Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photo Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

Connolly St - Steam Train 30 12 2007 (sorry bit blurred)

174021.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Merbhp

More detailed map of Railways in Ireland 1906...some lost treasures!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Merbhp wrote: »
    More detailed map of Railways in Ireland 1906...some lost treasures!

And for sale here: http://www.adverts.ie/other-antiques-collectables/irish-railway-map-from-1906-reprint-but-rare/816276 and open to any reasonable offer - Paddy Power needs you! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I have that video uploaded. Its not the best quality because my camera is really only for taking pictures. Will I post it here or will we make a different thread for videos? Because its going to get a bit messy in here if we post both.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

I have tried a few times to upload pics without any success. Can someone help? I would be linking them from my flickr account most likely.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

CIE wrote: »
    Oh? You sure about that? The 186 would work just as well pulling Mark 3s and 4s too, you know, even with HEP versus steam heating. (Oh yeah; no more Mark 3s.) The motive power is independent of the type of cars pulled. And you don't have to listen to those under-floor motors that aren't there; nice and quiet, especially if you're in the rear cars. (I'm a passenger too, you see.) Now maybe if you were in the engine cab, it'd be a different story.

How would a 3 pipe vacuum braked 186 cope with the 2 pipe continuous air braked Mark 3s? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

How would a 3 pipe vacuum braked 186 cope with the 2 pipe continuous air braked Mark 3s? ;)
    Next we'll be told that 186 has CAWS fitted and is wired for multiple working...:D

shamwari wrote: »
    Next we'll be told that 186 has CAWS fitted and is wired for multiple working...:D

With a pantograph for Luas and DART lines :)

I have tried a few times to upload pics without any success. Can someone help? I would be linking them from my flickr account most likely.

Thanks in advance.

FAQ here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=bie_faq_how#faq_bie_faq_how_images

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

073 in Athy on a DFDS liner
    DSC09555.jpg
    075 alongside 22 224 in Athy again
    DSC09582.jpg
    072 on the RPSI Silvermines tour in Ballybrophy last Friday
    DSC09616.jpg
    22K paradise at LTD
    DSC09626.jpg
    079 on an empty timber in Athy
    DSC09634.jpg
    079 again on the exact same train in Kildare
    DSC09637.jpg
    186 on the RPSI tour in Athy last Saturday
    DSC09695.jpg

• Advertisement

I always find it somewhat ironic that the first decent livery that any CIE/IE loco has carried in decades is restricted to locos on freight work. Nice pics by the way. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I always find it somewhat ironic that the first decent livery that any CIE/IE loco has carried in decades is restricted to locos on freight work.

Freight is really really important to CIE.:rolleyes: Not.

5970468873_3821fe3db8_z.jpg

5234812982_bd19fd9570_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Nice pics by the way. :)

Cheers JD!

Two taken by by good self last year when A39 had her formal launch at a special diesel day at Downpatrick. Hard to think that this was not far off a winters day!

DSCF3117.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

243mf14.jpg

311usd1.jpg

wheres thia?

25s7o8y.jpg

and this

Is one is 186 just outside of Mullingar? It didn't do many links down here in recent years and it's the only one I can think of that suits the background.

The other I reckon it could be is on the GNR line given it's double headed train. It's not an old Laytown viaduct pre footbridge as it hasn't any sea barrier at the river bend so the only I can think, is it Rogerstown?

• Advertisement

not 186
    not Mullingar
    not GNR
    Not Laytown

apart from that, spot on:D

clue: In the second shot, the little door under the bridge is significant

One with blue pole and bridge is Ennis (north end of platform). :)

461 is the loco in other pic.

Correct on both counts. 461 is running round and would be approx at the point in the far disance of the second photo. I think it was the Lough Attilia RPSI tour which should give away the location of the third photo

corktina wrote: »
    not 186
    not Mullingar
    not GNR
    Not Laytown

apart from that, spot on:D

clue: In the second shot, the little door under the bridge is significant

Sorry about that; stuck to viewing it on my iPhone (:mad:@firewalls) so the pic just wasn't clear enough for my liking :o I was never down the Ennis line so I shall call time on my guesses, which in fairness were only 2 questions wrong ;)

Sorry about that; stuck to viewing it on my iPhone (:mad:@firewalls) so the pic just wasn't clear enough for my liking :o I was never down the Ennis line so I shall call time on my guesses, which in fairness were only 2 questions wrong ;)

at least you tried. the little door is through the bricked up arched through where thr West Clare narrow guage used to run)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

corktina wrote: »
    I think it was the Lough Attilia RPSI tour which should give away the location of the third photo

Departing across Lough Atalia leaving Galway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Give that man a chicken dinner. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,234 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Partizan wrote: »
    Give that man a chicken dinner. :p

Grrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭steamengine

081 on the up Tara circa 11.00 this morning between Balbriggan and Skerries :)

picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10623
    picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10621
    picture.php?albumid=1836&pictureid=10622

Advertisement