurant at Caragh Nurseries(http://www.caraghnurseries.ie)!
    DSC09756.jpg
    DSC09761.jpg
    whereas poor old 6205 remains in a yard at Killashee House Hotel Naas with badly damaged windows clearly smashed by mindless thugs
    DSC09749.jpg
    DSC09754.jpg

Few more shots here http://www.flickr.com/photos/62132709@N04/sets/72157627638240655/

dowlingm wrote: »
    My understanding is that there were issues around the EGV and whether someone would be able to access it in the event of a fire. I am also under the impression these were resolved to the point where trials restarted, but don't have that 1st hand.

They have have had trials with same over the last year on Irish Rail tracks and by and large they have been successful enough to warrant a serious consideration. The access isn't a massive issue as fire crews can access the EGV from track side or by old fashioned axe work through the dummy doors :D Our friends in NIR have not yet conducted their own trials and checks which I understand is holding the project up; until they get moving they won't see the light of day. Given that they have new DMU sets to commission and their track record with the Gatwick DVT, I ain't holdiing my breath anytime soon :rolleyes:

Some DMU pics taken near Drumcondra earlier today :)

picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10731
    picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10730
    picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10729
    picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10728
    picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10727
    picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10726

The last three trains appear to have no destinations:( nothing unusual there.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The last three trains appear to have no destinations:( nothing unusual there.

The LEDs on the ICRs rarely come out well on camera.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The 3rd and 2nd last are the same train anyway.

22 341

22 341 had it's destination marked up ok 'Sligeach' - you can see a vague 'S' in the photo !!!

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

22 341 had it's destination marked up ok 'Sligeach' - you can see a vague 'S' in the photo !!!

God bless your eyesight. :o

• Advertisement

One I took a couple of years ago.

Advertisement