Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Schezuan chicken

• 25-02-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi does anybody know how to make a really nice schzuan sauce like you get in a Chinese lve tried the ones from the supermarket but they are totally different its my favourite and it never is called tomato shezuan one the menu like it is on labels in the supermarket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sadam

I would be sceptical of anything called shezuan chicken. Shoulnt it be Sichuan chicken?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Can be both: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szechuan_cuisine

Obviously the wrong forum to be asking this anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sadam

ah, you are right, learned something new there today ;)
    Why is it not spelled in the way Sichuan is in pinyin though? Is that an old way of writing Chinese characters in the Latin alphabet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stevenandyray

Yup, Sichuan is in pinyin!
    I am from Sichuan Province and I can cook Sichuan cuisine, but what kind of chicken do u mean?

Advertisement